Would you...

Would you still buy KOTOR 3 if it still has the present problems that KOTOR 2 has?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would you still buy KOTOR 3 if it still has the present problems that KOTOR 2 has?

• Yes
    • No

I never claimed they bothered you, rather I said, if they did you need to think for yourself, and if they don't and you can think for yourself, then the whole "move on and get over it" thing applies.

sarcasm

But hold on a moment, I have to make another check mark on the dry erase board in my office, coutning the number of threads I've derailed...

/sarcasm

If I was as you claim, I'd also respond to the tool that posted a few back, spouting off about how he also claims to have the knowledge that the only serious bugs people experience are because they exploit and/or use a modded xbox.  I could ramble on and on about how my box isn't modded, since I play on Live all the time, and in both games I played, I had random crashes, lock up, missing dialogs, skipped cutscenes, force powers not working, battle queue system jacking up and launching force storm & flurry at the same time for example.

[ ...hissy fit edited for length...]

if I tried to queue attacks, and then change my mind or tactics because something didn't work as planned that it would "combine" my attack queues and launch double strikes.

I'll go easy on you this one time because I'm well aware of the fact that most American adults have a 4th Grade reading comprehension level, here goes; If you'd read and understood my post you'd have saved yourself some rambling, I'll break down the part you were referring to in the hopes that it's easier for you to understand:

1) A few bugs are widely reported

2) I haven't come across these bugs in normal play

3) I have, however, experienced them when using modded saves* and exploits

* modded saves are those that you can find online and use through an action replay. They don't require modded 'boxes to use them.

Now, I didn't claim that horrendous bugs and mods/exploits are mutually exclusive, only that in my experience the bugs haven't occurred for me during normal play.

On to your complaints, for which I have some sympathy (in other words, what follows is my attempt to be helpful and gather information);

1) Random crashes and lock-ups can often be the fault of the hardware rather than the software. If you'd care to lay out the circumstances under which they occur for you then perhaps we can all contribute such information and isolate the problem. For example, I've found that the game commonly freezes on me during the battle for Telos, just after Visas says "I'd have it no other way" - when the game should switch to the party selection screen. I've only had this happen during extended play or when the xbox has been in use for a long period of time, so I'm assuming that the problem is probably cpu lag or similar.

2) Missing dialogues and skipped cutscenes - can you explain this further? A lot of the dialogue choices are contextual and some of the cutscenes occur at different times in each game (specifically those involving your crew on the EH). If you're finding that dialogue choices that appear on the Ebon Hawk are missing when of the Hawk, that is normal, not a bug. Planetside dialogue choices are trimmed down somewhat, depending on the character. Also, some dialogue choices are dependant on your rating in certain skills or progress through the game, or your alignment, or influence level with the npc. As I said, if you could explain the circumstances further perhaps we can get to the root of the problem. As for cutscenes, are you talking about quest-based scenes? The only one that I've heard of people having problems with is the Visquis message on Nar Shaddaa, and I think that problem may be related to the airspeeder (ie not triggering the passing points between areas, I'm still trying to find out if that's accurate. )

3) The battle system is definately unpredictable, I'll hand that one to you on a silver platter. Again I'm not certain that's a glitch per se, but the fault of the system itself. The system can be manipulated into launching multiple attacks per round, mainly when selecting attacks from different catagories (eg, a physical attack and a force attack, or an attacking force selection and a defensive/healing one - and you can always go into the menu and use an item during a round). It's certainly a flaw, and probably the result of the battle system overhaul. Whether it's gone unnoticed by the devs or it's been left that way intentionally is information that we don't have.

Also, it's (intentionally) possible to increase your attacks per round by selecting certain feats/powers, and perhaps you're experienceing a bug related to that? It's not something that I've seen happen if your description of combined attacks (both occuring simultainiously) is accurate, so I wouldn't like to guess at why it happens.

If you could expand on any of the problems you've encountered (context, frequency, circumstances), or if anyone else who has experienced these problems can do the same, we could conceivably figure out what goes wrong where and why. Could prove to be a useful exercise.

