What i want for a Kotor 3 :p

For Kotor 3, I really hope a real sequel of Kotor 1 , not a common "add-on" with few connections to the previous. I'm explain by : what a deception when i seen : the story take place 5 years ago after the first , damn they would have had to place the story 50 years after minimum coz there isn't much relations with the 1st whereas it there only 5 years who separates the two.

how can it happen as many things in 5 years :)

Sry for my bad English it's not my native language.. :thumbsup:

The story is tied decently to KotOR1, but I guess it all depends what you were hoping to see.

Sure, many of the KotOR1 people were sorely missed, and I did miss a continuation of the story, rather than more of the same. Yes, they do manage to somewhat explain the mandalorian wars and the jedi civil war that followed, but it just leaves way too many questions unanswered.

There are many good things about KotOR, and if you look on the story independantly of KotOR1, it has alot of potential. It's a shame the potential is crushed beneath deadlines, needed ties to KotOR1 and in general a feeling of obsidian not knowing where they wanted the story to end.

All in all, I like KotOR2. It's not as good as KotOR1, but I think it manages to pull off a decent follow-up, despite many of the other expectations I myself, and many others, might have had for it.

I'd like KotOR3, if they make one, to summarize on KotOR1+2. But I think it might be better for them to conclude the stories of 1+2 early in the game and then give the 3rd an independant path, or a path taken due to the consequences of 1+2.

I am hoping for a quick expansion for KotOR 2 and let the series end.  Let the next full Star Wars CRPG be a properly made CRPG with true adherence to the Star Wars d20 System rules and be far better balanced.  Also, no epic levels and good level pacing.

i actually agree with hades. i just want this whole revan/exile story wrapped up and finished, preferably just in an expansion, then move on to a new series that is better planned.

How the hell do you expect to play Revan of Exile whent hey are already 20+ levels?  There is no more room for advancement of power.  They can already practically destroy palanets with a thought!

man, talk about the challenge going real down low.  :(

Set the time period 10 years later. drop their levels to about 13 but raise their wisdom and intelligence (lets say they were studying the force), add tougher enemies, add more specific team/character monsters + missions, Add number of force abilities and change current ones (given), ect.

It may be a different idea for an rpg, but with the right changes a true character sequel woild be possable and very entertaining.

I dont know about you guys, but as a star wars nerd, im kind of sick of the :

" lost jedi who forgot his ways............save the universe from an evil force.........blah blah blah "

Why cant we be able to try to destory the universe with one character while trying to save it with another? think about the ending possablities and story changes .......

i dunno i see it as a good idea and possable, but thats just me.

PS - sorry for the bad spelling, my index finger is OOC.

How the hell do you expect to play Revan of Exile whent hey are already 20+ levels?  There is no more room for advancement of power.  They can already practically destroy palanets with a thought!

man, talk about the challenge going real down low.  :)

Set the time period 10 years later. drop their levels to about 13 but raise their wisdom and intelligence (lets say they were studying the force), add tougher enemies, add more specific team/character monsters + missions, Add number of force abilities and change current ones (given), ect.

It may be a different idea for an rpg, but with the right changes a true character sequel woild be possable and very entertaining.

I dont know about you guys, but as a star wars nerd, im kind of sick of the :

" lost jedi who forgot his ways............save the universe from an evil force.........blah blah blah "

Why cant we be able to try to destory the universe with one character while trying to save it with another? think about the ending possablities and story changes .......

i dunno i see it as a good idea and possable, but thats just me.

PS - sorry for the bad spelling, my index finger is OOC.

Remember now, Revan already had his level deteriorate after the mind wipe, and the Exile's level also debilitated due to his isolation. Having their levels impaired for a second time would just be lame.

manthing2.jpg

Sometimes telling the Public about a Game in development will get peoples hopes up. Big Blue Box did that and people were upset by the amount of things that were cut. Its probably best that no one knows if someone is working on it yet or not.

Hopefully they are :D

Totally agree Sith.

With as popular as KotOR series is, its best if they make it in private with out public pressure. Course down side to that is for the next how ever long we going to have to keep reading false reports from private websites passing their veiws and guess's off as fact and insider info (already happening).

Far as what I want (as there will be a part 3, anyone with any bussiness sence knows that!), I want a continuation of part 2 that encorperates Revan from part 1 :)

Thats my only want, long as the game stays like it currently is and expands off the story lines im a happy camper :-

What I dont want is for them to decide they need to do sweeping changes to the style and feel of the game. Id rather have the old engine then a new one that ruins the feel and flow of the game.

Remember now, Revan already had his level deteriorate after the mind wipe, and the Exile's level also debilitated due to his isolation.  Having their levels impaired for a second time would just be lame.

And having another Exile or force savior wouldent?

