What game have you wanted more than

Darth Reven

Simple. Fame is buggy. Took 3 installs, and now there's ahost of other problems. Meh. Anyways, those who have the real KOTOR2; enjoy it. :)

I'll go back and play NWN. or heck POR2. At least it works. <>

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Simple. Fame is buggy. Took 3 installs, and now there's  ahost of other problems. Meh. Anyways, those who have the real KOTOR2; enjoy it. :wub:

I'll try really hard not to laugh. Actually go get another copy that one might be hexed :)

Thought you bought an Xbox anyway ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Thought you bought an Xbox anyway ?"

I see someone who didn't read a particular thread all the way down. <>

And, oh, I might return the copy; but it won't be for a new copy if I do.

"Thought you bought an Xbox anyway ?"

I see someone who didn't read a particular thread all the way down. <>

And, oh, I might return the copy; but it won't be for a new copy if I do.

It was only one post when I read it. I was just browsing the JE forums I dont go there a lot.

Deal fall through or something?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Le'ts put it this way, the guy is retarded. <. And, I was retarded to listen to him and waste my time spamming on the forums. LOL

He doens't know the difference between a x-box and PS2...

R00fles!

Le'ts put it this way, the guy is retarded. <. And, I was retarded to listen to him and waste my time spamming on the forums. LOL

He doens't know the difference between a x-box and PS2...

R00fles!

I know a couple of people like that.

Sorry about your game not working anyway. Maybe you can buy it again after it's patched up or something.

478327[/snapback]

Simple. Fame is buggy. Took 3 installs, and now there's  ahost of other problems. Meh. Anyways, those who have the real KOTOR2; enjoy it. :)

maybe a patch will help with those issues. have you posted about them in the pc tech forum?

im getting worried about the pc version now. good thing i held off on picking it up from future shop. :thumbsup:

"maybe a patch will help with those issues. have you posted about them in the pc tech forum?"

Why? It's not gonna help things. You know, you need responses for results to occur. <>

the game I have been looking forward to most was GTA San Andreas, and I was not disappointed

the game I am looking forward to most is World of Warcraft (it is released here today), but I won't be able to play it because I can't afford the time due to studies... <_<

the game I have been looking forward to most was GTA San Andreas, and I was not disappointed

the game I am looking forward to most is World of Warcraft (it is released here today), but I won't be able to play it because I can't afford the time due to studies... <_<

Heh, I've been waiting for the postman to arrive with WoW for the past 5 hours. :lol:

Mine should arrive in T-10 minutes ;)

I went with the Xbox version so I'm not too worried.

This is going to be short because I need to get ready to leave. But I've been playing KOTOR II most of the day and I really cant fault it. Definately happy with the choice of going with the Xbox version.

The character is so similiar to one I played in a SW PnP game it's almost scary. Needless to say it made getting into character really easy :)

It's VERY obvious who was lead designer on this too. The writing style is very distinct.

It's fixed every thing that niggled me about KOTOR. Like on the fly changing on AI , being able to switch weapons without having to dig through the menu every time. The characters also use their special skills a lot more which is nice.

The prologue is also really well done and they have done a great job giving the little guy oodles of character this time around (the T-3 unit).

Might change when I've played some more but so far top marks across the board.

I suspect over crafting will make the game rather easy but most if not all games with crafting require some restraint.

Really glad I didnt go dual weapons for a certain individual. I thought about it for a while though :geek:

478327[/snapback]

Once upon a time there was a game developing company called Looking Glass Studios. This company was much loved by both it's fans and it's workers. LGS was one of those pioneer-companies, threading through un-trekked grounds of new game concepts and in the process put out some of the most memorable games ever. Such as, Terra Nova, Ultima Underworld, System Shock, THIEF. Then there was a little boy, only 11 years old who was instantly stunned by the sheer genious of the Thief Series. He woved to be a supporter and a fan for LGS forever.

