Malak's Lightsaber & Armor

I have only been through KOTOR II one time so far, and I played through the game LS. I say this because I heard that the Armot and Lightsaber of Darth Malak are items in this game. I didn't quite believe my ears, so I checked the index in the KOTOR II strat-guide at my local GameStop where I also work, and found that are restricted to DS. I checked the walkthrough area for Korriban, I check all of it, especially the Secret Tomb area. They don't mention it anywhere and I am wondering two(2) things:

1) Do the items not show up in-game if you play LS?

2) Are they part of some special DL content (if there will be any)

If any of you have indeed found anyone of the two Darth Malak items please tell me where they are hidden. Thanks :)

I have only been through KOTOR II one time so far, and I played through the game LS.  I say this because I heard that the Armot and Lightsaber of Darth Malak are items in this game.  I didn't quite believe my ears, so I checked the index in the KOTOR II strat-guide at my local GameStop where I also work, and found that are restricted to DS. I checked the walkthrough area for Korriban, I check all of it, especially the Secret Tomb area.  They don't mention it anywhere and I am wondering two(2) things:

1) Do the items not show up in-game if you play LS?

2) Are they part of some special DL content (if there will be any)

If any of you have indeed found anyone of the two Darth Malak items please tell me where they are hidden.  Thanks :)

All items are random so Im guessing that means there is a chance of Malaks Lightsabre and armor appearing if you are DS.

I neber saw them in my DS games either for the record tho

I saw a post on another cite saying that he got Malaks armor from Fassa at the Nar Shadaa docks. He said he saved the game before he talked to him and reloaded like 15 times before Fassa gave him Malaks armor. I dont know if its true because i dont remember getting anything from Fassa but then again I dont remember talking to him after i finished his bonus mission. But if it is in the game its location is completely random.

Anyone have any stats for Malak's armor and lightsaber?  Does his armor allow the use of Force Powers?  Does his lightsaber have any attack bonuses?

All I know is it looks like that gay jedi armor that looks like a dress...it doesn't even look like Malak's real armor. No it doesn't restrict force powers..its not even worth it. And his Lightsaber is the exact same as the original lightsaber...same damage and everything...

According to the strat guide Malak's Armor has

Armor proficiency: Light

Upgradeable: Yes

Def: 7

Breakdown: 1250

Max Dex: +4

Speacial: Restricted to DS, Str+1 Regeneration+2

Even though we have been told it is in the game I find it odd that its not listed on Gamebanshee.com's armor list.

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Even though we have been told it is in the game I find it odd that its not listed on Gamebanshee.com's armor list.

That's probably because you have to be level 50 or something to access it. :thumbsup:

your kidding right?

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

AscendedPaladin.png

That's probably because you have to be level 50 or something to access it. :blink:

your kidding right?

I wish I was...but it doesn't look too promising :(

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=28450&hl=

manthing2.jpg

That's probably because you have to be level 50 or something to access it. :blink:

your kidding right?

well if so that sucks monkey ass! <_<

AscendedPaladin.png

your kidding right?

thats retarded. i dont think id even want to waste my time leveling up to level 50 just to wear a piece of armor that doesnt even look like malaks armor from kotor1.

You can find the armor but you must be over level thrity and darkside to use it. As for his saber, that is only in the PC version, just like Visass lightsaber.

Just curious how you know this? I mean this only as a question, since I haven't fought Visas after getting my first saber.

AscendedPaladin.png

I thought they put a lvl cap limit for 30?  I have only gotten to lvl 28 with my chars in two times playin.

not if you go and do the

"operation hississ" on korriban

, they just keep respawning so you can go from level 16 to level 50 quickly.

AscendedPaladin.png

You can find the armor but you must be over level thrity and darkside to use it. As for his saber, that is only in the PC version, just like Visass lightsaber.

Just curious how you know this? I mean this only as a question, since I haven't fought Visas after getting my first saber.

If you have a saber before fighting Visas, you get the red saber she was using in your inventory, even though she still says you "broke it". Her name isn't on it, but it's a red saber.

If you have a saber before fighting Visas, you get the red saber she was using in your inventory, even though she still says you "broke it". Her name isn't on it, but it's a red saber.

Ok thanks for the info, I figured you would get a saber but, I also figured we would be able to do a few other things in the game that didn't happen so I figured I would ask to find out.

AscendedPaladin.png

LOL I posted something on this in another topic...

Yea my guess is you need to kil malak in the secret tomb and all the jedi, only problems is they are like super powerful...

I have 1 solution though attack and run even if you have to disconnect from battle but thats all I can think of sigh lol!