Name the best Star Wars books

Ostkant

Too bad to hear that the books aren't so good, I normally hate reading books, but if it's this (Star Wars) or Harry Potter it interests me, but we'll see what I think.

I'd like to see some EU books on KOTOR, similar to the fanfics about KOTOR found on the Internet.

I stumbled on the Thrawn trology as an audiobook, be great for traveling me thinks. A little less chewy than political science lectures.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I tried to listen in on the Thrawn crap but its so bad it makes the Aliens novel I bought out of boredom seem like great litterature.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Star Wars Republic Commando is a pretty good one, and so is Jedi trial and that trilogy when Luke is looking for Jedi and builds his new academy on Dantooine.

Luke builds an Academy on Dantooine??

Sorry he turns the old Rebel base into his academy on Yavin 4.

...similar to the fanfics about KOTOR found on the Internet.

"I looked to Bastila and said to her in a sexy tone 'Oh my god you are hot. Will you do me right now?' She turned to me and said, 'Ok baby lets do it'. And our bodies twisted and moaned under the hot, voyeuristic gaze of the sun."

I tried to listen in on the Thrawn crap but its so bad it makes the Aliens novel I bought out of boredom seem like great literature.

Told ya!

Word economics

To express my vast wisdom

I speak in haiku's.

I just finished reading Vector Prime and it was enjoyable fluff. Typical RA Salvatore, but at least the characters were handled well.

I've just started reading I, Jedi my Micheal A. Stackpole. So far it's a step above what i was expecting. Enjoyable so far.

Other than that i've disliked most of the Star Wars books i've picked up. The Thrawn trilogy was crap-tastic with it's shallow main characters and uninspired plot.

I got my hands on some SW comics(the Thrawn stuff and Exar Kun thingie) instead, they're atleast bearable but maintain a steady low-quality. Whats with these people, why are they incapable of telling a tight and interesting story with believable characters?!

As I read the Exar Kun ones I clearly understood why KoTOR disregards or alters most of it- its plain crap that has nothing or very little to do with the original SW concept... Sith Witchcraft? Lobbing solar cores at people? Why cant they be satisfied with the rich potential of plain old force lightning and lightsabers duels?

the EU can bite my ***

I got my hands on some SW comics(the Thrawn stuff and Exar Kun thingie) instead, they're atleast bearable but maintain a steady low-quality. Whats with these people, why are they incapable of telling a tight and interesting story with believable characters?!

As I read the Exar Kun ones I clearly understood why KoTOR disregards or alters most of it- its plain crap that has nothing or very little to do with the original SW concept...  Sith Witchcraft? Lobbing solar cores at people? Why cant they be satisfied with the rich potential of plain old force lightning and lightsabers duels?

the EU can bite my ***

Try the new series by Dark Horse. The Republic series is specially good, but even the worst of the new ones is way better than any of that 'Old Sith' & Exar Kun crap.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I read something called "Jedi council" thats set some years before Episode 1, felt the same way- rushed and pointless sor of "mhmm, was that it?"

No Ill stick to quality comics *reads X-men* "Mystique vs. Fidel Castro's death robots" Now thats the stuff!

I read something called "Jedi council" thats set some years before Episode 1, felt the same way- rushed and pointless sor of "mhmm, was that it?"

Um, ok. Maybe not all of them are good.

No Ill stick to quality comics *reads X-men*  "Mystique vs. Fidel Castro's death robots" Now thats the stuff!

Fine. I can't compete with that.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Is there any SW comic about or with Barriss Offe(jedi healer thingie) and that weird-looking master of hers?

Um, there was a Republic number about them, maybe more than one. I'm too lazy to look up which one it was, though. Those comics are about the Clone Wars, so most of those rather unknown Jedi appear in one or another. And if you like that sexy blue twilek Jedi chick, that's the series for you. :lol:

As I read the Exar Kun ones I clearly understood why KoTOR disregards or alters most of it- its plain crap that has nothing or very little to do with the original SW concept...  Sith Witchcraft? Lobbing solar cores at people? Why cant they be satisfied with the rich potential of plain old force lightning and lightsabers duels?

the EU can bite my ***

the EU can bite my ***

Try the new series by Dark Horse. The Republic series is specially good, but even the worst of the new ones is way better than any of that 'Old Sith' & Exar Kun crap.

My sentiments exactly! (see sig)

Hmmm...I think it was mentioned earlier, but the Han Solo books are pretty good. Star's End, The Lost Legacy, and Revenge. Nice reads, though they do tend to bog down at some points.

Haven't read much in the way of SW, so my opinion might not be worth much...I pretty much just stick to horror/sci-fi/fantasy novels anyway.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I just read the mindnumbingly simplicstic "Darth Maul" 4part series comic. Its among the most uninspired comic Ive read.. Maul is given a mission to kill the leaders of Black Sun, and so he does. Nothing more, no twists, no tension, nothing.

gah.

I just finished reading Vector Prime and it was enjoyable fluff.  Typical RA Salvatore, but at least the characters were handled well. 

I've just started reading I, Jedi my Micheal A. Stackpole.  So far it's a step above what i was expecting.  Enjoyable so far.

Other than that i've disliked most of the Star Wars books i've picked up.  The Thrawn trilogy was crap-tastic with it's shallow main characters and uninspired plot.

Vector Prime is the nadir of starwars novels, and if not certainly close to it. Where as before I had always enjoyed Salvatore's work, and believed his work well above the carping that most fantasy writers endure, he certainly did himself no favors in writting that "rag".

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.