Game reviews

Pidesco

Have you ever noticed how console games get consistently better reviews than their PC counterparts?

Just check gamerankings.com:

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/simpleratings.asp

Why do you think this happens?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It might aslo have to do with consoles being a more "stable" platform so its easyer to make bugfree games so they dont get penalised for having bugs.

*shrugs* other then that I dont know...

Not really, if you look up KotOR (not 2, the first one, Bioware), the PC version got lower scores, while the Xbox got higher. There were also fewer reviews for KotOR. The Xbox version had more bugs too IIRC.

Wherent both versions of Kotor quite buggy?

Also the lower pc score can easily be explained by the "been there done that" of having a later release.

But that doesnt explain why the average is higher for console games then pc games, when looking at games that just come out for one platform.

theyre usually out first as well, so perhaps the pc version suffers from the "seen that already" bias.

plus i think much higher expectations due to the power a pc possesses.

I think you are right because Morrowind was already out for the Xbox and when Morrowind Game of the Year edition came out, it got a lower score then the regular one. They must not like repetition.

Well I think the scores get inflated with the PS2 vs Xbox vs CG war and plataform dedicated magazines inflate their game scores so they have "better" games.

I mean with crap as OXM giving scores its no wonder Xbox games will rank better that they would.

drakron.png