Regarding Raider Camp

roguefrog

I rolled in there and all the raiders are tripping out. Blabbing about how I'm a ghost, the Death-Hand returned. When i talk to the leader he thinks I'm his father risen again after he had killed him. What the hell did I do differently to get this kind of reponse? I never got the standard rescue Tandi bit.

I rolled in there and all the raiders are tripping out.  Blabbing about how I'm a ghost, the Death-Hand returned.  When i talk to the leader he thinks I'm his father risen again after he had killed him.  What the hell did I do differently to get this kind of reponse?  I never got the standard rescue Tandi bit.

Low Karma ?

No idea actually. I seem to have missed that part of the game too. Damn, now I have to try again :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Read a walkthrough at NMA, everything's there.

I'm not sure but I think the Raider's leader passes you for his father if you have high luck and/or you're wearing Leather Armor...

Try wearing different armor or just begin attacking all raiders in sight as you enter the camp, that should change things (especially the second one :-)

Yeah its cool. Kinda like a special encounter.

The raiders think you are their long lost leader returned...

You have to be wearing the 'MADMAX' leather armor, and have either high luck and/or high charisma.

See you in the Wastelands, Punk! :cool:

Wow...this I did not know.

Oh, a be a good vault-dweller now, and return Tandi to her father.  :p

Dont! Keep her! If you bring her back you will lose here forever! Remember she allways wants to leave the Shady Sands. :D

If you could only equip here with power armor.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Or anybody else! I hated that! I can give them great weapons, but I cant give them good armor. I hate seeing them die all the time.

Oh, my boy Ian died a thousand deaths, how many times I reloaded just to save his *ss...

I decided to throw him out at the military base for his own safety, couldn't let him die >_<

He's good as a first companion, but you should ditch him when you get tired of him shooting you in the back with burst fire ;)

In the manual of Fallout 2, where the memoirs of the Vault Dweller are presented as an "intro", the vault dweller says that Ian fell in Necropolis, burned by the flamethrower of a mutant. What's funny is that this is EXACTLY how I first lost Ian the first time I played Fallout :ph34r: