What game have you wanted more than

Darth Reven

Recently, I'd have to jump on the Fable bandwagon. After a few hours I it didn't matter that I could do "anything" I didn't care about what would happen next.

In the past, every Mega Man after the third one. Stopped paying attention once they got the X stuff. As a kid played Mega Man 2 and 3 so much I could beat them in one sitting, but then they made the same game over and over. And a Mega Man imitation Final Fantasy? It just breaks my heart.

They need to revialize Mega Man like they did Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia, and like I hear they're going to do with the Legend of Zelda. Not that the recent Zelda's are bad, just aimed at middle school kids. They should let these series grow up with the people who are playing them. The young 'uns can get their own IP's.

My most look forward to game in a long time is KOTOR 2. But after the delay (for PC) I stopped coming to the site and my desire to play it slowly faded. I'm still looking forward to it though.

Hardest game goes to a lot of those old nintendo games. Elevator action was extremely hard. Anyone get far in that game? Spy Hunter NES. Super Ghouls and Ghosts for the super nintendo also was hard. As gaming got more mainstream the challenge in them has not been what it used to be.

The most difficult game I've ever played must be Army Moves on my old Commodore 64. I don't think I ever cleared the first level!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Right now? MGS 3: Snake Eater.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

...biggest disappointment:

Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

...I couldna wait fer it ta hit the shelves; it was gonna 'ave all the tools that were gonna make it inta the greatest cRPG e'er made (an' after the sheer brilliance o' BG, how could ya doubt it???)...damn near brought me ta tears how poorly BG was followed up... :p

...biggest (good) surprise was actually a tie:

Planescape: Torment

...what can I say that I ain't said 'afore; was simply enthrolled wit' it an' still am... :)

AND

Vagrant Story

...was expectin' a FF ripoff...what I got was a console RPG that kept me glued ta the Playstaion fer days on end (e'en called in sick fer work...two days in a row :p )...how pathetic, eh???... :p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

As a citizen of the EU who can't be ****d to get a modded xbox, i have to say i agree with KOTOR II as the most recent game i desperately wanted to play.

All time most anticipated game for me was PS:T, i can't even remember how i knew about it pre-release but i just read about the premise behind it and knew i would love it. And guess what

I still do love it, in fact my copy and i are due to be married on wednesday in an attempt to fill in the time before KOTOR II anyone fancy being a witness?

:p

Fable - I was so stoked for this game, then i got to work on it. What a total failure of an RPG.

Halo 2 - The first level is awesome, with me and other marines fighting to save earth...then all of a sudden i'm on another Halo. WTF? Alot of hype for the same game over again. And the ending sucked.

The Getaway - So many people told me how great this game was, but when i got my hands on it the horrid controls and lackluster camera instantly killed whatever desire i had to play it.

NWN - it's OC was a tutorial for the toolset...no thanks. The tilesets and the dynamic lighting made everything look bland and boring.

Temple of Elemental Evil - Bugs, Bugs, and more Bugs. This could have been a great RPG, but it's sheer level of broken-ness just made it too much of a hassle.

BUt just to be positive, here's some games i looked forward to and was NOT dissappointed when i played them.

Knights of the old republic 2

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Half-Life 2

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

And here's some games that i never heard about till i played, then loved them:

UFO: Aftermath

Katumari Damacy

The Suffering

Gee, it must be really hard to guess which game (or lack thereof) I was most disappointed with.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Thou Shalt Not Take His Name in Vane...

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

High hopes resulting in despair:

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

This game sucked - it was graphically unimpressive, the storyline was nil, and it was buggy as all get out.

Dungeon Siege

Boring! Diablo II was much more compelling, which is saying a lot.

Sacrifice

Just not fun. The interface was awkward, and I wasn't interested enough to keep playing until I could figure it out better.

Quest for Glory 5

I loved the third and the fourth in the series, but the developers seriously dropped the ball with the fifth. It was supposed to be so much more than it was, and you could tell.

Most difficult games ever:

Ghosts & Goblins on the NES

This game is almost impossible. Even playing it on an emulator where you can freeze the game state and play over and over again, it still is possible you'll give up in frustration before making it to the end. Super Ghouls & Ghosts was a cakewalk in comparison. Nevertheless, one of the most interesting platform games of its kind, and it featured possibly the best music for an NES game.

The original Castlevania on the NES

A bit easier than G&G, but still... if the Grim Reaper didn't get you, Drac's level would.

---------

Re. BG:

BG was a bit of a disappointment due to insanely irritating pathing problems (remember the kobold lair under the bridge?). The multiplayer option was a total fiasco when it was first released (though admittedly, J.E., your computer at that point was a little on the old side...).

"What was it about BG that was so disappointing?"

I think i can answer this to a deghree as its Mr. Sawyer has brough tit up before. He was dissapointed about all the rule changes that was amde from 2E - espicially the ones that weren't documented in the manual. <> I rmemeber that was his biggest beef with it..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Baldurs Gate had a fairly easy ride because it was a bit like finding an oasis as you were about to die of thirst.

A lot of people hated it for going real time but it worked anyway.

KOTOR II should arrive in tommorows first post so I am looking forward to it now. I'm pretty much immune to the waiting till a day or two before then it starts to hurt :devil:

Then I have about 10 hours to get it out of my system before going up to the Isle if Skye for the week.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Heh. If Josh didn't like BG1 because of its piss-poor implementation of AD&D rules, then he is even nitpickier than I am.

I loved BG1, and I thought it was lightyears ahead of IPLY's previous RPG offerings (Menzoberranzan and Stonekeep, both of which I liked).