I'll go easy on you this one time because I'm well aware of the fact that most American adults have a 4th Grade reading comprehension level, here goes; If you'd read and understood my post you'd have saved yourself some rambling, I'll break down the part you were referring to in the hopes that it's easier for you to understand:

Thanks so very much for dumbing down your powers of conversation with me. It speaks volumes of you, as a person that truely cares for the feelings of others. As I fumble around my keyboard trying to find words other than "your grandma wears diapers", my eyes swell with tears of joy. Someone has finally taken the time to lower themselves down to the "common man" level, and is finally allowing us a fair exchange of communication. I will rally my peers to this thread, so that they may see the positive strides for the future that have been made by your post.

1) A few bugs are widely reported

That is spectacular.

2) I haven't come across these bugs in normal play

That is truely amazing.

3) I have, however, experienced them when using modded saves* and exploits

* modded saves are those that you can find online and use through an action replay. They don't require modded 'boxes to use them.

That is incredible. Perhaps it shows you, since I have no idea about modded saves/xboxes or whatever the **** you're talking about that it doesn't apply to me. Of course, what is more dorkish than going online to find saves for a console, and then using some other program to get them downloaded? If it weren't for your astute detective work, who knows where the fate of mankind would be!

Now, I didn't claim that horrendous bugs and mods/exploits are mutually exclusive, only that in my experience the bugs haven't occurred for me during normal play.

WOAH! You must be like... the first person on the internet to report their findings in a manner that is supposed to convey the message that it's only in your case, and that nobody elses. I mean, you took the time to write all that crap, and in the end, it technically served no purpose to prove any kind of point, since your entire meaning was simply "on my xbox only and nobody elses, so readers please ignore everything I've said".

You should have put a disclaimer at the top, right before you said I must say that I agree with Kalfear to an extent.. Because, after that, it would generally be assumed that anything you said that echoed similar feelings/opinions of Kalfear, would mean that you were claiming it to be true. Kalfear is under the impression that people experiencing bugs are either cheating, not paying attention to the game, or are making them up. You then echo one of his statements by claiming that you only had certain "bugs" (you even quoted the word) when you exploited (can be taken as cheating when worded that way), or used modded saves, which I'd also assume is a cheat since it's a modified save.

You clearly didn't mark where the "to an extent" cut off and you went off in your own group of findings. Remember, we're largely a group of 4th graders here, you have to make things clearer, or you'll get headaches from explaining yourself over and over.

On to your complaints, for which I have some sympathy (in other words, what follows is my attempt to be helpful and gather information);

My e-heart swells from your sympathy.

1) Random crashes and lock-ups can often be the fault of the hardware rather than the software. If you'd care to lay out the circumstances under which they occur for you then perhaps we can all contribute such information and isolate the problem. For example, I've found that the game commonly freezes on me during the battle for Telos, just after Visas says "I'd have it no other way" - when the game should switch to the party selection screen. I've only had this happen during extended play or when the xbox has been in use for a long period of time, so I'm assuming that the problem is probably cpu lag or similar.

My hardware is fine. No, I'm not interested in laying out the circumstances, because in my two play throughs they happened more than once in different locations. I don't have "extended play", 1-2 hours a day on days that I game is not even enough to enter the "standard play" catagory for most people.

Places it has locked up:

Peragus when outside the station.

Telos when running around on the surface.

Telos when running around the underground base.

When leaving the Ebon Hawk.

Second visit to Dantooine.

An Onderon CG movie.

Malachor V both on the surface and in the academy.

2) Missing dialogues and skipped cutscenes - can you explain this further?

Visquis talking but not showing text.

Kreia completely bypassing sections of conversation and jumping to the end.

Mandalore "teleporting" around the map and initiating a cutscene before you get to where he really is when the sith attack the base. Was different each time I reloaded until finally getting him to stay in his ****ing location so I could get to him.

Kreia telling me to go to Dantooine before completing the core of the game... That one was SUPER FUN.

If you could expand on any of the problems you've encountered (context, frequency, circumstances), or if anyone else who has experienced these problems can do the same, we could conceivably figure out what goes wrong where and why. Could prove to be a useful exercise.

I'm so glad you could take the time out of your super hero schedule and hold a "simple" conversation. I have no further interest in debating any issues that you inquired about. The overwhelming feeling of e-joy is unexplainable though, I am so super e-happy that you could play your beloved game without any serious problems.

I voted "Yes". KOTOR 2 wasn't that bad in my eyes. I guess I can settle for less why others cry like children that didn't get what they wanted.

