Handmaiden and Disciple

I'm getting pretty annoyed with Handmaiden and Disciple. I always gain enough influence to train them as Jedi but never enough to open certain dialogues.

You can ask Handmaiden "I wanted to talk to you about Atris" and it says [influence: Failure] which is ok but the problem is when I take her to places she would normally gain influence she comments on my actions but there is never any Influence gained.

Same with Disciple, I ask him what's his problem with the Jedi and I get [influence: Failure] and he says that his problem with the Jedi are his own... cool, but when I take him to a place where I normally gain influece with him he comments but nothing is gained. I even tried the Kreia inlfuence gainer by killing an innocent and I get Influence gained on Atton, who is not even in my party :) !!!! or gain influence with Handmaiden when I am a friggin' FEMALE!!!!!!!!!

I tried maxing my Charisma, didn't help.

I tried not training them as Jedi, didn't help.

Does anyone have this problem and did anyone solve it?

I'm getting pretty annoyed with Handmaiden and Disciple. I always gain enough influence to train them as Jedi but never enough to open certain dialogues.

You can ask Handmaiden "I wanted to talk to you about Atris" and it says [influence: Failure] which is ok but the problem is when I take her to places she would normally gain influence she comments on my actions but there is never any Influence gained.

Same with Disciple, I ask him what's his problem with the Jedi and I get [influence: Failure] and he says that his problem with the Jedi are his own... cool, but when I take him to a place where I normally gain influece with him he comments but nothing is gained. I even tried the Kreia inlfuence gainer by killing an innocent and I get Influence gained on Atton, who is not even in my party :) !!!! or gain influence with Handmaiden when I am a friggin' FEMALE!!!!!!!!!

I had a similar problem with HK-47 and Mandalore. I was gaining influence or losing it with everyone all the way up until I entered the ship at a certain point in the game. Once entering the ship, everyone is standing or staying still (i.e. not moving around). T3-M4 and Hanharr are standing still, and Atton is standing up rather than sitting. From that point on in the game, no activits gain or lose influence. Its very annoying, not just because it happens, but because I have absolutely no idea what spawns it. I am in my fourth game, and its happened midway through all of them so far.

Same with Disciple, I ask him what's his problem with the Jedi and I get [influence: Failure] and he says that his problem with the Jedi are his own... cool, but when I take him to a place where I normally gain influece with him he comments but nothing is gained. I even tried the Kreia inlfuence gainer by killing an innocent and I get Influence gained on Atton, who is not even in my party :blink: !!!! or gain influence with Handmaiden when I am a friggin' FEMALE!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'm assuming you have enough influence to change Disciple into a Jedi, but have you actually done so? Some people like to keep him as a soldier because of his low WIS. But...

Disciple won't answer that question until you've turned him into a Jedi. Of course when you want to question him about the Jedi, the option to ask "What's your problem with the Jedi?" disappears from the list of questions you can initially ask; you have to ask him one of those other questions like "What he's doing for the Republic?" and then you'll see a dialogue option like "Why is that?" That's where the question went.

It's stupid, esp. since you you have to max out your influence with the Disciple to turn him into a Jedi, so when you ask him about his issues with the Jedi, you haven't gained any influence with him, but can ask him anyway. <_<

But after several plays I realized that making him a Jedi is what was needed.

I'm on my second go round as a female lightsider. I went to Nar Shadaa, then Dxun and Onderon and next was Dantooine. I was able to convert Atton and Mira on Nar Shadaa. I also got my lightsaber on Nar Shadaa and then went on. When I got to Dantooine I kept Bao-Dur and Mandalore in my party. My lightside action opened up the Jedi conversion for Bao-Dur after I found the atmospheric sensors. I had Bao-Dur check them out and praised him for it. The next conversation was about his anger and I was able to convert him into a Jedi. It was a lot easier this time as opposed to the first time when I was a male lightsider. Disciple was even easier. I was on the Ebon Hawk the entire time. I talked to Disciple and asked questions and then gained a few influence points and was able to convert him to a Jedi. It must be a female glitch that allows female pc's to have more influence over the male characters.

I had a similar problem with HK-47 and Mandalore.  I was gaining influence or losing it with everyone all the way up until I entered the ship at a certain point in the game.  Once entering the ship, everyone is standing or staying still (i.e. not moving around).  T3-M4 and Hanharr are standing still, and Atton is standing up rather than sitting.  From that point on in the game, no activits gain or lose influence.  Its very annoying, not just because it happens, but because I have absolutely no idea what spawns it.  I am in my fourth game, and its happened midway through all of them so far.

This problem doesn't really have anything to do with glitches. It just seems I max out their influence and I can't get anymore to open up the next dialogue.

