Ancient Terminal

I have one real quick question. I'm on Dxun and I can't figure out one of the puzzles in the tomb. It's on one of the ancient terminals when you have to solve an equation that looks like (6_2)_8_9_1=13. And you have to fill in the math symbols.

I cannot for my life figure this one out. Does anyone know it it's driving me crazy! :luck:

Thanks

• 1 month later...
6x2-8+9x1 = 13

Well, that's what I thought. Only my game thinks differently

;)"

With either 6x2-8+9x1 = 13 of 6x2-8+9/1 = 13 the game says: Incorrect :(

Friggin' bugs in this game drive me crazy :-

Strangely enough, in my game 6x2-8+9x1 = 13 was supposedly wrong while 6x2-8+9/1 = 13 was correct.

6x2-8+9x1 = 13

:-"

Friggin' bugs in this game drive me crazy :rolleyes:

Strangely enough, in my game 6x2-8+9x1 = 13 was supposedly wrong while 6x2-8+9/1 = 13 was correct.

im surprised that 6x2-8+9x1 = 13 worked for you guys... a basic rule of "Pemdas" is that you can only use each one once... so 6x2-8+9/1 = 13 should be correct while 6x2-8+9x1 = 13 should be incoreect

6x2-8+9x1 = 13

im surprised that 6x2-8+9x1 = 13 worked for you guys... a basic rule of "Pemdas" is that you can only use each one once... so 6x2-8+9/1 = 13 should be correct while 6x2-8+9x1 = 13 should be incoreect

Who is Pemdas? And what has he to do with this puzzle?

"Jedi poodoo!" - some displeased Dug

S.L.J. said he has already filmed his death scene and was visibly happy that he

6x2-8+9x1 = 13

Who is Pemdas? And what has he to do with this puzzle?

p.e.m.d.a.s ... Parenthesis, Exponent, Multiply, Divide, Add, Subtract... its a rule of math

Pemdas just has to do with order of operations,  not sure where you got that rule about "only using each one once" that is just crazy

I think what's being referred to is a puzzle involving pemdas. In such a puzzle, you're given some numbers, told the answer, and must make the answer from the original numbers. One of the rules is often that each sign can be used only once.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

pemdas is only the "order" of mathmatical operations. it has nothing to do with "only using each once." However it is a common practice in math probelms to have them limited to one use each. But in this instance that is not the case and each can be used multiple times if needed.