One persons junk is another persons treasure. Just because you're willing to settle for less, doesn't mean the people that expected more are simply crying for ****s and giggles. If you liked the game, FINE. But to sit there and say you can settle for less, and those of us that don't want to settle for less are crying like children, is an utterly moronic statement.

Next time I work with a new client, I'll have to see if they're willing to settle for less. I mean hell, it would be amazing if I could charge my normal rates and produce lower quality design. I could make BANK if every company was willing to settle for less! (w00t)

Perhaps it shows you, since I have no idea about modded saves/xboxes or whatever the **** you're talking about that it doesn't apply to me.

That would be an incredibly valid point, had the initial post been aimed at you. Or had it mentioned you. Or had it been a reply to you.

Funnily enough, it was none of the above.

I was merely offering up some information and speculation based on my own experiences with the game. It's a similar to your process of spamming the board with your whining, but slightly more constructive.

You should have put a disclaimer at the top, right before you said I must say that I agree with Kalfear to an extent..  Because, after that, it would generally be assumed that anything you said that echoed similar feelings/opinions of Kalfear, would mean that you were claiming it to be true. 

What in the blue hell are you babbling about? That is the most baffling display of "logic" that I've witnessed this week. Let me make sure I understand you, you're saying that if I happen to share someone else's opinion on any given subject then I must be claiming that their opinion is "true"? Are you subnormal? Opinions aren't true or false, they're purely subjective - that's why they are called opinions, not facts. See how that works?

I have been informed by Kalfear that Ephany has hijakced my topic. I would just like to remind everyone to stay on topic please.

That's an impossibility, because he claims he doesn't read my posts. He just runs around the forums and makes stuff up about me. He's my resident fan/stalker.

What in the blue hell are you babbling about? That is the most baffling display of "logic" that I've witnessed this week. Let me make sure I understand you, you're saying that if I happen to share someone else's opinion on any given subject then I must be claiming that their opinion is "true"? Are you subnormal? Opinions aren't true or false, they're purely subjective - that's why they are called opinions, not facts. See how that works?

Since you opted to only use a portion of the paragraph to respond to and chose to igno

I voted "Yes". KOTOR 2 wasn't that bad in my eyes. I guess I can settle for less why others cry like children that didn't get what they wanted.

One persons junk is another persons treasure. Just because you're willing to settle for less, doesn't mean the people that expected more are simply crying for ****s and giggles. If you liked the game, FINE. But to sit there and say you can settle for less, and those of us that don't want to settle for less are crying like children, is an utterly moronic statement.

Next time I work with a new client, I'll have to see if they're willing to settle for less. I mean hell, it would be amazing if I could charge my normal rates and produce lower quality design. I could make BANK if every company was willing to settle for less! (w00t)

Yes, fine. I liked the game and I didn't feel the ending was as disappointing as you or anyone else did, not to mention I barely encountered any bugs through 3 playthroughs while you apparently encountered them all the time, not to mention you were disappointed by the end.

I wasn't saying that if you can't settle for less you are a crying child, I was saying that even if I felt the great disappointment you do (I've had my fair share of disappointing games) I wouldn't make such a big deal out of it, that's just me. And that's what I was saying.

I just would like the remind the 25 who say they will still buy KOTOR 3 dispite the problems that no changes will happen unless Obsidian sees that they will recieve less money. It's a company. They are in the business to make money. Dollars and Cents is what matters to them. You could have 10 or 1000 people saying they want a change, but that will not happen unless they see it will effect them financially either way.

sweaw2008-06-0711-55-23-01.jpg

I have to say I don't know since I have yet played KotOR 2. It all depends on the initial release of the game for the PC. I know there are initial problems with the game such as the epic levels and rampant leveling within the game, which I hope are fixed in the third installment.

I just have to wait and see til I get my hands on the PC version, because the X-Box version is irrelevant to me.

Voted No.

Hey, I buy a game expecting it to be COMPLETED. Ok, I'm a Star Wars fan, but when sh!t like this gets regurgitated out because of deadlines (friggin L.A.), I ain't buying it.

I blame LucasArts for the extreme deadline given to Obsidian. I HONESTLY BELIEVE that if Obsidian had more time, this game would have kicked KOTOR 1 in the azz. My goodness, I love the extra stuff in this game, but because of the cutoff deadline, it's just nuts.

Anyway, I really hope that they give KOTOR 3 the love it deserves. If they don't put the HK factory in 3, I hope they put out a "directors cut" where it IS completed. Hey, I think Obsidian did a kick a** job in this game but L.A. screwed things up because of a concrete deadline.

