Obsidian

kirottu

"What is "The Stand"?"

A Stephen King book made into a movie dealing with the aftermath of a Big Boo Boo by Humans (what else is new). LOL Probably the best PA style setting ever.

Awesome stuff!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What is with a lot of people's interest in a Post-Apocolyptic setting?

That's not meant in a rude or sarcastic tone, I'm just not very familiar with the setting or why people seem to think it would be such a great setting for a cRPG. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What is with a lot of people's interest in a Post-Apocolyptic setting?

That's not meant in a rude or sarcastic tone, I'm just not very familiar with the setting or why people seem to think it would be such a great setting for a cRPG.  :p

Try asking that here:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/

:D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Bah, so this means that Lucasarts thinks that KotOR II is fine as it is, and no need for a content patch. Seems like KotOR III will not see the light of the day until 2007/2008 <_<

If Obsidian is working on something entirely new, i don't want more of the same fantasy/post-apocalyptic crap. Make something new instead, with the setting is at present day with the player drawn into a "larger than life" story. But no magic and no silly uberweapons, just regular fist fighting(kung fu! (w00t) ) and weaponry dealing from baseball bats to katanas and uzis. So when you're going out with your party, it's you (whatever your preference is), your regular karate wizkid, the knife/melee expert and the dirty harry-gun crazy dude.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'd note that Bioware have acquired the rights to use the upcoming U3 Engine to create an RPG of some type. I doubt that the company would select the engine if it was indeed totally unsuitable. In fact, they are releasing an 'RPG layer' for the engine which will be sold to other companies to assist in the easy creation of RPGs with this advanced engine.

Commercial Games Using the U1, U2 and U2.5 engines which are NOT First Person Shooters:

Lineage II, a MMORPG.

Deus Ex, PC RPG.

Sephiroth, a Korean fantasy RPG.

A Magic game, allowing the control of multiple classes of character at once.

3D Adventure Pinball, what more can be said? Its Pinball.

Non-commercial games using the U2 and U2.5 engines:

Duffers Golf Simulation

Top-down Alien shooter.

Unwheel, a racing game featuring multiple cars, tracks and race-types.

USkaarj, a top-down real-time strategy game with buildable structures, units, vehicles, tech-upgrades etc.

Metaball, a puzzle game where you must achieve goals and navigate a wide range of different areas by taking on the properties of different materials, allowing your balls to bounce, roll, float etc.

I do not mind which engine Obsidian use, as long as it serves their project to the greatest degree possible. I for one feel that they can be trusted to make the right choice.

Well, that's something you don't see everday. ^_^

Koreans make quite a few games. They are also active in the animation industry. The MMPORG market over there is huge too.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Commercial Games Using the U1, U2 and U2.5 engines which are NOT First Person Shooters:

Lineage II, a MMORPG.

Its a MMORPG therefore irrelevant.

I have played this game and no, it is a shooter.

It is not released in the US therefore irrelevant to me.

Not a CRPG, therefore irrelevant.

Not a CRPG therefore irrelevant.

All of these are Mods therefore irrelevant and not CRPGs. Nice try.