The Light, The Dark and the Grey?

Allright it seems that all the new Prestige classes are focussed on either light or dark side characters, but what happens the character is neutral, grey? Are these classes and the quest involved part of the main plot? is there maybe some unrevealed grey class?

Please don't forget the neutrals. :lol:

Allright it seems that all the new Prestige classes are focussed on either light or dark side characters, but what happens the character is neutral, grey? Are these classes and the quest involved part of the main plot? is there maybe some unrevealed grey class?

Please don't forget the neutrals. :(

DS all the way baby yeah :p, dont u think grey is boring as f*ck :lol:

There really is no grey. When I was at about the same point as Jolee Bastila told me how I gave into my baser instincts, or some crap like that and Carth told me that he has seen my cruelty. Even though I was grey they saw something else. But like Nartwak said, there are sides in the SW universe. Even if you are not Imperial bad or Rebellion good you are lackey for Jabba.

Because of the nature of the force, grey would be impossible in the Star Wars universe. That's the whole idea of Star Wars, Anakin was "grey" but the darkside was too powerful and he became a Dark Jedi. That's the very premise of Star Wars, if you have grey characters walking around it kind of defeats everything that was shown on screen.

There really is no grey. When I was at about the same point as Jolee Bastila told me how I gave into my baser instincts, or some crap like that and Carth told me that he has seen my cruelty. Even though I was grey they saw something else. But like Nartwak said, there are sides in the SW universe. Even if you are not Imperial bad or Rebellion good you are lackey for Jabba.

Because of the nature of the force, grey would be impossible in the Star Wars universe.  That's the whole idea of Star Wars, Anakin was "grey" but the darkside was too powerful and he became a Dark Jedi.  That's the very premise of Star Wars, if you have grey characters walking around it kind of defeats everything that was shown on screen.

Agreed. The Light and Dark. Life and Death. Happiness and anger. Peace and chaos. There isn't anything in between. It is possible, but eventually you will come to crossroads... you will have a choice. You can be neutral, but not for long. The only thing that is neutral is the Force.

Light, or Dark. There is no grey.

I suppose that since Force users are divided primarily between two varieties, namely light and dark, you won't have much of a choice. You as a player may be given a wide variety of possible choices you can make, including neutral ones, but eventually we will come to that point in the game where a side must be taken.

Take Oderon for example, you have all three choices as a player. However, the ultiimate decisoin is, will you join the Light or embrace the Dark? It's difficult to have a proper ending when you character doesn't believe in anything except in believing in nothing.

Light, or Dark. There is no grey.

I suppose that since Force users are divided primarily between two varieties, namely light and dark, you won't have much of a choice. You as a player may be given a wide variety of possible choices you can make, including neutral ones, but eventually we will come to that point in the game where a side must be taken.

Take Oderon for example, you have all three choices as a player. However, the ultiimate decisoin is, will you join the Light or embrace the Dark? It's difficult to have a proper ending when you character doesn't believe in anything except in believing in nothing.

Agreed. Ultimately, people like Jolee were not definitely grey as he claims to be.

Agreed. Ultimately, people like Jolee were not definitely grey as he claims to be.

When one says "Light Side" or "Dark Side" it's always taken as an extreme. There are thoes that may follow the light or dark side but simply not to the extreme that is usually thought of when it the names come up.

Jolee wasn't as extreme as others in the Order. Did he fit in the light? More so then the dark yes,but he wasn't your typical Jedi. Which is what I think when someone says "gray" or neutral. He walked a path that he thought was correct without the leash the typical Jedi placed onto themselves. It's not exactly gray but it's not exactly light either.

I think it'd be a little easier to walk that path leaning towards the light then the dark.

To quote a main character from one of my favorite movies "You can't just lump things into two catigories things aren't that simple there are other things you need to take into account here, like the entire spectrum of human emotion."

I believe that sums up my point.

Thank you that is all....

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

When one says "Light Side" or "Dark Side" it's always taken as an extreme. There are thoes that may follow the light or dark side but simply not to the extreme that is usually thought of when it the names come up.

Jolee wasn't as extreme as others in the Order. Did he fit in the light? More so then the dark yes,but he wasn't your typical Jedi. Which is what I think when someone says "gray" or neutral. He walked a path that he thought was correct without the leash the typical Jedi placed onto themselves. It's not exactly gray but it's not exactly light either.

I think it'd be a little easier to walk that path leaning towards the light then the dark.

Agreed. But my point is, no is, or can be, truly and completely neutral.

Would agree that the term neutral doesn't fit well.

Gray fits better IMO. Gray falls between dark and light,you can have a light gray or dark gray,but it's still not the extreme.(Dark or Light.)

Was Jolee neutral? No,he obviously wanted the Republic/Jedi to win over the sith. Could it be argued he wanted that while awile at the same time not himself being light in the extreme since of the word? I think it could.

Indeed, i was not truelly pointing to the Absolute Neatral, but rather to the Slightly Light, and slightly dark characters. who even in Kotor 1 game mechanics were considered grey. but if the prestige classes force you to take a extreme light side or dark side, so game mechanics account one for either light or dark, i won't be to happy.

Would agree that the term neutral doesn't fit well.

Gray fits better IMO. Gray falls between dark and light,you can have a light gray or dark gray,but it's still not the extreme.(Dark or Light.)

Was Jolee neutral? No,he obviously wanted the Republic/Jedi to win over the sith. Could it be argued he wanted that while awile at the same time not himself being light in the extreme since of the word? I think it could.

Sorry for assuming gray and Netral as the same. But yeah, gray is fine.

The only way you can stay truly grey is to not get involved and take no action. Obviously this isn't suited to the game. In terms of SW its possible for people to play as grey, but they always have to make a choice eventually that tips the scales one way or the other.

Whats the point of playing a game where you are either the saviour or conqueror of the galaxy, and not want to get involved, in real life maybe its better to just sit on the fence but come on this is a game! i want to go to the extremes, somthing i cant do normally, it may be the path of choice for some people but i cant understand it myself, it wouldnt reward me in a gaming sense. Yes the ds was a little bit sh*t in the first game but TSL is promising to be loads better and i myself cant wait to see what chaos i can unleash :p;)

Whats the point of playing a game where you are either the saviour or conqueror of the galaxy, and not want to get involved, in real life maybe its better to just sit on the fence but come on this is a game! i want to go to the extremes, somthing i cant do normally, it may be the path of choice for some people but i cant understand it myself, it wouldnt reward me in a gaming sense. Yes the ds was a little bit sh*t in the first game but TSL is promising to be loads better and i myself cant wait to see what chaos i can unleash

I don't the question is to or to not get involved but rather how,when, and for what reason does one get involved. That's where the "gray" comes in. Obsviously in the game you're going to have to get involved to advance to story that's a given. But what I think of myself and what I think others mean by "gray" has more to do with the reason behind doing it and exactly how.

Does one play everything by the book?(light)

Does one do anything needed to get what they want? No matter who gets hurt or dies?For their own needs?(Dark)

Or does one play in between the two?