load screen freezes

Hi ya all. I don't mean to complain, but I've been having a really obnoxious problem with this game. Specifically with the loading screen.

The very first loading screen I had froze on me when the bar was about 1/3 of the way blue. I waited, and waited for about 8 minutes. nothing. After five restarts it loaded and I got to play. This was a sign of things to come for, as since then I've had this problem repeatedly over and over and over.

It even freezes on the "Obsidian Entertainment" screen before I get to the main menu sometimes. I was wondering if any of you have had this problem.

It could be my xbox I suppose since it is a couple years old, but I've played many other games on it all the time and I've never had this problem on them. It is so driving me insane. I love kotor 2, and despite the constant freezing I still keep trying to play... but I don't think I'm ever going to replay this game when I finally beat it. And that is a shame, because I really would like to try and do some of the stuff I missed or messed up. Like training the handmaiden. :)

The worst is when you have one of those obnoxious blocks of cut scenes when you enter the Ebon Hawk (especially if you stay off her for too long a period of time). there is the loading screen for entering the ship, the loading screen for the cutscene, the loading screen for the next cutscene, and then the loading screen for the ship again. If any one of these mess up you need to restart the game and go through all of it again. I love to know that Atris is upset with me and some of my characters don't get along, but I don't like to see it over and over. :p

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

edit addition: oh, and the best part about this problem of mine is how desperate it makes me realize I am for entertainment. :p I tried for thirty minutes to get it to finish loading in the worst case of this. I had to play though. hehe. This game is too fun to resist.

But a lot of people ARE having this problem.

define "a lot". ive only seen about 10 forumers complain about this on a consistent basis. yet everytime someone complains they like to say "everyone" is having this problem. thats simply not true.

OK, point taken. According to a poll in this forum, last I saw there were 66 people out of 160 or so that took the poll that were having this issue. Now I realize that people having problems are going to be more prone to take (or even to find) the poll than people not having problems. But from my point of view, any people having this problem is too many. This sort of thing should be caught and fixed in QA.

And you also must understand the level of frustration that comes along with the problem. I'm a huge fan of the devs past work and I was so excited to play this game, but now I'm having frustrating bugs just like I did with Fallout 2. And this time, I can't do anything because I bought the game for Xbox, not PC. Just wish someone could tell me what I can do to not get frozen loading screens anymore.