I am confused? Is my guy in KOTOR 2 brain wiped 2?

I'm confused about the story in KOTOR 2 and it is preventing me from enjoying the role play aspects because I really don't know what my character is about. I apologize for being blonde but it's not very clear what is happening.

1) Is my character completely brain wiped just like the first game and can't remember anything about his old Jedi life?

or

2) Does he remember it all, just the game won't tell me what it is yet?

I'm going with #2 because people keep mentioning in the game (like the Ithorians in the beginning) how it is must be hard for me to deal with the burden I have. I also confess to what's-his-name in the beginning that I was stripped of my Jedi rank. So I assume my character remembers whatever this "burden" is because of these conversations, it's just the game won't tell me what it is? :thumbsup:

Number 2, you're cut from the force and you have to find out why(you will, trust me).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Exile: Jabba, I am your father!

Jabba: Hey, can you spare me a few creds for this great palace I found on this dessert planet. The Czerka Real Estate agent says its a real deal.

Exile: Yes, but I foresee you will die by the ministrations of a half naked woman.

Jabba: Kickarse!

In all honesty... they ask you questions so that you can tell them about how you played the first game. So, answer some of the questions about the past carefully. They will directly effect some of what happens in the game.

I don't think the Exile is "brain wiped". He/She is more reluctant to talk about a painful experience and the past is very painful.

I don't know if I agree with this design but I guess it will have to work. <_< I was hoping the answer was that my brain was washed again because it's lame to have to pick my character's chat decisions when I don't even know his past and the game design is purposely keeping it from me so that they can pull a "surprise." It doesn't make sense to me to be able to decide my character's actions and motivations when the person in the game is totally aware of a past that I am not aware of. :rolleyes:

I hope the game gets the secret out of the way early on and doesn't make it part of a "twist ending." I'm gonna be pisssed if I make all good decisions as a Jedi and care about people only to find out in the end that I slaughtered thousands of people in my past. :-

I'm confused about the story in KOTOR 2 and it is preventing me from enjoying the role play aspects because I really don't know what my character is about.  I apologize for being blonde but it's not very clear what is happening.

1)  Is my character completely brain wiped just like the first game and can't remember anything about his old Jedi life?

or

2) Does he remember it all, just the game won't tell me what it is yet?

I'm going with #2 because people keep mentioning in the game (like the Ithorians in the beginning) how it is must be hard for me to deal with the burden I have.  I also confess to what's-his-name in the beginning that I was stripped of my Jedi rank.  So I assume my character remembers whatever this "burden" is because of these conversations, it's just the game won't tell me what it is?  ;)

Just play the game already. All will be revealed. ;)

manthing2.jpg

I don't know if I agree with this design but I guess it will have to work.  <_<  I was hoping the answer was that my brain was washed again because it's lame to have to pick my character's chat decisions when I don't even know his past and the game design is purposely keeping it from me so that they can pull a "surprise."  It doesn't make sense to me to be able to decide my character's actions and motivations when the person in the game is totally aware of a past that I am not aware of.  ;)

I hope the game gets the secret out of the way early on and doesn't make it part of a "twist ending."  I'm gonna be pisssed if I make all good decisions as a Jedi and care about people only to find out in the end that I slaughtered thousands of people in my past.  ;)

post-1139-1106212635.gif Stop complaining already, atleast you have the game!

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!