What Makes You Think There Might Be A KOTORIII?

Hello Fellow Kotorians,

Everyone is talking about KOTOR III.And discussing this and that on KOTOR III but:

What Makes You Think There Might Be A KOTORIII?

Just Asking

Have a nice KOTORiftic day! :p

Cheero!

KotorianRuler

Simply because of the huge success of the series.

KOTOR1 winning over 40 awards, and the success of KOTOR2, suggest to me that Lucasarts will create at least 1 more KOTOR. :thumbsup::shifty::luck:

Besides that, i've kidnapped Lucas, and told him that if Lucasarts doesnt create a KOTOR3, say bye bye to Lucasarts. :devil:

Its what Fanatics do! :devil::devil:

While I'd really like to believe that making a KotOR 3 would have anything to do with the desire to expand the story and characters and to give a proper ending to the saga (considering how they left off KotOR 2) before moving onto whatever they decide to come up with next.

The plain truth will probably be as OSW said, the simple desire revolving around the almighty dollar, at least from LEC's likely perspective. We'll still have to see if at least any kind of expansion is made for KotOR 2 before that or if they go straight into 3, who makes it and where they take it...for the time being I'm just going to be skeptical until any kind of announcements are finalized however far from now that may be.

Basic Economics :(

This series been a huge win fall for LA and Obsidian/Bioware.

I was really surprised Bioware agreed to allow a diff company to make part 2 to be honest, They must have high ambitions for Jade Empires to let this go.

Long as the sries makes money their will be more KotOR made :)

Yup, since the game sold 500000 copies on the xbox in the US during december, it's just a matter of time until the third one is in development.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

While I'd really like to believe that making a KotOR 3 would have anything to do with the desire to expand the story and characters and to give a proper ending to the saga (considering how they left off KotOR 2) before moving onto whatever they decide to come up with next.

The plain truth will probably be as OSW said, the simple desire revolving around the almighty dollar, at least from LEC's likely perspective. We'll still have to see if at least any kind of expansion is made for KotOR 2 before that or if they go straight into 3, who makes it and where they take it...for the time being I'm just going to be skeptical until any kind of announcements are finalized however far from now that may be.

i have a sneaking feeling that the kotor2 ending and events will remain unresolved and lucasarts will just get the developer (whoever it will be, if it is made) to start a new story, but reference the events of the first two.

if that happens, then i honestly dont want to see the series continue. nothing id hate to see more than to see a series i enjoyed turned into a complete joke with unsatisfying endings and big plot holes never resolved. <_<

Agreed NeverwinterKnight, however a simple resolution to the ending of KotOR 2 would be an expansion.

Adding a some more areas or a new planet or two, new bosses, maybe a few side quests and leaving the ability to continue using the Exile so that the story can actually end (Which will be very difficult to do in 3 considering how uber-powerful the Exile is).

If this were the case, it might redeem KotOR 2 somewhat, since an expansion would not take nearly as long to make as the third game and provided of course the ending doesn't suck.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens post TSL PC release.

Master Jedi the Pink: there is no emotion, there is kotor 3,4,5,6

Master Jedi the Real: no such thing as kotor 3 it is a microsoft/lucasarts conspiracy to sell Xbox 2 might as well hug trees

Master Jedi the Kotorian: Kotor 3 mine all mine needs I do, it mine all mine!

Master Jedi the Real: no such thing as kotor 3 it is a microsoft/lucasarts conspiracy to sell Xbox 2 might as well hug trees

:ermm: ????

Well of course its about the money.I think artistic vision went out along time ago in the entertaiment business.Though thats not to say there isn't a place for it.

Also all the people who work on them don't do it for their own personal satisfaction as the main reason.Companies want and need to see a profit so they can continue in business.

If KotoR games were not entertainig then most people wouldn't buy them,though there would still be that hardcore who did just because it has the Star Wars brand name on it.

I also agree if a III comes out it would be for X-Box 2.With apparent launch titles being Halo 3,Elder Scrolls:Oblivion,and possibly KotoR III alot of people would be running to buy one.Would make ssound business sense to hold off on the title until the new platform is out.

:ermm: ????

Master Jedi the Pink, Master Jedi the Real, Master Jedi the Kotorian: mission accomplished

In my view they HAVE TO WRAP UP the whole

Revan/True Sith

thing. KOTOR III needs to complete the trilogy. However, if they do wrap it up nicely, I see no reaon why there cannot be a KOTOR 4, 5, 6 whatever as long as it is not just one tiresome soap opera.

One of the things about KOTOR I and II that made the story easier to write was the fact that you started off as a

LIVING LEGEND

. I'm hoping in KOTOR 4 and beyond, your identity is totally your own including what planet you were born on, what race you are, etc.

I can see why there are many who do not want to open up the protagonist's identity in KOTOR III, but beyond that, it should happen IMO.