what rpgs are on the horizon?

most of the most talked about rpgs seem to be quite a long ways off. games like dragon age and nwn2 wont see the shelves for, at bare minimum, 12 or so months.

i checked a few sites and even though they have games set to be released in either january or february, a good amount of those games have been reported to be somewhat delayed or arent very definite on an actual release date (just stuff like quarter 1, 2005).

anyone know what games are right on the horizon (ie. with january or early to mid february)? ive played vampire: the masquerade-bloodlines. ive played the xbox version of kotor2. any others besides those two?

Jade Empire is the only one I can think of for Xbox.

In theory that should be feb/march.

Lots of RPGs coming up in the UK, but those are late releases from elsewhere rather than actually new.

Jade Empire will be released only for Xbox or will be released for PC too?

PRIUS FLAMMIS COMBUSTA QUAM ARMIS NUMANCIA VICTA

Im pretty shure its Xbox exclusive. Part of the deal Bio did with M$

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Then there only are 2 things to do

1.- Does anyone know a Xbox emulator?

2.- Buy the ******** console <_< .

Thanks for the info Kaftan

U know - FF12 will be out eventually though it probably won't hit europe until sometime next decade (look how long FFX took to cross the Atlantic - almost 6 months!) You either love, hate or feel totally ambiguous towards FF series!

I used to like them but I guess I got tired of the character designs and the "japanese" way of implementing problemsolving/weapon upgrades and so on..

I mean how many times can you play some androgynous bishounen prettyboy and solving riddles/sidequests that requires the official hintbook to even make some kind of sense..

I agree that the games usually have pretty good stories although the implementation is somewhat lacking sometimes..

Dungeon Lords will be released in April. I think.

Project: Snowblind will be released in February. It might be the next Deus Ex.

KotOR2 will be released in February. Of course.

Those are the only ones even slightly close on my gaming horizon.

STALKER is supposed to come in May.. I don't believe it though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Xenosaga II is coming out soon, if you consider that a rpg.

Yay! The PC snobs won't like it, but I've been looking forward to this game for awhile.

Heard some wacky rumor that this game won't have any equipable weapons or armor. Is it true or have I've been too deep in the absinth bottles again?

Not that I'll ever get since the publishers decided to give E.U the finger again and not releasing the first one here to begin with...

Bioware's exclusivity deal with MS would not preclude porting Jade Empire to the PC. if anything, it almost ensures that it will be ported.

Bioware's exclusivity deal with MS would not preclude porting Jade Empire to the PC.  if anything, it almost ensures that it will be ported.

I doubt, looking at were Jade Empire was anounced its a clear bet on Microsoft to enter the huge japanese market.

Of course that does not mean anything, BioWare is a known western developer and I doubt its much know in japan, also Jade Empire from what I seen of Jade Empire its lacks the JRPGs elements and tries to do somethings that might be viewed as a insult ... perhaps to cover losses its made a PC version (were most BioWare market is still located) but I would not count much on it, Microsoft have money to burn and I dont know exactly what kind of contract does BioWare have with then.

drakron.png

What are the rumors on BG3? Obviously it can't be a continuation of BG2 and your original character from all the way back in BG1.

Maybe your original PC's ancestor? Or would it be a prequel type sequel?

I prefer the western based RPGs over the Japanese ones myself. The game mechanics, themes, story and overall feel just seem to make a lot more sense personally to me. I did play FF 4 through 8, FF6 being my favorite, and did enjoy most of it, but after a while I began to feel it was the same thing over and over again. After Fallout and BG I hardly looked back to Japanese console RPGs.

Although I probably would get around to playing any good ones people on the board recommend. When I get the time if ever.

Personally I would like to see an RPG set once again in the Planes, like Torment.

I've been thinking of buying an Xbox... I went to a store today and was amazed at the number of titles on it...

I had always thought it had less than even the gamecube.

If only you knew the power of the Box Side - why would you limit your potential when all the power of the XBOX is there at your disposal? Just give in to the Box Side, Darque....you know you want to.

:x

manthing2.jpg

If only you knew the power of the Box Side - why would you limit your potential when all the power of the XBOX is there at your disposal? Just give in to the Box Side, Darque....you know you want to. 

:x

Forget if jaguars4ever, she is Nintendo, she can't be cured :x

The only FO3 I was looking forward to was Van Buren. I am not overly fond of Bethesda getting the license. After all, Fallout's style and themes are completely different from anything they have made in the past. I doubt they will make anything resembling Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

Dragon Lords and DUngeon Siege 2 look equally as crappy. DL looks like a Diablo wannabe and DS2 will more than likely be as "gripping" as the first screen saver. I hated Gothic 2 so Gothic 3 is something I will not bother with.