Not if they're a non-demigod to begin with. Then they're simply learning skills, gaining experience and gradually beoming more powerful - not reestablishing what they already had.

manthing2.jpg

Remember now, Revan already had his level deteriorate after the mind wipe, and the Exile's level also debilitated due to his isolation.  Having their levels impaired for a second time would just be lame.

And having another Exile or force savior wouldent?

Not if they're a non-demigod to begin with. Then they're simply learning skills, gaining experience and gradually beoming more powerful - not reestablishing what they already had.

okay so lets pretend that people want to know the full story of revan and the exile (why anyone would want that is beyond my mind capacity).

would it really be better to face (end) this situation with someone you just started, or two people youved spent 30+ hours working on.

For the love of creative writing do we really need a-freaking-nother exlie or another "your our last hope"? Whicih is what the next one will turn out to be without someone creative behind the wheel of kotor3.

I believe that the KotOR III should include the ability to read save data from KotOR I & II so that a person who has spent 30+ hrs on each can be rewarded for their efforts. As to the mentioning that Revan should be DS and Exile should be LS is not what would make the game. I have played KotOR's I & II four times each because of the choices that can be made. Each choice is different because the story is different for a female Revan than it is with a Male Revan. Much the same as if you play LS or DS. The same stands for the Exile. KotOR II puts another set of choices in that make the story change as you answer questions about Revan, putting yet four more variables in to play when looking at the story. Yes, I would like to see both stories ended, but they need to match what you played in previous games.

I believe that the KotOR III should include the ability to read save data from KotOR I & II so that a person who has spent 30+ hrs on each can be rewarded for their efforts. As to the mentioning that Revan should be DS and Exile should be LS is not what would make the game.  I have played KotOR's I & II four times each because of the choices that can be made.  Each choice is different because the story is different for a female Revan than it is with a Male Revan. Much the same as if you play LS or DS.  The same stands for the Exile.  KotOR II puts another set of choices in that make the story change as you answer questions about Revan,  putting yet four more variables in to play when looking at the story.  Yes, I would like to see both stories ended, but they need to match what you played in previous games.

Thats a bad idea. Many of us have deleted their save games and/or have unistalled the first game.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

What about doing KOTOR 3 as an expansion pack to the first two games? When installing the game you can pick a previous save file from each of the first two games to copy character information from. (you could also add an option to answer questions and customize by hand, but not "in-game") It sounds like the "True Sith" who live outside of the galaxy in unknown space are very powerful, so it wouldn't be unrealistic to start with a level 20 Revan. From playing KOTOR 2 it also sounds like Revan's motivation was the same as LS or DS, just the means were different. For LS or DS, he/she starts remembering that the reason for turning into Sith and getting the Starforge is that he/she wanted to unite the galaxy in order to fight the "True Sith" as one. If you played the first game as light side, you realized that the ends did not justify the means and went out after them alone. If you played dark side, you realize that it will take too long to unite the galaxy, that the war has weakened too many things, and decide to go out after them alone.

After playing for about 10 levels of play in the unknown regions, the game can switch to the exile, who is looking for Revan. You play as the exile for a bit and then the two meet up. Then the exile can become a party member for Revan, or you can split forces and have two missions going on at once, that switch at certain points (kind of like the Dxun/Onderon part two segment). I think that Mandalore and the Droids should show up (their loyalty to Revan demands it), and Bastila if DS, Carth if LS.

I have no idea about particulars of what you have to do, where you have to go, to stop the "True Sith", but most of it should take place in the unknown regions, making items and equipment scarce except for "True Sith" things that you can find and adapt. It also explains the massively hard enemies who live in the unknown regions and possibly the force could be harder to hear in such an uninhabited region. This last paragraph is improvised speculation, but the stuff listed above would truly make it a good game, in my opinion, at least, and solve a lot of problems.

It should also wrap up loose threads like the HK factory, the Droid controlling signals, the identity of Goto. Let's hear what you think. Sorry for the lack of Avatar or fancy graphics. I just created this account to post this.

Set  the time period 10 years later. drop their levels to about 13 but raise their wisdom and intelligence (lets say they were studying the force), add tougher enemies, add more specific team/character  monsters + missions,  Add number of force abilities and change current ones (given), ect.

Sorry, but not a possibility. I will give yo a bit of a clue here THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS LEVEL DRAIN IN STAR WARS d20!

Man, know the rules system before posting crap like this. Man, I am really getting sick of all these KotOR 3 threads. The game was canceled. Move on already.

No ones even working on it at the moment.

No, I saw on Banshee recently that Obsidian is doing something, but this is a rumor, and possibly untrue. I heard that it might be ready for E3 this year...

That's the Episode III game - NOT KOTOR III. As of this moment, K3 is a cancelled game. :p

manthing2.jpg