***SPOILER ALERT*** Wound in the what?

I just finished KOROR II and I must say I am terribly disappointed. There were so many things left unanswered. I played a light side female character.

All the running around drove me crazy. First you need this, then you need to go here and get that. Next you need to take that back to there and get something else. Then you have to enter several other areas, wait through a ton of loading after each, to finally get something that could've been taken care of in half the time and not been so time consuming!!

So the Ebon Hawk smashing into the rocks only to have it mysteriously rising out dust then disappearing into the galaxy? T3 operating again? The exile? HUH?!

As far as the party characters, did I not talk enough to them? I got very little insight on their backgrounds.

All the talk of Revan, I truly hoped to see her/him on Malachor V inviting the Exile to join the battle in the outer rim or something!

I bought the Prima Guide to KOTOR II and am wondering what was up with the poster inside. It LOOKS like Atris is battling Darth Nihulus. Am I wrong? The game disc itself has these two pictured on the artwork as well. Did I miss something somewhere that did not trigger a battle between these two or is the woman in the pictures suppose to represent a white haired, female Exile?

And what about being a wound in the Force? Anyone else think that was kinda' cheesey? This didn't make a lot of sense to me. If the Exile is a "wound" in the Force and the Jedi Masters end up wanting to strip them of if, why did they teach all the "moves" and act as if it's great they're back onboard?

I will say it might be cool to have Revan and the Exile of KOTOR II to join forces in KOTOR III... maybe have the party members from both games searching for them... just a thought.

All the running around drove me crazy.  First you need this, then you need to go here and get that.  Next you need to take that back to there and get something else.  Then you have to enter several other areas, wait through a ton of loading after each, to finally get something that could've been taken care of in half the time and not been so time consuming!!

Welcome to RPG's...

So the Ebon Hawk smashing into the rocks only to have it mysteriously rising out dust then disappearing into the galaxy?  T3 operating again?  The exile?  HUH?!

It's called a rush job.

As far as the party characters, did I not talk enough to them?  I got very little insight on their backgrounds.

Probably so then. If you run through the stream of dialog trees over and over and over and over, sooner or later you'll have the skills required or the influence needed to get them to tell you stuff.

I bought the Prima Guide to KOTOR II and am wondering what was up with the poster inside.  It LOOKS like Atris is battling Darth Nihulus.  Am I wrong?  The game disc itself has these two pictured on the artwork as well.  Did I miss something somewhere that did not trigger a battle between these two or is the woman in the pictures suppose to represent a white haired, female Exile?

It's called marketing. They plastered Nihilus and Atris everywhere. Nihilus ended up have no impact at all, and Atris felt incomplete, but decent enough for the standards set by this game.

And what about being a wound in the Force?  Anyone else think that was kinda' cheesey? This didn't make a lot of sense to me.  If the Exile is a "wound" in the Force and the Jedi Masters end up wanting to strip them of if, why did they teach  all the "moves" and act as if it's great they're back onboard?

Dunno, never play lightside, but the darkside way works better than you described.

Welcome to RPG's...

I did play KOTOR and enjoyed it THOROUGHLY, it didn't seem to have as many redunant "quests". I also found myself checking the storyline a LOT to remember just what the heck I was suppose to be doing. Seemed less in the previous one.

It's called a rush job.

I was afraid fo that.

Probably so then.  If you run through the stream of dialog trees over and over and over and over, sooner or later you'll have the skills required or the influence needed to get them to tell you stuff.

I think I missed a couple... thanks I'll try this the next time around.

It's called marketing.  They plastered Nihilus and Atris everywhere.  Nihilus ended up have no impact at all, and Atris felt incomplete, but decent enough for the standards set by this game.

Nihilus was a major disappointment and I feel the same about Atris.

Dunno, never play lightside, but the darkside way works better than you described.

Works better? Could you elaborate? I've heard a couple people say it didn't seem to matter as much being dark.

