Neverwinter Nights 2 Forums

The Guildmaster

That's upsetting. I don't post here much, nor do I have interest in NWN2, but yeesh. You're developing the game, and have established a nice community here. For Atari/Bioware to usurp that is in very poor taste, business reasons aside.

Obsidian, I have no clue as to your future developments, but I hope soon you develop some unique titles, and use your growing success to write your own ticket. Reliance on outside forces (such as...Interplay for example) is a risky move, even if you produce succesful games. It can damage your fanbase and your appearance of individuality.

Sure, you need a publisher, and hopefully you'd find one more amenable to your needs rather than its own. But as a company you're a sovereign entity and I hope you demonstrate it by making your own games without any further collusion. But, here's hopes for success no matter what you develop nor how your partners decide to hose you.

Yes. Because YOU can't reach their forums; they're incompetent. That sounds like a Hades comment; not the intelligent Ellester I know and am gonna merry. ;)

No, actually it

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Why are you the only one having this problem. BIO baords have their share of problems - ie. they *are* slow -; but in accessibility for eevryone but you seems to be doable...

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

i hate bio forums.

"I'm a simple man, Hobbes."

"You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!"

"I'm a simple man with complex tastes."

Why are you the only one having this problem. BIO baords have their share of problems - ie. they *are* slow -; but in accessibility for eevryone but you seems to be doable...

True it does seem to be like I'm the only one. But, it's been like this for years. Anyway, if I'm one, I'm sure there are others, even though it doesn't seem like it.

But, I can still post from home at night, so all is not lost, but I post 90% of my time during the day. I enjoy posting when the developers are actually at work. Nighttime is usually not a good time to follow development of a game. You can lurk, but not participate in real time.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Well this sucks, since I'm not going over there... I don't like their forums.

maaaaany people don't like their forums. A lot of people are saying what your saying.

- Steven Erikson

"Anyway, if I'm one, I'm sure there are others, even though it doesn't seem like it."

True. But, if they aren't vocal; their opinion means nothing. Anywyas, you can change the forums around to make them go faster by editing your preferences. It supposedly works wonders. You should e-mail a net monkey over there to see if they can find the problem for you and fix it.

"maaaaany people don't like their forums. A lot of people are saying what your saying."

How many is many? 5? 10? 25? 100 max? Seriously, don't exaggerate. Vocal people - the always vocal anti BIo crowd and a few usually reasonable people like yourself - are the ones complaining. Though; you probably have at least a semi legit exuse. :(

For, myself, I'm not worried either way. I can udnerstand why Atari wnated it done this way (more exposure); but in some ways it sucks but it maks these baords feel more empty. BIO baords don't need more boards. They have lots already..

How many is many? 5? 10? 25? 100 max? Seriously, don't exaggerate. Vocal people  - the always vocal anti BIo crowd  and a few usually reasonable people like yourself - are the ones complaining. Though; you probably have at least a semi legit exuse. :p

I

- Steven Erikson

I usually don't use the word "suck", but this time it's exactly what I'm going to do.

This sucks!!!

The reason why?

1) Most people who post on BioWare forums seem to be of lesser maturity level, sometimes you could suspect that they are of lesser inteligence.

2) Many posts are very hard to read. And not because the person isn't English from the start. Quite the contrary. They don't know how to spell, don't care about interpunction, don't care about making paragraphs. They just don't care. (points to the first point).

3) The things people post and suggest on those forums are beyond... contempt at times.. One could wonder what age they are, or how high IQ they have.

4) Thank you for using all my posts, Obsidian. I thought that our time and posts were valuable to you, you have showed otherwise.

5) You have lost several quality community members, and gained quantity of members I have chosen to stay away from.

Good Luck Obsidian, you will need it with the community you have gained instead of one you decided to leave behind.

I've only just started going to the Bioware forums since the NWN2 move, so I'm not familiar with the posting habits of it's members.

However, from what I've seen so far, I can't agree with your assessments Memengwa. I think in terms of maturity or coherent/intelligent posts, and the opposite thereof, both boards are pretty much on par. Now, that's only comparing the NWN2 discussions; I don't know how their other fora hold up in comparison.

For the most part, there seem to be more intelligent posts on both boards than not, at least as far as NWN2 discussion goes.

newlogo.gif

I've only just started going to the Bioware forums since the NWN2 move, so I'm not familiar with the posting habits of it's members.

However, from what I've seen so far, I can't agree with your assessments Memengwa.  I think in terms of maturity or coherent/intelligent posts, and the opposite thereof, both boards are pretty much on par.  Now, that's only comparing the NWN2 discussions; I don't know how their other fora hold up in comparison.

For the most part, there seem to be more intelligent posts on both boards than not, at least as far as NWN2 discussion goes.

Indeed, now if only people read an (updated) FAQ so they wouldnt repeat every possible topic we've had here.

"Indeed, now if only people read an (updated) FAQ so they wouldnt repeat every possible topic we've had here."

This will sort itself out in time. of course, repeating topics is somehting all baords suffer from. I mean how many times have we had to endure the 'ol 'AI vs. Controlled NPCs" thread on this board?

R00fles!

"Indeed, now if only people read an (updated) FAQ so they wouldnt repeat every possible topic we've had here."

This will sort itself out in time. of course, repeating topics is somehting all baords suffer from. I mean how many times have we had to endure the 'ol 'AI vs. Controlled NPCs" thread on this board?

R00fles!

r00fles indeed, however having to wait a few months for people to get the popular overdone topics out of their system is boring.

Really, one can only take so much of "FR is for moonchkens, DL>FR, epic rules with ninjas and godlike powers plz". :)

"Thanks a lot Obsidian!

This is the future! -> http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...&forum=98"

Yeah. This baord has its share of dumb spammy threads like that too. Nothing new there.

"Really, one can only take so much of "FR is for moonchkens, DL>FR, epic rules with ninjas and godlike powers plz"."

True; but my point is that repeated subjects occurs here and elsewhere anyways. Afterall stuff like Tilsets vs. Anti Tilsets, Rolling vs. PB, et.c, etc. occur multiple times here anyways. We get them once a month when some newbiew come sin didn't read the boards and decided to bring it up again then the veterans come charging in with their mass opinions.

Good if annoying stuff.

Indeed, now if only people read an (updated) FAQ so they wouldnt repeat every possible topic we've had here.

Hopefully there'll be some real developer commentary on the game, and what's definately in and functional, and other concrete info to work on. Until then, there's going to be a lot of redundancy while people get "caught up". Rhomal's FAQ is excellent, but people don't read FAQs, and fretting over people not reading them is only going to make you more antagonised.

newlogo.gif