Training jedi

I'm hoping that I haven't messed up here, but I'm not sure. :) Can you train more then one character into jedihood?

I'm just curious because I made Atton a jedi after his creepy "I eat jedi for lunch" speech, if only because I was afraid that if I didn't he'd kill me.

However, my dream had been to make the handmaiden a jedi as well. I beat her in all three fights, and then I finally got her to agree to be my student... but she wanted to take some time to think about it. I said "you made the right decision. you'll see" and have never gotten the option to train her since then.

It is so frustrating. Did I make a wrong decision at the end of the conversation, or was my wrong decision getting scared by wee Atton when he started inching towards me growling? :p

In my last game I turned Atton, Bao-dur, Mira and Handmaiden all into Jedi, so it is possible to have more than one.

As for Handmaiden, you have to train here then and there because if you select the 'think about it later' option, you're basically screwed. I suggest you re-load to an earlier save if you want to try it again. :)

manthing2.jpg

From what I've read, you can only really influence him by letting him see you do good deeds. So, he needs to be in your party a lot. :p There is a guide on gamespot that talks about it. Not many conversation options (and eventually no conversation options at all other then "never mind" :) ) that can make him want a laser blade.

Never tried to train him myself. I kept Handmaiden in my team so she would see how great I was and want to train, and then... lol. :)

edit: ugh, too many smiles. I need to sleep.

Bao Dur doesn't even talk! How can you influence him if he doesn't talk!?!?!?

If you praise him on his mechanical prowess on 'technical quests', you can gain influence. i.e repairing the swoop bike on Nar Shadaa or finding the hidden contents of the atmospherical sensors on Dantooine etc.

Also, as someone previously mentioned, acts of charity and benevolence will aid in influence gain. :-

manthing2.jpg

As for Handmaiden, you have to train here then and there because if you select the 'think about it later' option, you're basically screwed.  I suggest you re-load to an earlier save if you want to try it again.  >_<

I elected the think about it option and after more experience and some more dialog, I was able to train the handmaiden. I was a lightsider at the time, so that may have had a little something to do with my success. I usually train Bao-Dur on Dantooine after finding the atmospheric sensors. I train Atton on Nar Shadaa before I meet Mira. I train Mira on Nar Shadaa after I destroy G0-T0's yacht.

I'm hoping that I haven't messed up here, but I'm not sure. :) Can you train more then one character into jedihood?

I'm just curious because I made Atton a jedi after his creepy "I eat jedi for lunch" speech, if only because I was afraid that if I didn't he'd kill me. 

However, my dream had been to make the handmaiden a jedi as well. I beat her in all three fights, and then I finally got her to agree to be my student... but she wanted to take some time to think about it. I said "you made the right decision. you'll see" and have never gotten the option to train her since then. 

It is so frustrating. Did I make a wrong decision at the end of the conversation, or was my wrong decision getting scared by wee Atton when he started inching towards me growling? :p

You have to talk to Kriea for her to learn about her mother, then go back to handmaiden and talk to her about it ...

I beat the game 4 times and I always love training her whether light side or dark side because there is eiether some sincere about her (LS) of wanting to learn, or the challenge of turning her down the darkside ... shes my favorite out of all the others

ah, well if I have to get info from Kreia before I can train the handmaiden I'm afraid it will still not happen for me this game. :p

Kreia hates me badly and I have no influence, so that option is pretty much out. I just couldn't keep my light side mouth shut. hehe. Nice to know though. thanks. :)

I thnk one of the points of the game is that YOU are not a Jedi... you are a Force Sucker.

Powers and abilites that stem from the Force do not make a Jedi....or a Sith. The capacity for good or evil, albeit dormant, remains present in the souls of all sentients. Despite being cut off from the Force, Ulic Qel Droma still 'disappeared' to become one with the Force - a phenomenon reserved for only true Jedi Masters. Though he no longer had Force powers, he truly understood the nature of the force; and more importantly, possesed the HEART of a Jedi. :cool:

manthing2.jpg

I thnk one of the points of the game is that YOU are not a Jedi... you are a Force Sucker.

Powers and abilites that stem from the Force do not make a Jedi....or a Sith. The capacity for good or evil, albeit dormant, remains present in the souls of all sentients. Despite being cut off from the Force, Ulic Qel Droma still 'disappeared' to become one with the Force - a phenomenon reserved for only true Jedi Masters. Though he no longer had Force powers, he truly understood the nature of the force; and more importantly, possesed the HEART of a Jedi. :cool:

Jag is just picking on me... becuase he can't answer my other questions! :)