Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I must be in Bizarro World...

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Arkan

Arkan

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2441 posts

I enjoy Dungeon Siege, and am looking forward to Dungeon Siege 2.  I know DS isn't rocket science; I don't care.  It's beautiful, it's fun, and it's one of the few party-based games out there nowadays.  So I don't care if it's an action hack-n-slash, it's a fun action hack-n-slash, and Dungeon Siege 2 promisese to be even better.

*waits for the pompous RPG elitists to ooze out of the woodwork*

:D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*flames Di*

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
I loved Dungeon Siege and I am looking forward to Dungeon Siege 2.

I find that the best way to really enjoy a game is to expect little or nothing out of it.

I thought it would be terrible, but I found that I enjoyed it more than Diablo. Did I just imply I enjoyed Diablo?!?! Oh man, I'm gonna get flamed also.

I liked Diablo 2 more, though.

Dungeon Siege was better than Diablo 1 or 2.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10684 posts

I loved Dungeon Siege and I am looking forward to Dungeon Siege 2.

I find that the best way to really enjoy a game is to expect little or nothing out of it.

I thought it would be terrible, but I found that I enjoyed it more than Diablo.  Did I just imply I enjoyed Diablo?!?!  Oh man, I'm gonna get flamed also.

I liked Diablo 2 more, though.

Dungeon Siege was better than Diablo 1 or 2.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*flames Eldar*

Azarkon

Azarkon

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 495 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

You have to remember that DS was designed for novice players and those put off RPGs by all those stats then everything makes sense.

Perhaps that was the intent, but to be honest, DS is easily out-performed by other games, such as Diablo, designed for the same purpose. Gameplay does not have to be complex in order to be fun, but DS was neither. The first time I realized that you could cast the same two spells over and over again ad infinitum in every battle, I knew that the game was doomed to failure. Even Diablo had you using more than that, and Diablo battles were at least fast-paced enough to keep your attention with the "omg mass slaughter #%#!" even if you were just pressing the same buttons. Plus Diablo had interesting items and spells, whereas Dungeon Siege's spells and items were lackluster and statistical. Save for a few moments of brilliance (the first time I saw the beholder comes to mind), DS was for me mostly forgettable, so you will have to excuse me if I make some memory errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users