Wouldn't it make more sense if...

Should he be?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should he be?

• Yes
    • No

I get what the original poster is meaning, and I agree. Before I get into this, I want it noted that I don't like Disciple at all, and I do like the Handmaiden.

But as a male Exile, the Disciple would be a better choice. Not as a romance interest- though I do think Atton is in the closet-but as an apprentice. Making characters both is a misstep by OE. Teacher/student relationships are inherently one-sided powerwise, and therefore a really bad way to start a romance. There are some sociologists who consider all sexual relationships that involve teacher/student matches -regardless of age- rape, as a teacher has sigificant power and influence over a student, and the student may not even be able to truely consent. Consider what we've seen with non-KoTOR EU stuff. Mace Windu had a female Padawan, and there are male/female matches in the new Yoda book, but one of those is a female Gran and male human. In fact, the vast majority of Master/Apprentice relationships are with the same species and sex. That would make sense. In a universe as vast and complex as the SW one, it would probably be easiest to relate to such commonality.

So how would I fix it? I would have swapped the Disciple and Handmaiden. I would have made the Disciple younger, and much edgier. Wasn't this guy

left by the Exile when he/she went to war, and then forgotten in the aftermath? Wouldn't that create some huge issues?

I would have set up the game that only ONE of your NPC could become a Jedi at a time, and set up a signficant stoyline after that. Wouldn't that make more sense than creating 4 new Jedi and none of them mentioning it? Additionally I would have made Mira a little older, and she would have been the romance option for male Exiles. So it would be 1 apprentice and then a choice of Visas/Mira for males and Atton/Visas for females.

Just a thought.

poor Disciple.......so he's a goody-goody! All the more reason to corrupt him to the darkside whenever possible. I got him bottomed out, but he won't serve me as a fallen jedi, unfortunately -- I influenced Bao-dur and Atton instead, and they're maxed.

I get what the original poster is meaning, and I agree. Before I get into this, I want it noted that I don't like Disciple at all, and I do like the Handmaiden.

But as a male Exile, the Disciple would be a better choice. Not as a romance interest- though I do think Atton is in the closet-but as an apprentice. Making characters both is a misstep by OE. Teacher/student relationships are inherently one-sided powerwise, and therefore a really bad way to start a romance. There are some sociologists who consider all sexual relationships that involve teacher/student matches -regardless of age- rape, as a teacher has sigificant power and influence over a student, and the student may not even be able to truely consent. Consider what we've seen with non-KoTOR EU stuff. Mace Windu had a female Padawan, and there are male/female matches in the new Yoda book, but one of those is a female Gran and male human. In fact, the vast majority of Master/Apprentice relationships are with the same species and sex. That would make sense. In a universe as vast and complex as the SW one, it would probably be easiest to relate to such commonality.

So how would I fix it? I would have swapped the Disciple and Handmaiden. I would have made the Disciple younger, and much edgier. Wasn't this guy

left by the Exile when he/she went to war, and then forgotten in the aftermath? Wouldn't that create some huge issues?

I would have set up the game that only ONE of your NPC could become a Jedi at a time, and set up a signficant stoyline after that. Wouldn't that make more sense than creating 4 new Jedi and none of them mentioning it? Additionally I would have made Mira a little older, and she would have been the romance option for male Exiles. So it would be 1 apprentice and then a choice of Visas/Mira for males and Atton/Visas for females.

Just a thought.

Visas Goes both ways (w00t)

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't it make more sense?

If you are after a bit of boy on boy action then yes!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

No, you meet him, and have a short but torrid love affair, and then he dumps you for a rough trick named Billy

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

So basically all you have to do is set the gender to both and you will be able to have both the handmaiden and disciple in your party? :p The savegame editor... ahh I love that thing. It kinda got wierd though because you thought Carth was gay when he said I love you to a man... yeeshh....