What game have you wanted more than

Darth Reven

NWN. I Bought it on the day of release and was terribly disappointed with it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Black Hound, also known as The Jefferson Project and, later, BG3. It was being produced by BIS before it was canceled. The game looked as if it would be the perfect CRPG. I especially liked J.E.'s plan of including a glossary/dictionary to explain terms and concepts that the PC would know but the player might not (thus avoiding the common "innocent farmboy" syndrom of much fantasy, both fiction and game). I was devastated by its cancellation, and quit going to the Interplay boards afterwards. I wrote a petition to WotC and Atari that they relent and allow Jefferson to be completed, but to no avail. I still hope that one day J.E. will be able to implement his design ideas in a fantasy CRPG, as I felt that many of his decisions were a needed breath of fresh air in the CRPG industry.

Games I really looked forward to, but failed miserably:

From top of my head...

• Master of Orion 3 (where is my flail, I need to flog myself again)
  • Lords of Midnight 3 (how could they do that after Lords of Midnight and Doomdarks Revenge ???)
  • Carmageddon 2 (whats with suddenly putting time critical showstoppers in the game ???)

Doesn't include games that were just plain disappointing, as I might not have looked forward to them the same way as I did the above :devil:

Now, I've stopped to really look forward to games, I just watch, read and occasionally get a nice game.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The game I want more than anything else right now is NWN2. Heck, I'm already making design documents with a buddy for our mod for it.

I better not be disappointed :ph34r:

As for already released games, I second Servant of Eru in both aspects. The nicest thing is that the best is yet to come for that game :wub:

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Kotor 3 :devil:"

Hopefully I won't have to get a new system or computer to play it

NWN2 :wub:

Lets hope theres no pressure to release it early, we've already seen the folly in that

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Suikoden 3. I haven't wanted a game that bad in years. I was a tad disappointed that it wasn't as good as Suikoden 2, but I was satisfied that it was leagues ahead of Suikoden 1.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Can't realy think of any. I was disapointed when TORN was canceled as that was the first time I had seen it happen first hand.

After that I took a much more pragmatic approach so BG 3/ FO 3 etc were not disapointing.

You could cancel anything with the possible exception of FFXII and I wouldnt feel particularly bad about it personally.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I remember hoping that Deus Ex: Invisible War would be as good as Deus Ex, but I kind of followed the development of that title so I wasn't too surprised when it turned out to be crap.

But I really want another game in the same style as Deus Ex and equally good.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Can't realy think of any. I was disapointed when TORN was canceled as that was the first time I had seen it happen first hand.

The reason why I started to go to black isle boards was TORN. Special system with mages what more could a man ask. :D

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Sometimes I wonder if the developers actually play their games before release.

Well, lately it seems they barely have time to do the beta testing so... no. <_<

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It was both NWN and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Neverwinter Nights for after playing BG1 and BG2, NWN was a major disappointment.  ToEE for all the bugs and issues it had and the fact there were parts of the game that made no sense whatsoever.

I finally bought TOEE today. And got a another copy of NwN in the same package. No wonder that game has inflated sales its packaged with everything Atari related.

Considering I paid about the same as a McDonalds for both I doubt I will be too disapointed.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

It was both NWN and Temple of Elemental Evil.

Neverwinter Nights for after playing BG1 and BG2, NWN was a major disappointment.  ToEE for all the bugs and issues it had and the fact there were parts of the game that made no sense whatsoever.

I finally bought TOEE today. And got a another copy of NwN in the same package. No wonder that game has inflated sales its packaged with everything Atari related.

Considering I paid about the same as a McDonalds for both I doubt I will be too disapointed.

Wait untill you fire up that black hole that sucks all the joy for life out of you.. (that's ToEE if you were wondering) :)

McDonald's used to be fair as far as fast food goes. Now, though, it'll cost you over $5 for a Big Mac extra value meal, the meat in the Big Mac is smaller than the patty in a regular hamburger, and all of it tastes like crap. Plus, they changed their fry oil, so the fries don't taste right anymore. I no longer go to McDonald's at all (not that I ever went much).

BTW, anyone tried Hardee's Monster Thickburger yet? I had to try one just to thumb my nose at all the obesity claims and whatnot, and it was reeeelllly good.

Sorry...

MGS2. I was expecting a continuation of the story from MGS1, with some resolution to the FoxDie situation and Snake eventually having to confront President Sears (Solidus Snake). Instead I get a fragmented story where the most Snake I could squeeze in was 2 hours worth, and then I get an androgyeous whiner and ridiculously complex conspiracy theory (word of warning to all writers out there: the more complex a conspiracy, the less probable that it becomes). Furthermore, the second "half" of the game was a straight copy gameplay-wise of the previous game, with no real innovation. I bought a PS2 for that game, and had waited months upon months for it, and was so disappointed that I nearly swore off any MG game from then on. Thankfully, MGS3, though not as good as MGS1, was infinitely better than the horror which was SoL.