Don't hate O.E. hate L.A.

(but to reiterate, if K3 has this much bugs, I ain't buying it)

I just would like the remind the 25 who say they will still buy KOTOR 3 dispite the problems that no changes will happen unless Obsidian sees that they will recieve less money. It's a company. They are in the business to make money. Dollars and Cents is what matters to them. You could have 10 or 1000 people saying they want a change, but that will not happen unless they see it will effect them financially either way.

Well Jeff, maybe the 25 that voted "YES" didnt experience any problems.

I know I didnt other then occational slowdown, but thats not a game breaker by a HUGE margin. I completed all the quests, didnt have any graphic bugs (other then slow downs), played through it 8 times now.

To me "other then ending which wasnt great but wasnt terrible either" the game was as close to perfect as Ive seen in a really long time.

Had far less bugs then KotOR1 or Halo.

Biggest bug to me in KotOR2 was that POS demo they included with it (gawd that was terrible, even for a no mind FPS game).

I hope Obsidian does do part 3 and keeps everything status quo.

*missing content (HK factory, 2nd level of telos military outpost) was annoying yes but game was still same size as knights 1 so even tho i wanted the additional content I cant "REASONABLY" complain about it as I would be contradicting myself for enjoying Knights 1 as much as I did.

Had far less bugs then ... Halo.

You just love running around forums making stuff up don't you? If it's not about me, then it's about other games. Your comedy is becoming golden.

Biggest bug to me in KotOR2 was that POS demo they included with it (gawd that was terrible, even for a no mind FPS game).

Squad based FPS too much for you to handle?

Well Jeff, maybe the 25 that voted "YES" didnt experience any problems.

I know I didnt other then occational slowdown, but thats not a game breaker by a HUGE margin. I completed all the quests, didnt have any graphic bugs (other then slow downs), played through it 8 times now.

To me "other then ending which wasnt great but wasnt terrible either" the game was as close to perfect as Ive seen in a really long time.

Had far less bugs then KotOR1 or Halo.

I hope Obsidian does do part 3 and keeps everything status quo.

*missing content (HK factory, 2nd level of telos military outpost) was annoying yes but game was still same size as knights 1 so even tho i wanted the additional content I cant "REASONABLY" complain about it as I would be contradicting myself for enjoying Knights 1 as much as I did.

Indeed, Republic Commando just feels, well "dull". Stupid A.I., so-so graphics and so on. It makes Halo seem like a masterpiece.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Indeed, Republic Commando just feels, well "dull". Stupid A.I., so-so graphics and so on. It makes Halo seem like a masterpiece.

i havent bothered trying the demo that comes with kotor2, bu thats disappointing. i was actually looking forward to that game. <_<

Better look elsewhere. <_<

manthing2.jpg

i havent bothered trying the demo that comes with kotor2, bu thats disappointing. i was actually looking forward to that game. <_<

Better look elsewhere. <_<

So true, Im not a FPS fan to begin with and only played Halo because it came with my XBox (along with Amped which is a great game btw), but compared to that Republic demo POC, Halo is game of the century (even with its bugs and freezes and limited storyline)! Even to a person that dislikes FPS's.

Better look elsewhere.  <_<

is lucasarts incapable of making a good game now? battlefront was crap, kotor2 was rushed, and now it seems republic commando is crap. mercenaries looks decent, but with the lucasarts tag on it, im a little worried and will wait for more reviews before attempting that one. :alien:

Better look elsewhere.  <_<

is lucasarts incapable of making a good game now? battlefront was crap, kotor2 was rushed, and now it seems republic commando is crap. mercenaries looks decent, but with the lucasarts tag on it, im a little worried and will wait for more reviews before attempting that one. :alien:

heh Night,

Maybe my opinion differs them others but I always found LA games to be poor far as Star Wars was concerned. I would never even have gotten KotOR1 if not because of a very persuasive sales guy (and fact I grew up ion Edmonton and know some folks associated to Bioware). LA being involved really made me hoooo and hummmm tho before buying it (obviously glad I did).

So for me anyways (again just my opinion), KotOR series is the change from normal operating standards, rather then other way around.

Course that could also be just I hate FPS type games as the norm and thats what Star Wars for the most part seems to like their games to be.