ANOUNCEMENT!! KOTOR III Is On The Way!!!!!

stargate

i doubt they would rush a game thats using a new engine  i mean the worse thing to happen is engine bugs if thats the case

Hey compaired to the almighty buck LA couldn't careless about the quality of game that is put out. I agree that its unlikely that (saying this is true) we will see a new KOTOR in a year or so but really even two years might be too soon for them to work out all the other bugs.... unless they are going for a already established engine (because "new engine" doesn't really mean that they are going to develope it it just means that it could be new to the series). But my main point is that I hope they (LA) don't presure whoever is developing the new game to have it out before it is really ready to hit the shelves.

I say they should perhaps combine old classic KOTOR characters with the best KOTOR 2 characters and a few newcomers in KOTOR 3 for a synthesis of the best of kotor.

First off cudos on the using the big word :x Secondly I have to agree, I would love to be able to have Jolee in my party again or Handmaiden.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

I see no reason to doubt that a 3 will be out. The franchise is very sucessful and I am sure they will continue to capitalize off of that sucess. It is just makes sense from a money making standpoint. We all know GL is about the dollar dollar$$$$$$

If Bioware puts out decent engines for Jade Empire or Dragon Age, is it really necessary to develop a completly new one?

Those might be the last engines that Bioware do in-house. They recently licensed the Unreal Engine 3.0 for future projects.

And about KotOR III, surely there will be one, but who knows by whom or when.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Inventive?

Hardly, it worked in KotOR but pulling the same trick again its not going to work.

Yes, there are ways to do KotOR III but you can forget about having the previous party members showing up, if anything TSL just show that epic levels really dont work with the current system.

If they pull that again and bring back former party members then its not going to be worth much.

drakron.png

Starting the game as weak is not the problem. The problem is ending a character that is super strong at the end of the previous game and then using the same character that is weak at the beginning at the next game.

DOES. NOT. COMPUTE.

Why should all of a sudden you drop in power. What game mechanic and story reason is there for that. d20 Star Wars does not have level drain so there is one explanation gone.

Such heavy handed stupidity died out in the Ultima series. Also KotOR series is not Final Fantasy. Starting over with a new batch of characters can work once. Once.

well, this is hades doing his bull headed song and dance again. Everyone clap along.

Seriously though, E3 is right around the corner. If they're gonna have a video of KOTOR 3 showing there, then they have to have a developer now who is already near the end of pre-design phase.

To the fella who thinks KOTOR 3 might be a xbox 2 launch title, that would be a remarkable short dev cycle since Xbox 2 is gonna launch for xmas of 2005. If the rumors hold true and they are crafting a whole new engine for it, then there is no way we'll see it as a launch title.

All in all, i think KOTOR 3 is gonna happen. But the "news" reported from Hedgehog sounds more like wishful thinking and bull**** to me. But ya never know.

why blinker yourself with a set of parameters. its a new game, just accept that your uber strong character is now weak for the purpose of the new game, it shouldnt need some sort of reason.

once again i say the mass defines and the minority denies

*accusing obsidian of heavy handed stupidity is sheer well its not even ignorance its blatant and arrogant stupidity.

Or shut everyone up and make the "true sith" or whatever you're going to fight in the third game so powerful, that starting at lvl 25 or so will be like starting at lvl 1.

Or kill the exile and Revan off in the opening cinema, and start a whole new story. (better of the two choices IMO)

god just grasp the fact that you start a game weak, thats just how it is. if you let that silly little fact annoy you then its your fault your not enjoying the game.

God give me patience ...

Reading this messages makes me covert to any deity that can save me from reading such ... silliness.

Now WERE DID I STATED I WANTED TO START AS LV10?

Lets ignore the fact BG2 started around lv10, lets also ignore that HotU was a sequel to SoU even in terms of level since that was not what I was saying.

What I said was since KotOR ended at lv 20 and TSL ended at lv 30 the part NPCs are too powerful to be used in any sequel, downgrade of level is a stupid anoying thing that always break suspension of belief.

KotOR was not designed for a sequel, KotOR II story was designed for a sequel but with the insane power levels of the end its impossible for a sequel to use the same party members without downgrading the game to power levels that COMPLETLY BREAK THE COMBAT SYSTEM, as pointed out the "epic levels" already screwed up TSL balance system.

the mass defines and the minority denies, tis just how it works

Sounds like Germany 1939-44 ...

drakron.png