Obsidian doesn't care about its customers

Face it guys, Obisidans been payed and has moved on. Forget ever getting any kind of support from them. Reminds me of the launch of Temple of Elemental Evil. The dev. obviously knows there are problems but launches and moves on to the next project. I honestly feel betrayed and hope Bioware seriously reconsiders working with obsidian in the future.

Am i wrong? show me ANYTHING from obsidian commenting on the issues in the game and any patch/dvd in the works. or even a reason why it may not be possible. ANYTHING

Face it guys, Obisidans been payed and has moved on. Forget ever getting any kind of support from them. Reminds me of the launch of Temple of Elemental Evil. The dev. obviously knows there are problems but launches and moves on to the next project. I honestly feel betrayed and hope Bioware seriously reconsiders working with obsidian in the future.

Am i wrong? show me ANYTHING from obsidian commenting on the issues in the game and any patch/dvd in the works. or even a reason why it may not be possible. ANYTHING

besides the link hades gave you, id suggest you read all threads with a "O" beside it. those have developer comments in them. now while they havent exactly fixed all the things people are complaining about, all you asked was proof of ANYTHING that they were commenting on

besides the link hades gave you, id suggest you read all threads with a "O" beside it. those have developer comments in them. now while they havent exactly fixed all the things people are complaining about, all you asked was proof of ANYTHING that they were commenting on

We'll i've read his post and dont see anything refering to to the varity of issues in the game. Aside from the random freezes on my xbox. I just started a LS character only to find out that that most of the self buffing skills are broken and do nothing. Its unaccepatable. The game is being returned tomorrow. Forget Obsidian, there are too many great games out there to be wasting my time on a half ass-ed rushed release.

We'll i've read his post and dont see anything refering to to the varity of issues in the game. Aside from the random freezes on my xbox. I just started a LS character only to find out that that most of the self buffing skills are broken and do nothing. Its unaccepatable. The game is being returned tomorrow. Forget Obsidian, there are too many great games out there to be wasting my time on a half ass-ed rushed release.

"waa waa, Obsidian aren't supportive enough, waa *snot bubble* waa, my needs aren't being met"

Do you want the entire Obsidian dev team to come over to your house and hold your hand while you play the game? And how the the hell can you feel betrayed, did you think that your $50 purchase was a contract for a lifetime of servitude on behalf of Obsidian? But you're right, they've just cashed the checks and moved on... to finishing the PC version of the game. Grow up, or at least take your foot-stamping and hissy fits to the kindergarten forum.

...and, "self buffing skills"? What the.... All Jedi have immense self-buffing skills, it helps them cope with the ban on nookie.

We'll i've read his post and dont see anything refering to  to the varity of issues in the game. Aside from the random freezes on my xbox. I just started a LS character only to find out that that most of the self buffing skills are broken and do nothing.  Its unaccepatable.  The game is being returned tomorrow. Forget Obsidian, there are too many great games out there to be wasting my time on a half ass-ed rushed release.

:) I have played the game twice (well... almost!) and my game has NEVER frozen and I once played the whole day with only potty breaks and the occasional trip to the kitchen for more coffee. And the buffing skills don't work becuase your character is LS? Did they work for you DS characters? I don't what you are trying to say, but go ahead and take the game back.

As for Obisidian not "caring", that is just silly! <_< The devs do post here... as much or more than with most companies. I mean, please! These people are busy, too... doing their jobs... dev games, right? They simply can't be here every second of the day or there wouldn't *be* any games to play!

Yes, the game was rushed... blah, blah, blah... everyone knows that. But think about who *wanted* it rushed and go post there. :blink:

The buffing skills he's referring to are the Force Aura line (the +2, +4, +6... tiered defense power) and the Burst of Speed line (move speed + & def, '' and an extra attack, ' and 2 attacks)... neither actually gives any defense bonus...

For the former, that makes the skill worthless, for the latter, most like the skill for extra attacks and movement I imagine, but it still doesn't work as intended.