Then came the end. Looking Glass was just putting the finishing touches to the gold edition of one of their best games, Thief 2. They never had the time to finish it, as their publisher, Eidos closed the studio, giving their support to the recently well-doing Ion Storm Dallas, in hopes to get the most hyped after PC-game, Daikatana ready. Ion Storm flourished, LGS died. Most of the fans were dumbstruck as their flagship of hope sunk down. The little boy almost cried. There would be no more Thiefs.

Then, two yeasr or so later, a shard of hope struck the long-forgotten chords of hope in the souls of LGS-fans. System Shock 2 had been a blast, but there was the sub-group of fans, including the little boy, yearning after more adventures in the semi-steampunkish world of Thief. They were not forgotten, as the Thief series were given green light: Development of Thief 3 was given to Ion Storm Austin. Daikatana had been a let-down, but Deus Ex had bombed, so it came as no-surprise that the gaming community was ready for a new intelligent FPS.

Years went by, and the little boy wasn't so little anymore. Thief 3 had been in development well over 3 years now, and screenshots had been starting to surface, showing a clever use of shadows, and a thing which would ultimately be the game's let-down: Console-compatibility. Many fans moaned in loathing, as the more and more news of new "features" came up. Swimming, rope-arrows, steampunk-robots; all of these were missing. With their loss came the new, very-gamey-like additions. Many were convinced that the Ion Stormers, many of whom were old-LGS-members, were sellouts. Not the little boy. A wov was a wov.

Then came the day when the little boy finally got the long-waited successor of the sneaker-series. It bombed. It rocked. It scared the crap out of the boy. It wasn't a let-down, but the boy still put it away and returned to the old Thief's. Why? Too much hype, too many spoilers, too little replayability. And no Thief3ED. The boy was a little sad, as Ion Storm flew out of the door. By the same reason as LGS: Too small commercial success. Eidos was a rough publisher. Sparks of hope still lingered, though. Maybe there would still be an editor for Thief 3? The little boy could only hope.

Thankfully, LGS's legacy lives on in the form of Irrational, Floodgate and Rust Monkey.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

This is probably blashphemy but I'll say it anyway:

Planescape: Torment. It wasn't bad, but it fell below my inflated expectations. A lot of people seem to think the story was awesome, but I thought it was only okay. Plus it killed my disk drive.

Morrowind- I don't get the hype. The game was buggy as heck. The XBox version didn't work well either. It had good points, but it gets way too much credit IMO.

Black and White - stupid puzzle game.

X-Com sequels.

Suikoden 3.

the new Pirates! - I think I liked the old version better.

Final Fantasy VII - not truly bad, but it was the sequel to VI.

Lionheart - If you played it, you don't need an explanation.

This is probably blashphemy but I'll say it anyway:

Planescape: Torment. It wasn't bad, but it fell below my inflated expectations. A lot of people seem to think the story was awesome, but I thought it was only okay. Plus it killed my disk drive.

I have to agree. I uninstalled it after about 3 hours. While I like the story (the conversation with TNO's dead lover was one the creepiest game moments ever, especially at 3 in the morning), the combat was infuriating for me and I hated it so much I stopped playing.

I was also really disappointed in Age of Wonders 2. I loved the first one soooo much, and I think the developers just tried to do too much in the sequel; especially with the graphics, which were just muddied and difficult to see units. The "Shadow Magic" version made up for it a little, but I felt betrayed, as it came out just a year later. It felt like a bad DVD double-dipping effort by a movie studio.

Eidos closed the studio

I know what you are saying, System Shock 2 is my favourite game ... but these are the facts.

Reasons for the Fall: A Post-Mortem On Looking Glass Studios

Peace out.

I've read the post-mortem in some form or another. Proud member of Through the Looking Glass...

Thanks anyway. Admiration or idolization isn't a big enough word for my feelings for LGS. Long live their legacy.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds