Fallout 2

Ultima 4

Baldur's Gate 1 w/Tales of the Sword Coast

Baldur's Gate 2 wo/Throne of Bhaal

Ultima 7

Arcanum

Morrowind w/Tribunal and Bloodmoon

Icewind Dale 1 w/Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster

Quite a list for one just starting out...

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

"But I though Jedi weren't allowed to love." - Handmaiden

"But some do it anyway. We call it pulling a Bindo." - The Exile

Much shorter list, then:

Fallout.

You may or may not like Planescape: Torment. I loved it, many others loved it...but many others hated it, too.

Fallout, on the other hand....you just can't go wrong with it. It's one of the best RPGs of all time, it's decidedly not Fantasy....and by this point buying it and the sequel together will cost you less than $10.

Seriously, the thread should have ended when it was mentioned. Most RPGs are Fantasy, but Fallout is a shining gem of an exception.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Games of the CRPG vareity that are a must have:

Fallout 1

Planescape: Torment

Fallout 2

Ultima 4

Ultima 7

Arcanum

Agreed.

Start with Fallout and Fallout 2... nice games, with strategic combat to get you going

Fallout 1

Fallout 2

Ultima 4

Ultima 7

Arcanum

Agreed.

Start with Fallout and Fallout 2... nice games, with strategic combat to get you going

Yup. Listen to her. She knows her stuff, even though she doesn't care if the world is turned into a nuclear wasteland. :ph34r:

8)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Fallout 1

Fallout 2

Ultima 4

Ultima 7

Arcanum

Agreed.

Yup. Listen to her. She knows her stuff, even though she doesn't care if the world is turned into a nuclear wasteland. :ph34r:

;)

I want powered armor :cool:

Much shorter list, then:

Fallout.

You may or may not like Planescape: Torment. I loved it, many others loved it...but many others hated it, too.

Fallout, on the other hand....you just can't go wrong with it. It's one of the best RPGs of all time, it's decidedly not Fantasy....and by this point buying it and the sequel together will cost you less than $10.

I think I'll start here. Then I'll try to move down Hades' list.

Of course, once Feb. 10 comes, all other games are put on hold (although Rome: Total War will be hard to put down...)

"Working for Davik was like driving a spike in the side of your head. Sure, you got something new up there, but in the end, you've lost something as well." - Canderous

Like most others have said

Start with Fallout and Fallout 2. Truly awesome games both.

You might also want to try Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. Actually I'm surprised no one has mentioned these two yet. I've only had the chance to play Divine Divinity, but its a great game.

You might think it a Diablo clone at first since much of the action and even the interface are very similar, but it also has great exploration, unexpected quests, a huge world and interesting, sometimes funny NPCs.

And I agree with Torment being great game. Ignore those who would cajole you away from this game, they just weren't open minded enough to truly appreciate the characters and story. They probably played the game through as a fighter. :sorcerer:

Like most others have said

Start with Fallout and Fallout 2. Truly awesome games both.

You might also want to try Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity. Actually I'm surprised no one has mentioned these two yet. I've only had the chance to play Divine Divinity, but its a great game.

You might think it a Diablo clone at first since much of the action and even the interface are very similar, but it also has great exploration, unexpected quests, a huge world and interesting, sometimes funny NPCs.

And I agree with Torment being great game. Ignore those who would cajole you away from this game, they just weren't open minded enough to truly appreciate the characters and story. They probably played the game through as a fighter. :devil:

I like the fact that if you have high enough wisdom and intelligence, you can get level 6 as a mage just by reading the unbroken circle.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Another question - What is a "cyberpunk"?

Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction. The subgenre's conception is attributed to William Gibson, who wrote a number of novels with a distinct style - set in a grim future, ruled by huge multinational corporations, and focused on computers and information technology.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Cyberpunk is a subgenre of science fiction. The subgenre's conception is attributed to William Gibson, who wrote a number of novels with a distinct style - set in a grim future, ruled by huge multinational corporations, and focused on computers and information technology.

Thanks. :D

Ha! Planescape: Torment:

It's the only RPG

You will ever need.

Lemme think...

No.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.