Star Wars: Empire at War *new RTS*

kumquatq3

No, it seems more like Freedom Fighters, which makes me excited.

speaking of which, there was/is a sequel to that game slated for late this or early next year. Last I heard on Gamespot

Q1 '05. There was a preview for that too. You should probably just pick up the mag...there was a surprisingly large amount of news in it this month (CGW February).

The tragedy of Rebellion is that it did a very cool concept badly; I'm glad that Lucasarts is willing to give a Star Wars grand strategy game another swing, and if done with the Total War series as a model I'll definetely be looking forward to it.

Maybe this time, when I use the Death Star, the whole freaking Galaxy won't turn against me. <_<

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Maybe this time, when I use the Death Star, the whole freaking Galaxy won't turn against me.  <_<

At least you got to use the Death Star, before some punk blows it up. <_<

Hey, at least they got to blow up Alderaan before the Death Star went 'boom'. :blink:

But seriously, what's the point of having the power to destroy planets if the result is, not fear and submission, but virtually every system in the Galaxy suddenly turning massively against you?

If Rebellion weren't already a crappy game, that aspect of it might have been annoying.

Maybe this time, when I use the Death Star, the whole freaking Galaxy won't turn against me.  <_<

At least you got to use the Death Star, before some punk blows it up. <_<

Hey, at least they got to blow up Alderaan before the Death Star went 'boom'. :)

But seriously, what's the point of having the power to destroy planets if the result is, not fear and submission, but virtually every system in the Galaxy suddenly turning massively against you?

If Rebellion weren't already a crappy game, that aspect of it might have been annoying.

well, they turned against you is terms of support, you didn't nessasarily lose the planets

I mean, it's not like people are going to be happy that you blew up a planet.

well, they turned against you is terms of support, you didn't nessasarily lose the planets

I mean, it's not like people are going to be happy that you blew up a planet.

But the whole point of blowing up planets is to let everyone in the Galaxy know, 'if you mess with us, you're next.'

In the Star Wars EU, I believe it's called the Tarkin doctrine; set a few examples, and rather than having to set up expensive garrisons on every planet in the galaxy you can have rebellious planets eating out of your hand by the sheer terror that your new weapon might be used against them. 'Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station.

If the Death Star was suddenly destroyed, ala Episode IV, then I could see a sudden drop in support for the Empire....but so long as it exists, it should serve as a handy encouragement for loyalty to the Emperor. :-

If the Death Star was suddenly destroyed, ala Episode IV, then I could see a sudden drop in support for the Empire....but so long as it exists, it should serve as a handy encouragement for loyalty to the Emperor. 

Yes, on the surface, but you are going to get strong underground rebel movements, as well as the general population being against you.

So popular support should have turned against you, but the Death Star should have prevented uprisings in all but the worse conditions.

C&C games have to be really good to keep me interested, I just wish that Lucas Arts would allow atleast a couple of genres be, and concentrate on making a couple of really good games a year, but that seems to be the way of things, I mean look at Forgotten Realms they have made quite a few games that were.....well....forgettable

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.