Obsidian

kirottu

> My bets are on KOTOR3 or BaldursGate3..both have been preety much confirmed coming..and neither has developer officialy annouced for it.

You sure about that? LA had a team togeather for KotOR3, as they wanted to develop it internally from what I was told. But they disbanded it last month. AFAIK KotOR3 is in limbo not being developed currently. But I do concede I dont follow star wars fluff so things might have changed since the LA KotOR3 team disbanded.

Actualy that's why I'm thinking about KOTOR3 by Obsidian. KOTOR3 is no-brainer...it's selling very well on both PC and Xbox..and since LA's KOTOR3 team has been killed... who else would they hire for KOTOR3 if not Obsidian?

The only two with the experience really are Bioware or Obsidian. Bioware has a lot going on at the moment but with JE closing up they could do it.

I hope it's Obsidian myself because after KOTOR II playing a KOTORIII by Bioware is going to be like reading a Janet and John book after you read Lord of the Rings.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

> My bets are on KOTOR3 or BaldursGate3..both have been preety much confirmed coming..and neither has developer officialy annouced for it.

You sure about that? LA had a team togeather for KotOR3, as they wanted to develop it internally from what I was told. But they disbanded it last month. AFAIK KotOR3 is in limbo not being developed currently. But I do concede I dont follow star wars fluff so things might have changed since the LA KotOR3 team disbanded.

Actualy that's why I'm thinking about KOTOR3 by Obsidian. KOTOR3 is no-brainer...it's selling very well on both PC and Xbox..and since LA's KOTOR3 team has been killed... who else would they hire for KOTOR3 if not Obsidian?

If you were working on NWN 2 and had your own IP in the oven and could afford to pass on KoTOR3 (ie LA) wouldnt you? I know if I could pass up dealing with a publsiher with unrealistic time tables id get away from them as soon as I could.

My 2 coppers

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

If you were working on NWN 2 and had your own IP in the oven and could afford to pass on KoTOR3 (ie LA) wouldnt you? I know if I could pass up dealing with a publsiher with unrealistic time tables id get away from them as soon as I could.

My 2 coppers

I wouldn

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I'm really hopeing It's not Bg3 I really felt the game story ended at 2 and there really was nothing more to tell. It's a classic and should remain so I'm worried if someone did make it. That it may not meet everyones lofty expectations.

I truely would like to see a very dark and disturbing original from Obsidian. Not another Sequal..

Obsidian Entertainment is indeed working on a third project. All I can really say is that it's in a state of pre-production at the moment and it is not a Bioware license.

KOTOR III isn't a Bioware license, is it? :lol:"

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Obsidian Entertainment is indeed working on a third project. All I can really say is that it's in a state of pre-production at the moment and it is not a Bioware license.

I think if it's a completely new engine, than it wouldn't involve Bioware.

Lucas Arts are showing an engine demo at E3...

It's great news anyway Mr Morgan. Good luck with it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

KOTOR III isn't a Bioware license, is it? :lol:"

No, that would be a LA license. Now if the guy (J.M.) could just have said: "We are not working on a sequel..."

Then we could rule out FO3 and BG3 too.

Now, can somebody tell me what the third state was to join the US ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Isn't Bethesda working on FO3?  Or bought the rights or something?

In any case, my guess is KOTOR 3.

It's not a sequel :)

..maybe a prequel???

(BG3 from PC Gamer "..The plot will be set in the early days of Baldur's Gate, but don't be surprised if you run into a hamster-toting ancestor of Minsk.".. or in other words, a prequel)

Isn't Bethesda working on FO3?  Or bought the rights or something?

In any case, my guess is KOTOR 3.

It's not a sequel :devil:

:)

Watch this space for speculations running rampant... when will there be a new section for pre-announcement speculation ?!?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is it something new, unlicensed and completely original? *hopeful*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Hmmm, very interesting. I'm hoping its an original project. That'd be cool. But I confess I wouldn't be too torn up with something that's somehow connected to an existing franchise if it was well done. :-

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man