Feargus buys BIS' Fallout art from Interplay?

aVENGER

According to RPGCodex Obsidian CEO Feargus Urquhart bought all of the art and texture assets created by Black Isle Studious for the Fallout games (minus FBOS) and perhaps even the artwork of the other BIS games as well. Hmm... shear nostalgia or a profound business plan?

In any case, let's get the new forums started with some good old speculation. :thumbsup:" :lol:

He's redecorating his office. Rumour around the Obsidian offices is that he's taken to calling himself The Master and has been telling the staff they will soon be "dipped".

But that's good that he's bought up those assets, they should be under his ownership.

newlogo.gif

Since Obsidian, namely Feargus, owns the art assets of the Fallout games, except FOPOS, does that mean Bethesda has to pay Obsidian now to use any art assets of the previous games and if so could he use that as a leverage against Bethesda to make sure the game is done right?

Since Obsidian, namely Feargus, owns the art assets of the Fallout games, except FOPOS, does that mean Bethesda has to pay Obsidian now to use any art assets of the previous games and if so could he use that as a leverage against Bethesda to make sure the game is done right?

I smell profits!

Perhaps there will be a kind of joint-venture between Obsidian and Bethesda? Because of the rumours of K3 being developed with a by Obsidian wit a new engine and stuff, maybe FO3 and K3 will have Bethesda's engine and Feargus helps Bethesda with the FO stuff?

Wild speculation, but would be cool.

Or Bethesda could subcontract out to Obsidian to make the game...a'la KOTOR2 and Neverwinter Nights 2...

First they bought the rights for fallout 3 from interplay then they pay former interplay workers to make fallout 3 for them. Heh. Well, stranger things have happened for sure. :rolleyes:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Honestly, they could use those assets for any project and come out ahead. I'm hoping that they either push forward with an original IP with those assets. I think i'd dance a little jig if Bethesda actually contracted Obsidian to be the dev team on Fallout 3 (i think most of the gaming world would dance that little jig too)

icon_mad.gif

My blood still boils at the fact that we won't get a Fallout 3, but an Elder Scrolls : Fallout.  <_<

Well, that remains to be seen. I for one am glad that somebody got FO3 started. To be honest, I don't think Beth will put out a game that is true (as in a carbon copy) to what Fallout is, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be able to make a good game. And that isn't a very common thing these days.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

If it doesn't follow the rules of SPECIAL and doesn't have the same style oand nuance of Fallout, then it will be crap.

Still, you will get it ASAP. :rolleyes:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

No, I don't need proof. Just like you don't need proof to state that the game will be crap. Both of us know that you will get it, and that's enough for me. :rolleyes: