What game have you wanted more than

Darth Reven

BTW, anyone tried Hardee's Monster Thickburger yet?  I had to try one just to thumb my nose at all the obesity claims and whatnot, and it was reeeelllly good.

they are called Carl's Jr. out here and no, i haven't had one yet. i eat CJ at least once a month so maybe today is my "thickburger" experience? :blink: they do not disappoint me. however, speaking of fast food derailments, why don't we (colorado springs) have a jack in the box or a white castle. that disappoints me.

taks

Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor, Temple of Elemental Evil and NWN were all major disappointments for me (my on-topic bit).

comrade taks... just because.

The game I've wanted more than anything is one I'll never see... Jefferson, aka The Black Hound.  Sawyer's vision of that game made me weep with anticipation.  Interplay's scrapping of it just plain made me weep.

You weep a lot, huh?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

However Starcraft going TB doesn't make much sense because it's a RTS (as in Real Time). It's as if you propose they did Half-Life 3 turn based. However Fallout is a CRPG and there are examples of CRPGs with a RT based combat. So as long as they manage to make combat fun an balanced, anything goes for me.

Yes, but to go back to my SC example, there are plenty of examples of TB strategy games. RTS and TBS play different and have a very different feel. So you can't really imagine making SC TB.

Which is of course my point.

To say, well other RPGs are RT so FO can be too, is too say other Strategy games are TB so SC can be too. At least, in my eyes.

You CAN switch both games over, but it changes what they are.

Biggest disappoinments...

CRPG : Jefferson's cancellation

Shooter : HL2, specifically STEAM ( never again )

But most of all :

Cancellation of Sierra's Babylon-5 Space Sim.

I've never forgiven those SOBs for that one...

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

XCOM TFTD and the crappy 3rd one!

Hong Kong Phooey 3: Bad Dog (After the awesome marvel that was HKP2: BotD a real disappointment!)

Fallout 2!!!!!!

Chicken McNuggets after the resent obesity furore (I'm not fat - I'm 6'4 and weigh 12 stone ffs! Bloody Fat Bastards ruining my calorie intake! Have to get my salt fix from drinking copious amounts of Sea water now!)

• 2 weeks later...
:)  What the... ?

A bug ridden pile o' crap that was released prematurely, lacked originality (after Fallout it claimed so much and delivered less than the first), had no storyline or cohesion (can anyone really say that they gave a f*ck about the villagers after they got abducted?) and was just shallow as hell. I felt no sense of association or loyalty at all to any of the towns (though Reno was pretty fun with the Bishop women...:devil:).

Even BG2 was mildly disappointing as it had a far weaker storyline than the first and far less exploration and freedom too. BG ranks as one of my favourite games cos you could get sidetracked, explore vast open areas, dungeon maps like Firewine and generally achieve far greater flexibility. There were more varied party members available too who despite their dialogue shortcomings were nevertheless able to provide an interesting variety of personality and loyalty variables. When they started importing all the characters haphazardly into BG2 they forgot my favourite - what the hell happened to Shar' Teel?

I suppose another one that deserves special mention is B&W. I had such high hopes for this one and on the first island I thought it rocked. After that though it all went downhill and became frustrating as hell - on one map I got so irritated with a village that I levelled it entirely - I could never get my influence anywhere near high enough to reach any of the villages beyond despite everything I tried! As for the final level and the battle against Nemesis - they screw your creature give you bollox all resources and generally leave you stranded in a position from which expansion is near impossible - I gave up after 30mins started deleting the save files left, right and centre (within the game not the directory) - those that survived were all corrupted so regardless of map my creature was the evil knee high midget he becomes on the final map - the game is f*cked. Nevertheless, I am hoping that B&W2 will be much better without the bloody limits to influence - I'm hoping that only enemy towns might be off limits giving far greater god like flexibility in movement alone. I have high hopes for B&W2. Watch this space - if I am disappointed it will likely receive a torrent of abuse on this thread!

hmm I remember playing Freespace 1 .. then 2 came out and it was the best game I ever played (back then), ended in a TOTAL cliffhanger .. but a third was never made .. that was the darkest day in gaming for me .. I still have scars on my soul .. :devil:

the story was so great, but it was like Star Wars without "Return of the Jedi" to finish the saga .. even if it had been crappy it should still be there!

Fortune favors the bald.

Star Wars Galaxies.

I paid international shipping just to get my hands on a copy and it was the most boring game I have ever played.

Double Dragon 3 for the NES

Double Dragon 2 was a masterpiece, so I was looking forward to getting my hands on DD3. Man they messed that one up big time. You couldn't even do the cyclone kick while moving like DD2. You had to stand still and jump. I beat it anyways.

To change the subject a little, what was the hardest game you have ever played?

Mine is the very first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for the NES. Man that game is hard. I never was able to get to the end battle. All my turtles died during the last level. Has anyone beaten that game?

probaly the funnest game I've ever owned was NBA Live 95. My friend Scott and I would have these unbelievable games where we would "draft" all the greatest players of all time and end up with a score something like 188- 184 in 5min quarters. I have to thank Larry Bird and Oscar Robertson for many a win.

The worse game I've ever bought was probaly Morrowind. A friend of mine really "sold" me on this game, and I found it to be really really really boring

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'm really looking forward to NWN2 and D&D Online. It's going to be a good pair of games to have take over my life.

Autumn, my wife, if you are reading this. Prepair yourself for what the future will bring. Muah ha ha ha ha!

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

Mine is the very first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for the NES. Man that game is hard. I never was able to get to the end battle. All my turtles died during the last level. Has anyone beaten that game?

In all my gaming years, I never beat Super Mario Brothers. I've beaten every one but the first one. Though, I've only played it when I was littler, I always got bored by level 8. I hated doing the warps. I'd get to level 6 or 7 (forget which one was my favorite... the snowy night ones). After that, I'd shoot ducks. That probably explains a lot now.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

In all my gaming years, I never beat Super Mario Brothers. I've beaten every one but the first one. Though, I've only played it when I was littler, I always got bored by level 8. I hated doing the warps. I'd get to level 6 or 7 (forget which one was my favorite... the snowy night ones). After that, I'd shoot ducks. That probably explains a lot now.

Mine has to Dragon Crystal - man, was it even possible to beat that thing?

Oh, and the new Ninja Gaiden isn't exactly a cakewalk either.

manthing2.jpg

:wub:  What the... ?

A bug ridden pile o' crap that was released prematurely, lacked originality (after Fallout it claimed so much and delivered less than the first), had no storyline or cohesion (can anyone really say that they gave a f*ck about the villagers after they got abducted?) and was just shallow as hell. I felt no sense of association or loyalty at all to any of the towns (though Reno was pretty fun with the Bishop women...:o).

To me fallout 2 was better than fallout after couple of patches. It had lot

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

hmm I remember playing Freespace 1 .. then 2 came out and it was the best game I ever played (back then), ended in a TOTAL cliffhanger .. but a third was never made .. that was the darkest day in gaming for me .. I still have scars on my soul .. :o

the story was so great, but it was like Star Wars without "Return of the Jedi" to finish the saga .. even if it had been crappy it should still be there!

Freespace 2, *sigh* I played it through so many times. I have a "thing" for space sims. Tie fighter and X-wing were really good games as well. Ah, I remember playing x-wing with 286... It was painfull. :wub:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Freespace 2, *sigh* I played it through so many times. I have a "thing" for space sims. Tie fighter and X-wing were really good games as well. Ah, I remember playing x-wing with 286... It was painfull.  :wub:

Heh, painful you say? Try wing commander 3 on a 386. 40 minute load times for the movie cinematics. Now that was... entertainging. Good old days. :o

Being a hopeless BG junkie, BG3 is the game I have most looked forward to so naturally I was very disappointed when it vanished, especially when it was shaping up to be so damn good!

The biggest disappointment of a game I actually got to play was probably The Curse of Monkey Island. It was kind of an underlying thing where I kept waiting for the game to get better and it never did, but it was ok I guess just not a real Monkey Island game. I'm usually quite easy to please, it takes a lot for a game to really fail miserably for me.

Edit - I'll probably get flamed for this but I was pretty underwhelmed by Shogun - Total War, I had a lot of trouble even finishing the tutorial. I'm sure for a strategy buff its a dream come true but I couldn't get involved enough to persevere once things got difficult.

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

^ no flaming .. but I absolutely adored that game (still play it regularly) .. Shogun was the best strategy game of it's time imo .. simple because the level of control!

but I know what you mean, it had to play on easy for a long time before I could even survive for more than 20 minutes! :D

and I remember Bg3 was quite a blow as well .. but Freespace .. I can still feel sad when I think back .. :devil:

Fortune favors the bald.