Those aren't the only bugs in this game, but this isn't a "list" thread. Plooby commented thusly:

""I have played the game twice (well... almost!) and my game has NEVER frozen and I once played the whole day with only potty breaks and the occasional trip to the kitchen for more coffee. And the buffing skills don't work becuase your character is LS? Did they work for you DS characters? I don't what you are trying to say, but go ahead and take the game back.""

I was simply pointing out to Plooby what the poster he/she replied to was most likely referring to. Force Enlightenment is a lightside power that has issues as well, since it duplicates Force aura and such, but I didn't mention it because Jarlaxlecq said he was disgusted when he started a character... so it wasn't a possibility. Anyhow, the blurb about the two skills was for Plooby's benefit.

I'm aware the problems will be fixed in the PC version, and that's good. People are still buying the xbox copy new though - most major publications say nothing about bugs. So, if someone comes in here with only 4 posts and seems a little irate, it's no different than the onslaught of feedback here on the boards last month. People are bound to be a little ticked/frustrated/gipped. It's not like there's an outpouring of official news on bugs. Cut em' some slack?

• 2 weeks later...

I still find it annoying that people blame developers for the publisher's decisions. LucasArts sets the release date and LucasArts are the ones who approve or deny major patches.

I am rather disappointed that Obsidian pulled most of its team to work on NWN2 rather than have them spend the remaining two months to polish up the PC release though.

I am rather disappointed that Obsidian pulled most of its team to work on NWN2 rather than have them spend the remaining two months to polish up the PC release though.

from a purely economical sense, if they arent getting funded anymore for the extra "bug squashing" by lucasarts, why should they?

erm, let me guess.......hmmm..........for us!?!?? lol

"waa waa, Obsidian aren't supportive enough, waa *snot bubble* waa, my needs aren't being met"

Do you want the entire Obsidian dev team to come over to your house and hold your hand while you play the game? And how the the hell can you feel betrayed, did you think that your $50 purchase was a contract for a lifetime of servitude on behalf of Obsidian? But you're right, they've just cashed the checks and moved on... to finishing the PC version of the game. Grow up, or at least take your foot-stamping and hissy fits to the kindergarten forum.

No offense, but this is why most tech support, customer service, help desk has been outsourced outside of North America, because there isn't any money in customer satisfaction, even the customers themselves gladly throw it aside, in favor of the NOW. Which then allows companies to knownly manufactor, produce poorly made products, and not only will they consumer buy it, but most of them will inturn defend the company....slaves...Lol.

I guess I feel bad for the owners of a poorly produced product, just glad I have the PC version, so I can look forward to a patch. Oh yeah, wrong forum. LOL.

I'm in New Zealand  :ph34r: - will xbox live owners get any sort of update, patch etc?

Not likely since MS isn't letting companies use xbox solely for patches, which is all a game such as KoTOR 2 would be used for, as its only a Single player game. I think you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us X users, sunk. Though i'm ok so far, i think they fixed a lot of bugs in the internation version who had to wait until 11th of Feb (w00t)

I really don't know if Obsidian cares. I would like to think they do. I think if it is at all possible to fix this, Obsidian will try....hopefully. I want the game to be repaired and the original content reinserted just like everyone else. I know they have seen the petition (I believe it is 700+ now) and they must know about all the problems we're having with the game. Word is getting around. This is really turning into a riot of sorts. Something good will come out of this or $*** will hit the fan....just wait and see.

PS. I have seen the "PC patch is coming" statement...but that does nothing for the Xbox version. Hope we don't get screwed on this.

Ummm, it's not OE's job for technical support, it's LA's, OE patches, but it does not do customer support.

• 3 weeks later...

While I will not defend Obsidian for releasing a unfinished and glitch filled game the blame does not rest on them alone it is in fact George "keep giving your money to me" Lucas and Lucasarts who wanted to release the game before Christmas even though it was unfinished

• 4 weeks later...
For those that don't read the main page here is something it says:

"Star Wars Knights of the Old Rebuplic II PC patch coming soon!"

But will it be available for the XBOX?

i doubt its even possible to "patch" an xbox game. especially since xbox live is not available. :)

Statement: just add the patch to an official xbox demo disc that the official magazine could host, the patch could be added to an existing save game perhaps?

Querry: anyone any ideas?