Episode 3 KOTOR2 tie-in

I'm currently reading Star Wars: Labyrinth of Evil which is the prequel of Episode 3. Basically Episode 3 picks up where this book leaves off with Palpatine being kidnapped...

But that is neither here nor there. I was reading a scene where Dooku was training General Grievous who was facing a group of androids trained in the 7 basic jedi dueling styles and the droids start going through Ataro, Shii-Cho, Soresu, Lus-ma and Makashi forms while fighting Grievous under Dooku's teachings.

Not really KOTOR related, but it was weird to see the forms used in KOTOR being mentioned in a star wars novel.

I'm currently reading Star Wars: Labyrinth of Evil which is the prequel of Episode 3. Basically Episode 3 picks up where this book leaves off with Palpatine being kidnapped...

But that is neither here nor there. I was reading a scene where Dooku was training General Grievous who was facing a group of androids trained in the 7 basic jedi dueling styles and the droids start going through Ataro, Shii-Cho, Soresu, Lus-ma and Makashi forms while fighting Grievous under Dooku's teachings.

Not really KOTOR related, but it was weird to see the forms used in KOTOR being mentioned in a star wars novel.

How is that weird? A Star Wars novel is EU. The lightsaber forms were created in EU. TSL, then subsequently used the information from EU into the game. Not the otherway 'round. :(

manthing2.jpg

**** ya its 10 days from my bday so im gonna see it like 8 times if i like it as much as i think i will- i herd jar jar gets killed :D , anyways lucas and his little compadre dude u see if u have the starwars DVD set tells u how they pretty much have been makin lightsaber styles since they first started. im guessin that the kotor stuff is basically them takin bits and pieces form lucas's lil library of destruction

The seven forms originally came from an article in Star Wars Insider right after Episode 2 came out. You can also find em in the Hero's Guide for Star Wars D20, but I don't think either one has the same names for the forms, they're only listed by form number and in some cases who uses them in the movies. For instance Dooku tends to use Form IV and Mace Windu tends to use Form VII as well as his own Lightsaber form known as Vapad and Obi-wan almost exclusively uses Form III.

Also it would not be wierd for something from Kotor to be refrenced in any Star Wars movie/game/comic book/novel/ pantyhose /toilet paper oops sorry started reading from my wifes grocery list for a second there but back to my point. Anything that Lucas puts his name on is considered cannon for the starwars universe which means any video game etc...... All of those char and so on exist in the Star Wars universe like they have been there all along.

• 2 weeks later...
The seven forms originally came from an article in Star Wars Insider right after Episode 2 came out.  You can also find em in the Hero's Guide for Star Wars D20, but I don't think either one has the same names for the forms, they're only listed by form number and in some cases who uses them in the movies.  For instance Dooku tends to use Form IV and Mace Windu tends to use Form VII as well as his own Lightsaber form known as Vapad and Obi-wan almost exclusively uses Form III.

I remeber that issue it was a good one.

The seven forms originate from a article, I know of then even before KotOR was made.

The 7 forms are crap. Nick Gillard himself said so.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

**** ya its 10 days from my bday so im gonna see it like 8 times if i like it as much as i think i will- i herd jar jar gets killed :D , anyways lucas and his little compadre dude u see if u have the starwars DVD set tells u how they pretty much have been makin lightsaber styles since they first started. im guessin that the kotor stuff is basically them takin bits and pieces form lucas's lil library of destruction

It says nothing of them making lightsaber styles in the Star wars DVD...the only thing that has been said remotely close to it is in the Episode 1 DVD where Nick Gillard explains the process he went through making the basic Jedi style

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

The seven forms originate from a article, I know of then even before KotOR was made.

The 7 forms are crap. Nick Gillard himself said so.

Ya its strange how the E.U. wants to be considered canon, but continualy runs off on its own. Bad ideas from bad writers

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.