• Nar Shadaa
    • Korriban
    • Telos
    • Peragus
    • Onderon
    • Malachor 5
    • Dantooine

• 2 months later...

I only voted for Peragus because, like Taris in KotOR 1, it reminds me of the first time I played the game. Otherwise, my vote would be for either Nar Shaddaa or Dxun. Wait! I said Dxun, not Onderon. Just Dxun. I say Dxun because the Dxun music was the first music from KotOR 2 that I ever heard, so it reminds me of the time before KotOR 2 came out.

My list:

1. Dxun/Onderon

2. Nar Shaddaa (loads of missions and good stuff but not enough brightness and hapiness that makes Dxun/Onderon fun)

3. Telos (Citadel Station short and only 50% interesting, planet surface was fun, but to bad you can't go back, academy was boring)

4. Dantooine (Just way worse than KOTOR1's Dantooine, and also a lot shorter)

5. Peragus (Far too long for a begin planet, Taris in KOTOR1 might be longer, but was a lot more interesting because of the many layers in the city, the tension between the gangs, and the many more NPC's to deal with)

6. Korriban (The best parts from KOTOR1's Korriban were cut)

7. Malachor V (marked as the planet for a perfectly bad end..., and way too many things cut out before and after)

Onderon/Dxun. Too bad the missions there were so short. I'd love to see more of the planets.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

Let me just say I hated none of the worlds. In fact, with a few exceptions I loved them all. They all had a unique feel to them. However, if I had to choose I'd easily go with Nar Shardaa or Taris (about a tie there). There is just something incomprehensibly wonderful about towering mountain-high skyscrapers...

In terms of environment, history, and culture though I have to say KOTOR II gave me an irreversible interest in Onderon and its history. I mean, how can a planet with such cultural divisions, Byzantine conspiracies, and Sith Lords not be interesting. Plus, Dxun, which kind of counts as Onderon being they're moon and planet, was really interesting too (I enjoyed getting along with Mandalorians this time round).

In addition, I did not dislike Peragus or Malachor like most of the people here. I thought Peragus was a wonderful and unique introduction to the TSL universe that struck me as more like something out of the Alien movies than the Original Trilogy. I love seeing that dark side of Star Wars (and the music :p),

And, in terms of Malachor, I admit that the level seemed a little confusing but I just kind of filled in the blank spaces that were cut out with my own imagination (easy for me I guess, I'm that kind of person that fills in plot holes). And you have to admit that Malachor wasn't really any less interesting than the Star Forge.

In fact, I'd dare say that in terms of background Malachor is more interesting as it seems to be an interesting and mysterious world. An unknown Sith Academy, a surface that destroyed the armies of the Mandalorians, held together at this point only through the dark side...

Anyhow, that's just my 10 cents.

I liked Nar Shaddaa. (either that or Onderon)

I'm also in the group that found Nar Shaddaa to be the Taris equivalent of K1 (side quests of all lengths, lots of classic LS or DS choices).

Seeing the changed worlds of Dantooine and Korriban were interesting, but I guess I'm just a fan of the RPG-talkabout-interaction style.

Peragus would be my last choice...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Onderon/Dxun - Had more fun there then anywhere else.

I have a really dumb question about Onderon. I just wrapped up a game where I was playing as a Sith Lord but I still ended up supporting the Queen and sending Master Kavar to Dantooine, even though I wanted to support Vaklu.

Did I miss something?

I'm sure there was something you have to do or a certain dialogue option you have to choose to trigger the support of Vaklu, but I was watching closely and I missed it. Even after the confrontation in the Queen's throne room and you have the option to either kill Vaklu right there, or differ to the queen's judgement.

And then I didn't have the option to kill Kavar while we were talking.

Huh? :blink:

I had the same situation as you, except in reverse. I was playing lightside and accidentally killed the guard captain who was guarding the sky ramp. so from then on, the entire onderon quest was geared towards siding with vaklu, even though I arrived there as a lightsider and met kavar in the iziz cantina. When combat mode triggered in that scene and i had to fight vaklu's guards, he came running in and said that there was a mistake and that I had done things to support his side (that is, killing the guard captain).

So even if u kill one guard captain, u'll automatically switch to vaklu's side, even if u tell the guys outside the sky ramp that you support queen talia.

