I must be in Bizarro World...

HAY, I liked DSs story!

o:)

But then, there were also people who liked NWN's (OC) story... weirder things has happened.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"Maybe he thought it was good. Just because you dont happen to share that view dosnt make it wrong in this case. it's entirely subjective."

Checkmate. I win. You lose. Game over.

And? So did SOU.  Don't make exuses. i think it's more the fact that people played DS; thought it sucked; and didn't want to touch the epxansion unlike NWN or MW's expansions. That's the main reason I'd wager.

A steller story was never a mission goal. Oops you lose as usual.

But if you want to continue on that logic , well the OC broke so many promises that DS looks like a saint in comparisson so you cant have it both ways. o:)

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Seriously Eru, Dungeon Siege?  o:)

C'mon man, pull yourself together!

But they've described it like; dare I say it (I'm so gonna get flamed for this) an updated version of Baldur's Gate. A Gigantic streaming world you're free to explore (On a DVD no less), pro voice-overs, rich character interaction, a well written story! :">

Chris Taylor rocks. Looking forward to his RTS (WHY EA, WHY????? DIE EA DIE!!!!!!)

I'll definitely give DS2 a playthrough, despite not liking the 1st much. The improvements seem quite promising.

Dismissing it just because the previous game wasn't very good might potentially be a mistake. Devs sometimes learn from their mistake.

After all, if we hadn't played POR2 because of the crapfest that was the original POR, we would have missed out on a masterpiece.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Believing Gas powered Games can make a good RPG, is like believing pigs can fly.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"But if you want to continue on that logic , well the OC broke so many promises that DS looks like a saint in comparisson so you cant have it both ways."

Thanks for proving my point. Like I said, either way I win.

I either win because you admit that DS didn't deliver on its promises; or I finally got you to admit BIo didn't lie about the OC.

Thanks for falling for my trap. :-" :):p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"But if you want to continue on that logic , well the OC broke so many promises that DS looks like a saint in comparisson so you cant have it both ways."

Thanks for proving my point. Like I said, either way I win.

I either win because you admit that DS didn't deliver on its promises; or I finally got you to admit BIo didn't lie about the OC.

Thanks for falling for my trap. :p:)  :p

But that works both ways although it probably didnt occur to you :p;):-

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

DS was one of the most boring "RPG"s I have ever played solo. However, it was very fun to play over a lan with a few friends, turn up the difficulty and run around trying to move forward and stay alive was fun enough.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Games you watch aren't necessarily boring, as millions of FF fans will tell you.

However, in DS most of the times what you watched wasn't the story, but the repetitive monotony of uninspired battles. And that was supposed to be the point of the game.

I can't imagine what kind of drugs one would have to take in order to consider that "fun" during the design phase.

There are doors

Games you watch aren't necessarily boring, as millions of FF fans will tell you.

However, in DS most of the times what you watched wasn't the story, but the repetitive monotony of uninspired battles.  And that was supposed to be the point of the game. 

I can't imagine what kind of drugs one would have to take in order to consider that "fun" during the design phase.

Expcept you dont actually watch FF games. The cutscenes are a whole different thing. Same as reading large chunks of text in something like PST only much more technologically advanced.

You have to remember that DS was designed for novice players and those put off RPGs by all those stats then everything makes sense.

478327[/snapback]

I enjoy Dungeon Siege, and am looking forward to Dungeon Siege 2. I know DS isn't rocket science; I don't care. It's beautiful, it's fun, and it's one of the few party-based games out there nowadays. So I don't care if it's an action hack-n-slash, it's a fun action hack-n-slash, and Dungeon Siege 2 promisese to be even better.

*waits for the pompous RPG elitists to ooze out of the woodwork*

:D

I enjoy Dungeon Siege, and am looking forward to Dungeon Siege 2.  I know DS isn't rocket science; I don't care.  It's beautiful, it's fun, and it's one of the few party-based games out there nowadays.  So I don't care if it's an action hack-n-slash, it's a fun action hack-n-slash, and Dungeon Siege 2 promisese to be even better.

*waits for the pompous RPG elitists to ooze out of the woodwork*

:D

*flames Di*

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I loved Dungeon Siege and I am looking forward to Dungeon Siege 2.

I find that the best way to really enjoy a game is to expect little or nothing out of it.

I thought it would be terrible, but I found that I enjoyed it more than Diablo. Did I just imply I enjoyed Diablo?!?! Oh man, I'm gonna get flamed also.

I liked Diablo 2 more, though.

Dungeon Siege was better than Diablo 1 or 2.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I loved Dungeon Siege and I am looking forward to Dungeon Siege 2.

I find that the best way to really enjoy a game is to expect little or nothing out of it.

I thought it would be terrible, but I found that I enjoyed it more than Diablo.  Did I just imply I enjoyed Diablo?!?!  Oh man, I'm gonna get flamed also.

I liked Diablo 2 more, though.

Dungeon Siege was better than Diablo 1 or 2.

*flames Eldar*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You have to remember that DS was designed for novice players and those put off RPGs by all those stats then everything makes sense.

Perhaps that was the intent, but to be honest, DS is easily out-performed by other games, such as Diablo, designed for the same purpose. Gameplay does not have to be complex in order to be fun, but DS was neither. The first time I realized that you could cast the same two spells over and over again ad infinitum in every battle, I knew that the game was doomed to failure. Even Diablo had you using more than that, and Diablo battles were at least fast-paced enough to keep your attention with the "omg mass slaughter #%#!" even if you were just pressing the same buttons. Plus Diablo had interesting items and spells, whereas Dungeon Siege's spells and items were lackluster and statistical. Save for a few moments of brilliance (the first time I saw the beholder comes to mind), DS was for me mostly forgettable, so you will have to excuse me if I make some memory errors.

There are doors