Anyone know if Obsidian will be doing KOTOR III?

KotOR I made it easier for you to choose the darkside. Most of the responses were geared towards following the path of the darkside. I think it's the same with KotOR II. It seems as though the majority of interesting and funny responses seem to be of the darkside.

Ya the DS stuff always seem trite, "Give it to me or you're dead."

"O.K. here"

"Too late you're dead anyway."

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I did play KOTOR and enjoyed it THOROUGHLY, it didn't seem to have as many redunant "quests".  I also found myself checking the storyline a LOT to remember just what the heck I was suppose to be doing.  Seemed less in the previous one.

I thought the quests were more unique in this game, they just didn't present anything interesting. Many of them feel very incomplete as well.

I was afraid fo that.

Oddly enough, I never was. I thought since Obsidian had such wonderful work while BIS, that they couldn't possibly FUBAR this game. But low and behold, they did.

I think I missed a couple... thanks I'll try this the next time around.

Pick a few and focus on them, you can't get everyone to fess up without knowing exactly how to use them and for how long.

Nihilus was a major disappointment and I feel the same about Atris.

Yep.

Works better?  Could you elaborate?  I've heard a couple people say it didn't seem to matter as much being dark.

Well, your beef was with the council teaching you stuff and then stripping you of it. When your darkside, they don't teach you anything, you take it from them. It ends up working out a lot better than you described. The story is still a mess, and the last 1/4 of the game is still rushed, but it seems to fit a little better.

Anyone know if Obsidian will be doing KOTOR III?

Hopefully not.

Yes... the ending was rushed and we all know that it was rushed out so some of the quests were unfinished... blah... blah... blah. >_<

Sara... read through some of the older threads and definitly play the game a second or even a third time. That is a great thing about this game... you can play it time and time again and it will be different each time. Next time say that Revan was a DS Male or change your own allignment or sex. Things seem to get clearer the more time you play. :geek:

Yes... the ending was rushed and we all know that it was rushed out so some of the quests were unfinished... blah... blah... blah.  >_<

Sara... read through some of the older threads and definitly play the game a second or even a third time.  That is a great thing about this game... you can play it time and time again and it will be different each time.  Next time say that Revan was a DS Male or change your own allignment or sex.  Things seem to get clearer the more time you play.  :blink:

Plooby is dead on the money Sara,

Trying more options really does make the story fall into place.

My first play through was as a Male Lightside and that honestly was the clearest (for me) regarding the storyline of all the options :)

The Handmaiden, Visas, and Kreia were the 3 characters that really brought the story into the light for me.

Honestly, I can understand females sorta going "huh" as the handmaiden is apart of the atris storyline and atris is important for the over all story.

Still dont understand the folks saying DS is the way to go. As I said in other threads, DS just leaves to many holes in the story that dont add up.

Anyways, to each their own :) Sara play through again as a lightside male and put ALOT of attention to getting to know alll our party NPCs and your questions shall be answered :)

I have this pathology where I can't enjoy playing DS. In KOTOR, it was kinda fun watching my Revan's skin get all crackly and his eyes start to glow, then when you had to kill three of your shipmates I was, like, "Forget this." I never did finish it.

The revenge quest that could propel you toward the Darkside in 2 just doesn't interest me; it seems like a petty reason for an epic struggle. The desire to help people (and by extension the Republic) deal with the ravages of war, while being deeply conflicted in your feelings toward the Council and the outcome of the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil wars is a more interesting storyline to me, especially considering the quandary the Council and Kreia leave you with: Is the Exile, in fact, the source of the problem and a curse to all who would follow him?

I have this pathology where I can't enjoy playing DS. In KOTOR, it was kinda fun watching my Revan's skin get all crackly and his eyes start to glow, then when you had to kill three of your shipmates I was, like, "Forget this." I never did finish it.