It was a bad mistake, i played all the way to killing queen talia before I realised there was no going back. so i had to replay onderon, korriban, the tomb on dxun before i could finally kill vaklu to achieve the proper lightside objective. :(

so yes, all u have to do is kill one of the guard captains to get the darkside quest.

my favourite planet was telos. the sidequests there were the most coherent, and you could travel using the monitor. I found the ones on nar shadaa didn't make much linking sense, as you couldn't see how they all related to each under, unlike on telos. I spent a lot of time there wandering around, which made it worse considering I didn't fix the airspeeder :(

I don't get it...why could you like Nar Shadda when you compare it to the descritions of the vertical city in all the novels, comics and so on? I was disgusted! Nar Shadda is the planet I hate the most. It was all-in-all grey, lifeless (yes, it may fit to Nar Shaddas backstory but think of the Han Solo-Trilogy.

The planet is often described as a "run-down version of Coruscant"...oh my god I hope they don't try to realize Coruscant with that lovelessness. :angry:

And the quests...yeah, they are so great that you even can not finish them^^. Damn, I hate Nar Shadda.

The planet of my choice is Dantooine, especially in KotOR I it was lively, interesting with good quests and the chrystal cavern. In part II it's not as good as it was in I, but still good enough to beat the other planets, because there were too many interesting quests plus the chrystal cavern. :)

(I would have enjoyed to find more than only one cavern, in KotOR I I hoped to find a cavern on every planet^^)

It's difficult to pick a 'favorite' planet, because there are so many different considerations. All in all, the game did a good job of making the worlds feel different from each other, in regards to culture and atmosphere. But it's almost impossible to compare them, because they reflect the type of colony they are--the space stations are a mixture of races and develop no character of their own, the mining colony has a specific purpose, etc. Malachor is just plain eerie, and since its largest population share is held by ghosts, I don't consider it a 'planet' in the same sense.

If you're talking about the number of quests, definitely Nar Shaddaa. It is also way up there in terms of atmosphere. A seedy, smelly, ugly place, all of the sentients grasping for power and money, humans the minority (and comparatively weak to other species). The dumpster of the universe, where most people are stuck because there's noplace lower to fall. I don't like it, but that's probably because it reminds me too much of places I've been in RL. So I guess that means as a planet, it was a success.

BTW--did anybody else try to forcibly rescue the kidnapped daughter, then immediately want to put her back the second she opened her mouth? And how about that faithful husband? Tell him he should give up, and he laughs and runs off, happy as a clam. ;)"

Onderon represents a proud culture in danger of having its individuality absorbed by the Republic. But while his heart is in the right place in defending and preserving that, Vaklu is being extremely short-sighted. No planet can survive as an island unto itself; they would be among the first to fall to any threat, and no one would care. As young and arrogantly annoying as she is, Talia is right.

Seeing Dantooine and Korriban again was nice. They've changed ... but yet they haven't. (Even in terms of an ATI graphics card). It's a nice turnaround that we're using the Matale estate as a government center. I know this place!

The restoration zones on Telos' surface are extremely beautiful and interesting. The message is hope, with the mercs and Czerka representing a very real threat.

But my vote has to go to Dxun. That's where I go to rest up. It's easy on the eyes (especially after Nar Shaddaa!), its sense of history powerful and compelling. I want to explore, and dig out more of its secrets. But at the same time, it's a place of the past, and it would be easy to get stuck living there. Like the Mandalorians.

I have a really dumb question about Onderon. I just wrapped up a game where I was playing as a Sith Lord but I still ended up supporting the Queen and sending Master Kavar to Dantooine, even though I wanted to support Vaklu.

Did I miss something?

On the other hand, I tried to side with the Queen and I ended up siding with Vaklu, and my Light Side game got a mess since I had to kill the other Jedi Masters after that in Dantooine. :S

Peragus - Just bland. It seemed like an extremely long tutorial to me.

Telos - Interesting to see Carth's homeworld. The rapid transit system was a good idea that I wish could have featured in other places - Nar Shaddaa, for instance. My second favourite planet.

Onderon/Dxun - my favourite(s). I liked the huge number of EU references. Earning honour with Mandalore was also fun - reminded me of the prestige on KOTOR's Korriban.

Nar Shaddaa - I loved the environment here. There's something about planets/moons covered in skyscrapers. Also enjoyed the size of it and large number of quests.

Dantooine - The defence/attack of/on Khoonda was interesting and relatively non-linear. Added bonus: very few kath hounds!

