The Greatest American

B5C

My vote:

George W. Bush

Ronald Reagan

Anyway, in the spirit of your nominations, I nominated Nixon.

And just a side note, I find it hilarious that they're copying the CBC.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"And just a side note, I find it hilarious that they're copying the CBC."

Why is hilarious? A good diea is a good idea no matter wher eit comes from. Oh yeah, how dare those Evil Amerikans tm steal our Kanandain ideas.

I mean, I guess this isn't where I should mention Kanadian Idol.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

In which a racist politician who did nothing but get shot won. So that basically proved to me that whoever wins is the opposite.

You think conservatives are racists? Holland is trying to survive an unslaught of Muslim fundelmentalism.

Errrr....pym fortyn (will anyone from the netherlands out there please clear up my spelling of his name....i only know how to pronounce it not spell it) is racist, not all conservatives are racist and not all racists are conservatives nor is that implied in his description of him. :p

P.S. If u want to blame someone for this trend of "greatest"'s polls the first i know of was in the UK couple of years back when oddly enough Winston Churchill won.

My vote:

George W. Bush

Ronald Reagan

Anyway, in the spirit of your nominations, I nominated Nixon.

:p:lol:

Can you just vote for "Modern Day Republicans" , apparently ;)

Apparently to be the greatest American you avoid going to war by some miracle by getting a spot in the reserve in only a few weeks when others waited years, you snort coke and drive drunk, divide a coutry, and start a war based off bad intelligence.

****, maybe if I go blow up a bus full of school children I'll get a vote.

Seriously tho, I'm the sure the guy did a bunch of things right in your eyes, but you put him ahead of say.....Lincoln, washington, Jefferson, or Franklin? I think you need to read about what past presidents actually did, and those are just a few presidents. Not to meantion men and women of science or people like MLK.

More on topic than my last post, i'd nominate Thomas Paine but its debatable if he can be classed as an American even though he was one of the main instigators of the war of independence(was one of the first people to propose independence) and was also Washington's secretary of Foreign Affairs after independence. If you don't know about him go read his work, either common sense, rights of man or age of reason. :D

Paine's a good choice.  Wasn't he executed by the French during the French Revolution, though?

No, due to a great deal of luck he was not executed although he was due to be.....he actually died in the US (after jefferson invited him) as a bit of an outcast after the response to his last work, age of reason.

The reason he survived the french revolution was because he was ill when he was sentenced to be executed and the prison governor had allowed him to have his cell door open to let in fresh air and when someone came round to chalk up a cross on his door(which symbolised he was due to be executed) they had to put it on the inside and so paine shut the door and when the time came for the days executions no one noticed his cross. :D

It's Pim Fortuyn, and I disagree with him on both being conservative, and being racist.

Fact is, he changed his opinion so damn often he didn't know what he was. He was an opportunist and a populist. He was just charismatic, and appealed to the public, apparantly.

I'm glad I don't have to vote for the greatest American. I do now however know what I'll vote when they do 'the greatest oxymoron'.

Mr U

It's Pim Fortuyn, and I disagree with him on both being conservative, and being racist.

Fact is, he changed his opinion so damn often he didn't know what he was. He was an opportunist and a populist. He was just charismatic, and appealed to the public, apparantly.

I'm glad I don't have to vote for the greatest American. I do now however know what I'll vote when they do 'the greatest oxymoron'.

Mr U

I assumed he was racist after hearing him use racist language in a speech, however it sounds from what you've said that he was worse than racist which is using racism as a tool when you don't neccesarily believe in it.

P.S. Like the use of pink in your post. :p

In america we have our own Pim Fortuyn, his name was George Wallace, and I most certainly wouldn't vote for him as the best american ever.

Whos doing this vote again, the Fox News Network or what?

The greatest american was either Bill Hicks or Franklin Roosevelt or Martin Luther King Jr.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

In america we have our own Pim Fortuyn, his name was George Wallace, and I most certainly wouldn't vote for him as the best american ever.

The greatest american was either Bill Hicks or Franklin Roosevelt or Martin Luther King Jr.

AOL and the Discovery Channel.

George Wallace was a racist, but he had great idea to shrink the US government.

AOL and the Discovery Channel.

George Wallace was a racist, but he had great idea to shrink the US government.

Think you'll find Thomas Paine had that idea all the way back at the beginning of the US and was against slavery and racism before the constitution was even considered thus making wallace not only racist but a plaguarist. :p

Also, how on earth could i have forgotten to mention Bill "patron saint of scaring comedy audiences witless" Hicks, he was a genius and a comic inspiration the world over.

Think you'll find Thomas Paine had that idea all the way back at the beginning of the US and was against slavery and racism before the constitution was even considered thus making wallace not only racist but a plaguarist. :p

Also, how on earth could i have forgotten to mention Bill "patron saint of scaring comedy audiences witless" Hicks, he was a genius and a comic inspiration the world over.

Alot of people did! Look at the Libertarian party.

National Security

The United States must defend itself against espionage, sabotage, subversion, sedition, and terrorism, or it will succumb to its foreign and domestic enemies. The full power of the Federal Government should be applied to the apprehension, conviction and punishment of persons guilty of these high crimes. We call for the reestablishment of and vigorous support for the House Internal Security Committee, the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee, and the Subversive Activities Control Board. All loyalty and security risks should be dismissed from government service.

Treason is defined by the Constitution and specified as a capital crime. We call for the enforcement of this provision of the Constitution.

http://www.theamericanparty.org/americanpa...form1200412008/

One of the few things we need today from George Wallace's party.

National Security

The United States must defend itself against espionage, sabotage, subversion, sedition, and terrorism, or it will succumb to its foreign and domestic enemies. The full power of the Federal Government should be applied to the apprehension, conviction and punishment of persons guilty of these high crimes. We call for the reestablishment of and vigorous support for the House Internal Security Committee, the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee, and the Subversive Activities Control Board. All loyalty and security risks should be dismissed from government service.

Treason is defined by the Constitution and specified as a capital crime. We call for the enforcement of this provision of the Constitution.

http://www.theamericanparty.org/americanpa...form1200412008/

One of the few things we need today from George Wallace's party.

Next thing you know you'll be bringing up the better points of Jim Crow

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Quick question, how much do you know of the mccarthy era? As, if i recall correctly, that was all due to a fear of infiltration by a foreign group(soviet russia) and there were various measures bought into operation which ended up with large numbers of people in public life including an icon of holywood, charlie chaplin, emigrating to europe.