Okay, I'm assuming you have enough influence to change Disciple into a Jedi, but have you actually done so? Some people like to keep him as a soldier because of his low WIS. But...

Disciple won't answer that question until you've turned him into a Jedi. Of course when you want to question him about the Jedi, the option to ask "What's your problem with the Jedi?" disappears from the list of questions you can initially ask; you have to ask him one of those other questions like "What he's doing for the Republic?" and then you'll see a dialogue option like "Why is that?" That's where the question went.

It's stupid, esp. since you you have to max out your influence with the Disciple to turn him into a Jedi, so when you ask him about his issues with the Jedi, you haven't gained any influence with him, but can ask him anyway. <_<

But after several plays I realized that making him a Jedi is what was needed.

No, no. I've turned Disciple into a Jedi before and tried to gain influence with him but it seems he was maxed out and when I asked him what was his problem with the Jedi, and he was a Jedi, I always got a failure. On another playthrough I did not turn him into a Jedi but the same thing happens.

I'm on my second go round as a female lightsider.  I went to Nar Shadaa, then Dxun and Onderon and next was Dantooine.  I was able to convert Atton and Mira on Nar Shadaa.  I also got my lightsaber on Nar Shadaa and then went on.  When I got to Dantooine I kept Bao-Dur and Mandalore in my party.  My lightside action opened up the Jedi conversion for Bao-Dur after I found the atmospheric sensors.  I had Bao-Dur check them out and praised him for it.  The next conversation was about his anger and I was able to convert him into a Jedi.  It was a lot easier this time as opposed to the first time when I was a male lightsider.  Disciple was even easier.  I was on the Ebon Hawk the entire time.  I talked to Disciple and asked questions and then gained a few influence points and was able to convert him to a Jedi.  It must be a female glitch that allows female pc's to have more influence over the male characters.

I have no problem turning anyone into Jedi it's just specifically Handmaiden and Disciple that I have problems with opening there last bits of dialogue.

Hell you want to talk about influence problems, here is one for yah to rap your mind around, on my last play through I was playing as a male and before the handmaiden even left atris's place (or whatever) I had her answer that question, but when she joined my party I asked her again (I mean right after) and I got an influence failer for the same damb question. Now how the hell is that possible anyone care to answer this. Also I was pure LS so it wouldn't have been because of me being DS incase that matters.

The play through before I had to wait until just before I went to dantooine the second time before the desciple would answer what his problem was with the jedi and he had been a jedi since I met him, I went to Dantooine for my second world after Telos (narshadaa being first).

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits!" - Albert Einstein.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!"

"You can try to kill me, you'd fail!, but you can try!" - Revan.

"When you have exhausted all other possibilities whatever remains, however improbable must be the truth." - Sherlock Holmes (a.k.a. Sir Arthur Conan Dole)

"A lack of planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on my part"

AscendedPaladin.png

Same with Disciple, I ask him what's his problem with the Jedi and I get [influence: Failure] and he says that his problem with the Jedi are his own... cool, but when I take him to a place where I normally gain influece with him he comments but nothing is gained. I even tried the Kreia inlfuence gainer by killing an innocent and I get Influence gained on Atton, who is not even in my party :blink: !!!! or gain influence with Handmaiden when I am a friggin' FEMALE!!!!!!!!!

Hell you want to talk about influence problems, here is one for yah to rap your mind around, on my last play through I was playing as a male and before the handmaiden even left atris's place (or whatever) I had her answer that question, but when she joined my party I asked her again (I mean right after) and I got an influence failer for the same damb question. Now how the hell is that possible anyone care to answer this. Also I was pure LS so it wouldn't have been because of me being DS incase that matters.

The play through before I had to wait until just before I went to dantooine the second time before the desciple would answer what his problem was with the jedi and he had been a jedi since I met him, I went to Dantooine for my second world after Telos (narshadaa being first).

Yeah I finally figured it out. Thanks though.

I've never had a problem turning Disciple into a Jedi but Handmaiden is a whole different story; I have not yet managed to turn her into a Jedi, and I've already played the game several times now.

I always get to the point where she says she's willing to learn from you (or something to that effect), but that's all I ever get out of her and nothing else happens afterwards. I must be doing something wrong. :blink:

I've never had a problem turning Disciple into a Jedi but Handmaiden is a whole different story; I have not yet managed to turn her into a Jedi, and I've already played the game several times now.

I always get to the point where she says she's willing to learn from you (or something to that effect), but that's all I ever get out of her and nothing else happens afterwards. I must be doing something wrong.  :p

your answering her questions wrong.

Basically the ending your getting is you are honoring her oath to atris so as long as shes bound by that you will not train her.

Get acouple more influence gains with her BEFORE triggering that specific conversation and you will have no problem turning her to jedi.