Korriban - I loved the first Korriban, and coming back to see it in ruins and abandoned was depressing. It also seemed too short. The tomb of Ludo Kressh, however, was very well done.

Onderon/Dxun. Onderon's my fav, too bad it was too small and too little sidequests. Oh all right - no sidequests. I liked the feel of the planet on the whole though. The second part where you have to split your party was definitely the best.

Nar Shaddaa would share the first place with Onderon. In terms of storytelling and sidequests it's the most developed planet. Kreia's occasional interferences were also very cool.

Ehh can't decide which one I like more. :D

Peragus - lame, hate it when there's zero interaction (interacting with the consoles doesn't count) and you have to run around all by yourself.

Telos - not too bad really. Liked the Ithorian quests and Telos Polar Academy.

Korriban - meh, too empty. The only interesting bit is where you get to enter the tomb in the shyrack cave.

Dantooine - boring. Didn't like it the first time too much, no more I do now.

Malachor V - got some properly creepy poisonous atmosphere. But that's about it.

I thought Dxun/Onderon was the best. From the battle circle to destroying a whole whack of droids and inciting a riot. It was fun. Plus the Ossus Keeper robes were a nice bonus.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I liked Korriban, even tho it was a bit empty...it was supposed to be, it's a graveyard world...and it was done much better than mal v...I hated that level.....

But I thought Korriban was done very Star warsy...and Very Epic....that's why I liked it...

the jedi u go to see is killed...and u slowly find out WHY...and that leads to ur first fight with Sion...very cool...and Sions words were so EVIL...I murder him as if he was her child and break her..or something like that....and I liked the Secret tomb....it was amazing...all the visions of how u were converted to join the war....seeing revan...and urself by revans side, corrupted by the darkside....and then the whole thing about kreia and ur party and who u side with was awesome....and the little brief description of Korriban by Kreia was neat, even tho I knew all that stuff already it was cool because it showed kreias vast knowledge and repsect/interest in the Sith and it makes u think...hehe....

And then also just the nostalgia and thinking of my past memories of Korriban academy and what I did there in KOTOR 1...goodtimes

I voted Nar Shaddaa. Mira was right, there is a certain energy about it. And with the way the quests work, as soon as you land you're caught up in a landslide of action that doesn't seem to stop until you're ready to leave the planet (Red Eclipse battle, message from Visquis, Jekk Jekk Tar battle, Visquis' hideout battle, Escape from Goto's yacht, and meeting/killing Zez Kai Ell).

Second would be Onderon/Dxun. Dxun is one of the most physically beautiful of all the planets with its lush jungles and waterfalls, and working with the Mandalorians provided for an entirely new dynamic (whereas in Kotor 1 you were always fighting them). The best part about Onderon or Iziz for me was when you're actually engaged in the assault on the palace to either protect the Queen or help Vaklu kill her. The palace's interior was gorgeous, and that whole sequence had a lot of excitement to it.

I liked the others equally, with the exception of Malachor V maybe only because so much was cut from it.

Well, here goes my summary.

Peragus: Bad. You're joking, right? It only got interesting while aboard the harbinger. Droid after droid. How fun. ;)

Telos: Average. Wasn't bad, but resolving Telos' problems isn't something i'd want to do if I had a pick.

Dxun: Great. They did well on Dxun, like the Korriban prestige deal in Kotor 1, this reminded me of it but was better.

Onderon: Average. It was pretty damn boring resolving the whole Capt. Solio murder deal. If the city wasn't well designed, it'd be bad.

Nar Shaddaa: Average. Was a long and dragging planet, didn't care about the whole GO-TO deal.

Dantooine: Slighty higher than average. Definetly not as good as Kotor 1, especially the horrible music, but it wasn't too bad.

Korriban: Slighty higher than average. Like Dantooine, not as good as in Kotor 1. I mean, the only thing of interest there is fighting sion and exploring the tomb.

Malachor V: Bad. Ok, you go around a dead, maze planet and fight storm beasts, including one insane monster storm beast, and then when you finally get into the academy, you find out that all the rooms look exactly the SAME. How fun, eh? On top of that, the friggen Sith Marauders look like the Kotor 1 stand-in's, and all the dark apprenntices look the same too. If I wanted to face the exact same enemies over and over, i'd play the Jedi Knight series. <_<

Uh... Ebon Hawk: Great. :o