35 members have voted

1. 1. Which version will you buy?

• PC
    • Xbox
    • Both - PC first
    • Both - Xbox first
    • Both - same time
    • Option for US PC owners
    • Option for sad gits who always have to complain about poll but still vote anyway!

Note: this poll is for people with both an xbox + PC (international) and who intend to buy the game.

I think i'm gonna go for the PC version first unless the specs required are much higher than the last game. In that case i'll have to go for the Xbox.

PS sorry about yet another poll but I'm bored as i still have 22 days until TSL is out over here. post-1139-1106207843.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

If both hardware options and titles were available to you at the same time, no one would choose the XBOX version over the PC.

People only buy the XBOX title either because the PC variation isn't available, or because they currently do not possess the requisite PC hardware capabilites.

This really isn't a "What should I wear/feeling in the mood for?" type choice.

manthing2.jpg

The question is will you buy PC or Xbox or both?

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

If both hardware options and titles were available to you at the same time, no one would choose the XBOX version over the PC.

People only buy the XBOX title either because the PC variation isn't available, or because they currently do not possess the requisite PC hardware capabilites.

Jag, thats not true.

I have a P4 3.2 gig system with 512 meg ram (ya ya I know I should be at a gig min) and 512 meg video card.

Yet I prefer my "OFFLINE" RPGs to be on my Xbox.

The main reason is (as said in PC forum) My TV is much larger then my pc monitor, my sofa much more comfortable then my computer chair, and coffee machine closer! hehe

But seriously, XBox is nice, just plug in the disk and play! No messing around with settings and options, no cleaning the mouse after certain amount of use, no defraging and all that junk after installing.

Just true plug and play!

Now thats for Offline RPGs and sports games.

Games like Civilization still PC only IMO (is civ even made for counsel games?).

MMORPGs are DEFINATELY PC only area (god I hated FFXI with those PS2 players)

Point is, I have the hardware to run any of these programs on my computer, just some games more suited to the xbox style. KotOR series just happens to be one of them :)

The question is will you buy PC or Xbox or both?

The answer is, if you don't have the XBOX version already, then don't bother getting it now - just wait for the PC release. :)

(I have the XBOX version btw, and I intend to buy the PC version as well.)

So in that case this poll is not for you.

Well first Off I am going to buy one copy of KOTOR II for the Xbox and play it through and if it is exellent I will buy another Xbox version when the prices come down a bit then I will buy the PC version way down the track once that too comes much cheaper.

Jag, thats not true.

I have a P4 3.2 gig system with 512 meg ram (ya ya I know I should be at a gig min) and 512 meg video card.

The main reason is (as said in PC forum) My TV is much larger then my pc monitor, my sofa much more comfortable then my computer chair, and coffee machine closer! hehe

But seriously, XBox is nice, just plug in the disk and play! No messing around with settings and options, no cleaning the mouse after certain amount of use, no defraging and all that junk after installing.

Just true plug and play!

Games like Civilization still PC only IMO (is civ even made for counsel games?).

Point is, I have the hardware to run any of these programs on my computer, just some games more suited to the xbox style. KotOR series just happens to be one of them :)

Although i agree with your reasons for buying xbox, i still will go for PC first. I have KotOR on both and the PC version is far superior (once i got all the patches that ispost-1139-1106209574.gif)

Jag, thats not true.

Just true plug and play!

Point is, I have the hardware to run any of these programs on my computer, just some games more suited to the xbox style. KotOR series just happens to be one of them :p

Oh, come on! Don't bring the "comfy sofa" argument into it....it can easily be countered with the "comfy chair". Seriously, have you seen the leather cushioned computer chairs with back support and thermal massage vibrators that you can get these days?

And besides, you really, really need to upgrade to a gig. :)

manthing2.jpg

I must tell the truth about PC VS Xbox

Ok here it goes:

PC:

Advantages of The PC for KOTOR II:

You get to see more details on the PC in graphics and you get to down load extra content for the game and get to mod the game how you want it and possibly loads more!.

Disadvantages for PC for KOTOR II:

1.Having to sit in your computer chair and wait for the game to load in,absalutely no automatic load! you have to load the game in your self as far as I am concerned,I could take a pee break and the game is still loading in.

2.If you don't have the right software on your computer for KOTOR II either you have to fork out money for the right adjustments just for one game.

3.Heaps of RAM taken on you computer just for a game and files spread every where.

XBOX

AVANTAGES:

Automatic loading,no loading in time manually,straight into the game,

DISADVANTAGES:

1.The Graphics are not as detailed as The PC version,

2.You can't mod the game how you want it unless you know what you are doing.

3.you can't down load extra content unless you have Xbox Live.

any way I prefer the Xbox version

I know theres probably more things then I added for the PC and Xbox but thats all I am going to say any way.

post-1139-1106223249.gif Ok, i just thought i'd let you know, i've gone back on my word as i have just pre-ordered the xbox version from Amazon.co.uk. I'd decided that it would be safer this way, as i may need to upgrade my depending on the required specs.

They are currently indicating that they will deliver on either the 10th or 11th.post-1139-1106223477.gif

None of the options describes me.

I played KotOR on my PC and didn't even own an Xbox. And only wanted one becuase I couldn't wait to play Sith Lords... how pathetic is that?! :ermm: I played the "we can use it to play dvds, too, honey" card with my husband and he gave me one for Chirstmas. :D

Some of the controls with a mouse were very difficult... like the darn swoop bike (which I like to call... Swoop bikes! Do I HAVE to do this quest?!) or the turret guns (aka... Why can't I fly the ship and let Carth man the guns?!)... and are easier with the Xbox controls. Some of the menu scrolling is much harder on the Xbox. So, they both have their good and bad points.

I will buy the PC version, too, only if it has some improvements over the Xbox version... completing the left out quests, for example.

Lol i have surround sound on my PC...

My new PC is one of them Sony TV ones so its a good 32 inch monitor...

And i have 5 140watt speakers dotted around my room...

So its gotta be the PC overall as... X-Box's suck (and no i dont just hate consoles... as im very much looking forward to the X-Box2)