The revenge quest that could propel you toward the Darkside in 2 just doesn't interest me; it seems like a petty reason for an epic struggle. The desire to help people (and by extension the Republic) deal with the ravages of war, while being deeply conflicted in your feelings toward the Council and the outcome of the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil wars is a more interesting storyline to me, especially considering the quandary the Council and Kreia leave you with: Is the Exile, in fact, the source of the problem and a curse to all who would follow him?

LOL, I have same problem Obi.

On Onderon I was playing my Evil character and didnt use 2nd open visa for the family in need, when I saw the children running about all scared I had to reload and use the 2nd visa there regardless of alignment (course Visas chewed me out good for doing so).

Just cant get into the darkside of things, really only play it to see what I missed after playing LS completely!

PS, ROFL, np Plooby!

Is the Exile, in fact, the source of the problem and a curse to all who would follow him?

I thought the same and share your views on the storylines as well.

Something that caught my eye today as I went through some things, in the Hidden Tomb when you encounter Revan, I noticed the character standing next to Revan was indeed the exile. I thought it Malak at first.

A thought (though cheesy) would be to have the exile a resurrected Malak. Having Revan and Malak together again in the depths of the sith arena past the Outer Rim might be interesting. I mean, this would go along with the "Revan was aligning forces" thoughts.

(ducks at the groans) lol... :)

Count me in amongst those who have some odd problem playing Darkside. I never thought KotOR 1 worked going DS, since it turned the PC into such a thug. That goes for Malak too. He was a dumb thug, not a convincing or attractive villain at all. This game does better. It's more reasoned and not quite so "cackling psycho killer" as the first. The revenge-on-the-council seems petty, but that's part of being evil, folks. It's hard for supervillians to let stuff go.

Count me in amongst those who have some odd problem playing Darkside. I never thought KotOR 1 worked going DS, since it turned the PC into such a thug. That goes for Malak too. He was a dumb thug, not a convincing or attractive villain at all. This game does better. It's more reasoned and not quite so "cackling psycho killer" as the first. The revenge-on-the-council seems petty, but that's part of being evil, folks. It's hard for supervillians to let stuff go.

You can play KOTOR and be evil, while not acting like a thug...

How was Malak a thug? Unless you're saying the emperor and vader were both thugs, since they both loved the idea of destroying entire worlds and crushing the rebellion. Malak had an unstoppable fleet, and the emperor had the death star. The whole "cackling psycho killer" is merely an optional path, and not the only way to play a dark side one.

The kids run around and scream?  :huh:

I have started the game twice now with the intention of going DS and havne't played past where you get to be T3.  I just can't get up for it.  :p"

not scream but are scared Plooby.

Play it through and you will see what I mean by that, kinda depressing. Click on the 2 kids before you exit Onderon the first time.

So once again "REAL" answer would be yes! Not No.

...On Onderon I was playing my Evil character and didnt use 2nd open visa for the family in need, when I saw the children running about all scared I had to reload and use the 2nd visa there regardless of alignment ...

Ba haha hahaha ha! A Sith Lord with a social conscience! If the other Sith Lords make fun of you because of it, just tell them you saved the children cuz they'll be a much greater challenge to kill when they're grown up.

...On Onderon I was playing my Evil character and didnt use 2nd open visa for the family in need, when I saw the children running about all scared I had to reload and use the 2nd visa there regardless of alignment ...

Ba haha hahaha ha! A Sith Lord with a social conscience! If the other Sith Lords make fun of you because of it, just tell them you saved the children cuz they'll be a much greater challenge to kill when they're grown up.

LOL Obi!

Hey I admit I make a terrible Sith Lord :PPPP

Its actually kinda weird, when I first started playing D&D (P&P) I was drawn to evils, when I started playing MMORPGs 14 years ago I just couldnt be evil as I knew there was a real person on other end of computer (but that didnt stop my in off line games). But over last few years even feel guilty in off line games.

heh, I always used excuse of games designing evils as just mindless, blood thirsty, Drooling morons but KotOR series ruined that excuse! (damn yas anyways).