Favorite PnP games?

Darque

Well, my favorite setting is my own, which I dubbed Concrete Kingdom. Some of the material is based off an old Billy Idol albumn called Cyberpunk. It is a mixture of science fiction and fantasy and it has gone through many incarnations. It Started as GURPS, then to Cyberpunk 2020, then FUZION, tried it baseline d20 System and finally settled on d20 Modern.

I am currently playing in a campaign using Monte Cook's Arcana Unearted, though the DM made some major revisions. I am playing a Mage Blade. A Mage Blade, due to my friend's rewriting, uses Arcane Battle Feats and gains a bonus feat of that type every odd level instead of casting spells.

I would also say .. My own .. I (and 5 friends) have made a complete world, with unique cultures and languages!

we are currently working on the system to play with, but the setting is done ..

it's a planet which have been struck by a HUGE asteriod, which have caused the it to rotate on it's side (like Uranus) .. so there's a huge desert on the side facing the Sun and the backside of the planet is covered in total darkness, with skyhigh mountains and glaicers .. the only place livable (by human-like creatures) is a belt around the middle of the planet .. where 6 (upcoming) Empires are fighting over control! (one for everyone of us who made the setting)

we will then each control an Empire, and wage war on each other .. until we are satisfied, and the final result will be the current political system .. then we will make characters, play as those in the world .. and every change we make will be recorded and applied.. (same goes if anyone else plays)

there's more to it, but I don't wanna drown you all in infomation! :thumbsup:

Fortune favors the bald.

Nice to see people dont just play D&D... sometimes i get the feeling its the only system people know of.

Personaly I like alot of different systems and worlds here are some in no particular order:

Cyberpunk 2020 (cool world and the system has some good ideas to...)

Feng Shui (realy fast and fun.. not to serious)

Ars Magica (realy cool magic system)

Mutant (Pretty cool world, altho I usualy edit some parts i dont like. Swedish game)

Warhamer Fantasy Roleplay (Nice gritty fantasy world and has one of the best printed campains ever in the abovementioned "Enemy within")

Palladium (cool fantasy world, crapy system though)

World of darkeness games (interesting world although tends to be a bit to extreem, the system is horrible)

Call of Cthulu (Nice setting for one shot sessions)

Probably have a few other favorites but i can't think of them right now...

My personal favs are

7th Sea (Swashbuckling adventure at it's finest, plus magic and lost civilizations)

TORG (The first true multigenre RPG)

Legend of the Five Rings (A carryover from my long forgotten CCG days, but the setting is fun)

Honorable Mentions

Rifts (nice multigenre game that's not really that multigenre except cosmetically.. still fun though)

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (defintely not your garden variety hobbit game)

I do not have a favorite system. I have grown bitter and cynical, and all I can see in every system I read are its flaws.

Well, not really, but all systems are flawed. I have a 50 page house rules document for D&D 3.5 (3.5.9), for example, and that includes limiting myself from just rewriting the whole thing to be more to my liking.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

I'm currently running a Shadowrun Campaign and a Dune campaign using the Last Unicorn limited run core book.

I'm also a fan of "All Flesh Must Be Eaten" for fast and fun play and D20 star wars - which i'm trying to write a home rules set for the KOTOR era.

I enjoy the Palladium system games, like Rifts or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but they're too cumbersome to want to play a log campaign with.

Legend of the Five Rings (A carryover from my long forgotten CCG days, but the setting is fun)

I played a little L5R and thought it was pretty fun. I made a Unicorn shugenja from the Moto family. I shamelessly powergamed him by taking Alternate School: Phoenix, giving him a starting Void of 4.

His name was Moto Arif, but after blowing up a Scorpion bushi he was (out of character) called "Moto Explodo".

I played a little L5R and thought it was pretty fun. I made a Unicorn shugenja from the Moto family. I shamelessly powergamed him by taking Alternate School: Phoenix, giving him a starting Void of 4.

His name was Moto Arif, but after blowing up a Scorpion bushi he was (out of character) called "Moto Explodo".

OMG :) that's too cool :D

I'm kinda surprised at the powergaming though :- I thought developers were supposed to be about balance :o :D