Bloodthirsty Vrook?

I think its pretty much settled how much people dislike Vrook. I have yet another reason, and I wanted to see if ever happened to anyone else.

I was playing as a Lightsider, and I helped Suulruu the farmer get his equipment back. He then joined the militia to help against the mercenaries. Anyway, after the battle Vrook, while being a complete prick, will teach you one of the lightsaber forms. Well, he demonstrated on Suulru. Suulru was in his combat stance, but never made any moves, and Vrook killed him. After the cutscene was over, there was Suulru's dead body next to me.

Has that happened to anyone else?

I think its pretty much settled how much people dislike Vrook. I have yet another reason, and I wanted to see if ever happened to anyone else.

I was playing as a Lightsider, and I helped Suulruu the farmer get his equipment back. He then joined the militia to help against the mercenaries. Anyway, after the battle Vrook, while being a complete prick, will teach you one of the lightsaber forms. Well, he demonstrated on Suulru. Suulru was in his combat stance, but never made any moves, and Vrook killed him. After the cutscene was over, there was Suulru's dead body next to me.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?

Yep- the body is still there. I can't target or loot it, but its Suulru and its dead. I even came back to Khunda when it was time to see the council, and the body was still there

Are you serious?

Yep- the body is still there. I can't target or loot it, but its Suulru and its dead. I even came back to Khunda when it was time to see the council, and the body was still there

SEE HE IS A SITH LORD!

Heh, the same thing happened in my game. I remember thinking "uh, oka...y" and then waiting for Suulru to get up. I thought maybe Vrook was just practice-sparring with him, or using him like a dummy, but when poor ol' Suulru never got up, I suspected the worst. I reset and all was well again.

I never thought Ed Asner was all that violent, just grumpy

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

R.I.P. Suurlu. :(

In my game I took out the mercenaries pretty darn quickly, so Suurlu wasn't really hurt after the battle...and after Vrook proceeded to beat the living crap out of him, he was at about half health. But still, Vrook actually killed your Suurlu?! :)

manthing2.jpg

I never thought Ed Asner was all that violent, just grumpy

That's right!! Vrook does look like an emaciated Ed Asner!! I had a similar scenario. I was lightiside and I completed the hydrospanner quest with the lightside ending. I got the guy to join the militia. After the battle, Vrook was demonstrating the lightsaber technique on the droid merchant guy. For the remainder of the game, the droid merchant walks around limping from being wounded by Vrook. Maybe Vrook is son angry because he can only kill and maim defenseless, non-jedi.

• 1 month later...
yeah vrook has been a little prick since the first kotor when your revan and all.. maybe he is just too old tired of everyone fallin to teh dark side or something

Yet another reason to end his worthless life :lol:

Yes that was one of my most favourable moments when I was playing DS.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Hah, that's hilarous. It's sort of like the Council glitch I encountered. I didn't get Kreia's dialogue at all, nto even when they said they were severing the Force from me. They were just there but when I went to talk to them they dropped dead. :)

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I just want to say thank you to the original poster for bringing this up. It validates every suspiscion I ever had of Vrook. I really do think he forms bonds like the Exile but not as strong, and he's afraid of the Exile taking the council from him. Vandar and Zhar were strong enough to resist him, but Kavar and Zez obviously weren't. They seem to be your friends when you talk to them, definetly in your camp. Then along comes Vrook and they're convinced you need your eyes gouged out, err, I mean the force stripped from you. Oh yeah, same thing. Truly a satisfying moment when I killed him on Darkside.