A good Sci-Fi show ..

Rosbjerg

I've always been a Sci-fi fan! and as such I like Sci-fi shows .. but the only ones I've seen are Stargate Sg-1 and Atlantis and Star Trek Next Generation!

while these are ok, they are not really my kind of sci-fi! They feel to immature at times .. and the

Fortune favors the bald.

Try Farscape. It has witty writing, an interesting backstory, and cool characters. I would be remiss if I didn't mention my favorite shows, which are not really Sci-Fi but just plain old unrealistic fun. That would be Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I've never been the biggest fan of either Buffy nor Angel .. but two episodes made me laugh my a$$ off! the one in Buffy where they sing all the time .. and one in Angel where he's turned into a puppet .. hilarious! :rolleyes:

and Jaguar .. I've followed Sg-1 from the beginning! and while it's immature at times Richard D. is the funniest guy! he's the only reason I watch the show .. :- the interactions between him and Christopher during the last couple of seasons have been extremely well written (simple but good) and just plain fun!

Fortune favors the bald.

The puppet episode was classic. You might also want to try, and I'm dating myself totally , is Space 1999. It was a seventies show, I believe, and starred Martin Landau and a whole bunch of brits. One girl was an alien who , while completely georgeous, shapechanged into some of the cheeziest aliens that no budget could provide. :rolleyes:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

So far I can't agree with any of these choices. I for some reason seem to find myself watching farscape, but its just not that good. The only show that sci-fi that I've been able to watch more then a couple of episodes in a row is the X-Files

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I've never been the biggest fan of either Buffy nor Angel .. but two episodes made me laugh my a$$ off!  the one in Buffy where they sing all the time .. and one in Angel where he's turned into a puppet .. hilarious! :thumbsup:

and Jaguar .. I've followed Sg-1 from the beginning! and while it's immature at times Richard D. is the funniest guy! he's the only reason I watch the show .. :) the interactions between him and Christopher during the last couple of seasons have been extremely well written (simple but good) and just plain fun!

I've also watched SG-1 from the very beginning and you're right - Rich. D. is the man! He's so caustic at times, it's hilarious; especially when interacting with C. Judge. :)

manthing2.jpg

^ so what do you think of Atlantis?

to me it's really without any kind of charisma! and just feels like a total rip-off .. the only thing good about it is the superb graphics! but it's SG-1 all over again! but the biggest problem with all of SG is just the inconsistencies! I mean they are horrific! :thumbsup:

Fortune favors the bald.

^ so what do you think of Atlantis?

to me it's really without any kind of charisma! and just feels like a total rip-off .. the only thing good about it is the superb graphics! but it's SG-1 all over again! but the biggest problem with all of SG is just the inconsistencies! I mean they are horrific!  :thumbsup:

It's an SG-1 rip-off devoid of any chram; and most importantly lacking McGuyver - 'nuff said. <_<

manthing2.jpg

So far I can't agree with any of these choices. I for some reason seem to find myself watching farscape, but its just not that good. The only show that sci-fi that I've been able to watch more then a couple of episodes in a row is the X-Files

I watched it alot (X-Files) when I was younger .. but I stopped around season 6 I think .. it became a little repetative imo .. Can't remember much of it, but I thought it was a great show back then when it started..

I've actually only heard good things about Farscape .. so I was a little bit curious about it .. but it doesn't air on any channels I have, so I have never seen it ..

Fortune favors the bald.

There are a few reasons I like Farscape. The first being it took the Humans in space concept in a whole new way. Instead of us being a galatic power one lone astronaught is dropped smack dab in the middle of a part of space that humans would not be considered a super power in. One human eeking out an existance in scenarios that he could never train for. It was a fresh look at a tried and true concept. The second is the relationships that developed between the characters over time it was great, not one of the reaccuring characters was really generic or throw away ala Star Trek or Star Wars. Lastly was I thought the writing was great and kept the show interesting.

I also liked Babylon five because it was Star Trek with a more here and now flare. It would be like if what we see happening in the world today was happening in space and instead of different countries it was different species.

I've never been the biggest fan of either Buffy nor Angel .. but two episodes made me laugh my a$$ off!  the one in Buffy where they sing all the time .. and one in Angel where he's turned into a puppet .. hilarious! :)

and Jaguar .. I've followed Sg-1 from the beginning! and while it's immature at times Richard D. is the funniest guy! he's the only reason I watch the show .. :( the interactions between him and Christopher during the last couple of seasons have been extremely well written (simple but good) and just plain fun!

MACGYVER RUUUUULE!!! :D

btw, i wholeheartedly agree. sg-1 is a bit immature and the main characters are basically flawless. buffy and angel has never been my cup of tea.

hmm actually that sounds like an old 80 sci-fi show .. where a single astronaut get's hurled through a time portal of some sort .. and ends up in the year 2400- something .. can't remember exatly what happened through the show, but it would seem farscape borrowed a little from that! :)

I once saw a Babylon-5 film I think, now that I think about it .. where humans where getting totally beaten by another race .. because they didn't know of their customs (something about greeting a new enemy/friend/whatever with all weapons loaded to show your hands or something) .. all being told by some king/emperor of a dying world ..

I always like when people are getting annihilated apperantly (like in Battlestar Galactica), because I thought that film was rather good ..

Fortune favors the bald.

ooh, x-files. now that was a good show; the first 5-6 seasons that is. i guess it was on a few years too many; although t-1000(robert patrick) did bring in a bit of fresh air to the show...

I would do anything for a lock of Richard J. Anderson's hair

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yes I think there was an episode of Stargate SG-1 where in the background a character was watching on TV an episode of MacGuyver.  The theme song was playing in the background I recall.

Amanda also said he was a lousy Macgyver in an episode .. because he couldn't fix something .. :)

and I have forgotten all about his hair in those old episodes .. so shh!!

Fortune favors the bald.

I don't really like sci-fi TV shows, but I saw Battlestar Galactica the other day, and it is well written and entertaining. The show is somewhat realistic (if you understand what I mean) and the characters act ...... human-like. Like in the first episode when the President made the mistake to destroy that ship (the Olympic Carrier, I believe). Or the terrorist that pushed for free election. Great writing. (although I don't quite understand the women that only the scientist can see)

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Farscape and Firefly.

I'll try and expand on them later for you, but they are superb sci-fi shows.

Ya I forgot about firefly a good but brief series

The best thing though was the eye candy, some very beautiful women

I once saw a Babylon-5 film I think, now that I think about it .. where humans where getting totally beaten by another race ..  because they didn't know of their customs (something about greeting a new enemy/friend/whatever with all weapons loaded to show your hands or something) .. all being told by some king/emperor of a dying world .

You have watched the TV movie "Babylon 5: In the Beginning."

"In the Beginning" tells why how the Babylon project started. The war you saw was the Earth/Minbari War.

Babylon_5__In_the_Be_15824f.jpg

Babylon 5 is a great show. You NEED to watch the first season. Since the show was written like a book. Because J. Michael Straczynski (Creator and he wrote over 90% of all the episdoes.) made the show into a 5 year story arc and a novel, so the series had a beginning, middle, and a end.

The Seasons:

Season One: "Signs and Portents" Exposition

Season Two: "The Coming of Shadows" Rising Action

Season Three: "Point of No Return" Climax

Season Four: "No Surrender, No Retreat" Falling Action

Season Five: "Wheel of Fire" Denouement

If you want more information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5