Does charisma do anything at all?

i have very low charisma characters, and even after item boosting don't go above 15 or so...

i haven't noticed any bonuses to my npcs hitting things, or reduced cost in using opposite alignment powers...

anyone have a high charisma character who's getting bonuses?

looks like another game bug, but wanted to see if anyone has noticed bonuses before posting on the technical support forum. :)

oh yeah...try force body...its obviously going to work best with a lightside guardian with low wis using darkside powers, but it really works well with a lightside consular with indecently high con... :p

The reduced Force Powe opposed alignment cost is pre-factored in; it doesn't show up on the force powerr cost calculations or the 'adjusted' force power chart under the power tab. But it is there and active.

As for the party member NPC BaB bonus: That only shows up in their attack ombat feedback calculations, not on their stat 'to hit' screen.

manthing2.jpg

The reduced Force Powe opposed alignment cost is pre-factored in; it doesn't show up on the force powerr cost calculations or the 'adjusted' force power chart under the power tab.  But it is there and active. 

As for the party member NPC BaB bonus: That only shows up in their attack ombat feedback calculations, not on their stat 'to hit' screen.

Charisma also helps get more conversation options (in adjunction with persuation) if I remember correctly :p

I always tried to have a 16-18 charisma myself

The reduced Force Powe opposed alignment cost is pre-factored in; it doesn't show up on the force powerr cost calculations or the 'adjusted' force power chart under the power tab.  But it is there and active. 

Charisma also helps get more conversation options (in adjunction with persuation) if I remember correctly :p

I always tried to have a 16-18 charisma myself

Oh, and it also helps tug your party members closer to your alignment. :)

manthing2.jpg

Oh, and it also helps tug your party members closer to your alignment.

That is if the influence system actually works.

From what I have heard from US XBox users on these forums, it has been implemented wrong. Something about no matter what you do, they stick to their alignment. This might just be because of low charisma, or Obsidian did screw influence, for whatever reason.

I just hope it works in some way for the PC version.

Oh, and it also helps tug your party members closer to your alignment.

That is if the influence system actually works.

From what I have heard from US XBox users on these forums, it has been implemented wrong. Something about no matter what you do, they stick to their alignment. This might just be because of low charisma, or Obsidian did screw influence, for whatever reason.

I just hope it works in some way for the PC version.

Yes but you must remember some people on these forums and wangmungers :wacko:

The influence system does work, however needs altering for the next game.

The bug people whine about isnt really that bigger deal.

I played with a very high Charisma and I had Visas, Atton, Bao Dur, Mira and Disciple all getting "shooting stars" on the Light Side chart... and I could use the DS powers (which are very fun!) without paying a big penalty.

I think I know which attribute I am maxing out on!

I played with a very high Charisma and I had Visas, Atton, Bao Dur, Mira and Disciple all getting "shooting stars" on the Light Side chart... and I could use the DS powers (which are very fun!) without paying a big penalty.

I think I know which attribute I am maxing out on!

It also adds modifiers to your Force Powers and increases Force Points gained per level retroactively.

:rolleyes:

manthing2.jpg

I always have high charisma, mainly from a role playing view since I'm supposed to be a great leader. Oh and it's great for force powers opposite your alignment. I always go  Heal and force storm no matter if am ls or ds :-

hmmm

So you roleplay your character per his "leadership", but you don't roleplay them per the force powers of light/dark? Interesting... :ph34r:

I always have high charisma, mainly from a role playing view since I'm supposed to be a great leader. Oh and it's great for force powers opposite your alignment. I always go  Heal and force storm no matter if am ls or ds :p

hmmm

So you roleplay your character per his "leadership", but you don't roleplay them per the force powers of light/dark? Interesting... :ph34r:

You beat me to it.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I always have high charisma, mainly from a role playing view since I'm supposed to be a great leader. Oh and it's great for force powers opposite your alignment. I always go  Heal and force storm no matter if am ls or ds :p

hmmm

i tend to do the opposite. when i use a lightside character i tend to "roleplay" that alignment and only choose lightside powers. vice versa with darkside characters.

i tend to do the opposite. when i use a lightside character i tend to "roleplay" that alignment and only choose lightside powers. vice versa with darkside characters.

Me to, but i've convinced myself it's ok to use choke as ls since luke "appeared" to use it on two gamorreans in episode 6 :p

well...

i probably won't put any points in charisma...

the only part i'm interested in is the force cost reduction..

and force body is unbelievably cheesy...

i've cast like 4 force storms fully lightside and spent less than 70 points...

you then cast master heal right away, before the force body runs out, and you get back 40-80 vitality points, which completely cancels the vitality cost... :(:devil::devil:

can someone please tell me how much charisma i need for major reductions in force costs?

:p

well...

i probably won't put any points in charisma...

the only part i'm interested in is the force cost reduction..

and force body is unbelievably cheesy...

i've cast like 4 force storms fully lightside and spent less than 70 points...

you then cast master heal right away, before the force body runs out, and you get back 40-80 vitality points, which completely cancels the vitality cost... :

Sounds like a good tactic. :thumbsup:

can someone please tell me how much charisma i need for major reductions in force costs?

Every even integer increase in Charisma will result in opposed force point reduction. That is, everytime the charisma modifers goes up, opposite aligned force powers get cheaper.

:)

manthing2.jpg

Me to, but i've convinced myself it's ok to use choke as ls since luke "appeared" to use it on two gamorreans in episode 6  :thumbsup:

haha i do that as well. i pick one force power that is "opposite" from whatever my alignment is as my way of roleplaying "temptation". for instance, ill have maybe first level force shock, or force choke as my sole darkside power to roleplay that as my lightside characters temptation to fall to the darkside. vice versa, ill pick force stun or something as my darkside characters one sole "stun rather than kill" power.

destroy droid looks very similar to force lightnight, but i think the reason why its not a darkside power is the fact that droids arent considered "living", so just like a jedi using a power against water or against a stone brick isnt darkside, neither is anything against a droid.

Still not convinced, i would like to see a new effect more like fear or some such. The whole lighting thing is just to aggresive an act for me, for it to feel right :thumbsup:

I always have high charisma, mainly from a role playing view since I'm supposed to be a great leader. Oh and it's great for force powers opposite your alignment. I always go  Heal and force storm no matter if am ls or ds :devil:

hmmm

You got me there :ph34r:

But since you are playing a character that hasn't always been good, it's not a far stretch to say you have knowledge of both light and dark powers is it? And what's wrong with using force powers of opposite alignment? Can't see way a dark side player shouldn

destroy droid looks very similar to force lightnight, but i think the reason why its not a darkside power is the fact that droids arent considered "living", so just like a jedi using a power against water or against a stone brick isnt darkside, neither is anything against a droid.

Still not convinced, i would like to see a new effect more like fear or some such. The whole lighting thing is just to aggresive an act for me, for it to feel right :devil:

Plus, once you get off Peragus, that tree of force powers is pretty much redundent.

manthing2.jpg

Still not convinced, i would like to see a new effect more like fear or some such. The whole lighting thing is just to aggresive an act for me, for it to feel right :devil:

Plus, once you get off Peragus, that tree of force powers is pretty much redundent.

its useful on go-tos yaght (sp?)