1. 1. Favorite planet in K2?

• Nar Shadaa
    • Korriban
    • Telos
    • Peragus
    • Onderon
    • Malachor 5
    • Dantooine

Which planet in Kotor II was your favorite? Personally I really liked Nar Shadaa, Kotor II's equalent (Or however you spell that) of Taris, only with even more missions! Also the planet where you get Mira. :)

Least favorite was probably Korriban, so...empty. Oh, and Malachor 5. <_<

Nar Shaddaa, but it would have been infinetly better if it had been bigger with more choices.

Korriban, Peragus, and Malachor V all were too deserted which is why Istruggled thorugh the first part of the game because there was no interaction, and that was a need that always has to be filled.

Dxun and Onderon were okay, in my opinion.

Telos and Dantooine, very nice.

i voted onderon, but nar shadaa was a close second. i thought both those planets were new and fresh and had the most to do. telos wasn't bad and probably ranks third on my list.

i disliked korriban. it was basically a rehash of the previous game, without the actual quests in to the tombs and the landing area. it was boring, even though you get to "revisit" your past and see malak with his jaw still intact and face "revan". the sith academy part was for the most part just boring.

i liked dantooine better in kotor1. the mercenaries were cool, but the rest was rather boring.

peragus was dull. i think it was due to barely any npc interaction available, except for the holo vids (which were cool). it seemed to just drag on and on for too long.

malachor v was much like the star forge in that it felt like a big jumbled combat mess. while it was fun fighting the sith lords and marauders and whatnot, the "story" had been told and there werent any real quests left, which is what i play these games for. for simple combat it was good, but for advancing the story through quests and interaction, it was boring.

all in all, i think the game felt smaller to me because they reused 2 planets, both of which were smaller (or seemed smaller and less things to do) than in kotor1, and the first "planet" was like a drawn out tutorial. basically the only planets i truly enjoyed were onderon/dxun, nar shadaa, and telos. so apart from those three, the planets were either disappointing or just boring.

My favorite was definitly Nar Shadda. Koribban could have been really cool but there wasn't enough to do. It had a lot of potential, I mean it is where all of the old Sith Lords are burried (except Naga Sadow). If they had made it bigger it would have had a greater feeling of solitude.

Onderon/Dxun - Had more fun there then anywhere else.

I have a really dumb question about Onderon. I just wrapped up a game where I was playing as a Sith Lord but I still ended up supporting the Queen and sending Master Kavar to Dantooine, even though I wanted to support Vaklu.

Did I miss something?

I'm sure there was something you have to do or a certain dialogue option you have to choose to trigger the support of Vaklu, but I was watching closely and I missed it. Even after the confrontation in the Queen's throne room and you have the option to either kill Vaklu right there, or differ to the queen's judgement.

And then I didn't have the option to kill Kavar while we were talking.

Huh? :rolleyes:

hmmm...

The only things I remember doing were:

Supporting the movement against the queen with that crowd of people.

Killing the guards for that one woman.

Telling those two guys that I supported Vaklu that you meet when next to the sky ramp.

When Vaklu's guys showed up in the bar while meeting with Kavar, I told them that I wanted to kill him after he ran away.

Used battle meditation for Vaklu's troops in the throne room.

I don't recall doing anything else "special". Kavar told the queen he feared for their safety or something like that, because "an old apprentice had returned".

When I met Kavar in the throne room, he knew I was there to slaughter him.

I have a really dumb question about Onderon.  I just wrapped up a game where I was playing as a Sith Lord but I still ended up supporting the Queen and sending Master Kavar to Dantooine, even though I wanted to support Vaklu.

Did I miss something?

I'm sure there was something you have to do or a certain dialogue option you have to choose to trigger the support of Vaklu, but I was watching closely and I missed it.  Even after the confrontation in the Queen's throne room and you have the option to either kill Vaklu right there, or differ to the queen's judgement.

Huh? :rolleyes:

there were quite a few instances where you could support vaklu. number one, inciting the rioter. also, convincing those two conversationalists that vaklu was better, plus agreeing with canderous/mandalore about vaklu being the right choice. then youd have that agent of vaklu ask you to remove 3 of the guard captains. do that and again you lean towards vaklu. then right when you meet kavar in the cantina and vaklu's men intercept, agree to side with him.

im sure there are other instances, but those come to mind. its actually quite easy to side with him.

I have a really dumb question about Onderon.  I just wrapped up a game where I was playing as a Sith Lord but I still ended up supporting the Queen and sending Master Kavar to Dantooine, even though I wanted to support Vaklu.

Did I miss something?

I'm sure there was something you have to do or a certain dialogue option you have to choose to trigger the support of Vaklu, but I was watching closely and I missed it.  Even after the confrontation in the Queen's throne room and you have the option to either kill Vaklu right there, or differ to the queen's judgement.

Huh? :blink:

there were quite a few instances where you could support vaklu. number one, inciting the rioter. also, convincing those two conversationalists that vaklu was better, plus agreeing with canderous/mandalore about vaklu being the right choice. then youd have that agent of vaklu ask you to remove 3 of the guard captains. do that and again you lean towards vaklu. then right when you meet kavar in the cantina and vaklu's men intercept, agree to side with him.

im sure there are other instances, but those come to mind. its actually quite easy to side with him.

Like I said, it was probably a dumb question. But I totally did everything you said to do. I supported the rioter, convinced the conversationalist to side with Vaklu. I gained influence with Mandalore by siding with Vaklu, and I killed the guards. But in the Cantina, (again maybe I just didn't read carefully enough) I didn't see the option to side with Vaklu.

Oh, well, guess I'll just have to play it again. o:)

My K1 & K2 Planet Ranking, :p :

1. Taris - KotOR

2. Korriban - KotOR

3. Onderon/Dxun - TSL

4. Nar Shadaa - TSL

5. Tatooine - KotOR

6. Telos - TSL

7. Manaan - KotOR

8. Dantooine - KotOR

9. Kashyyyk -KotOR

10. Rakata - KotOR

11. Dantooine - TSL

12. Korriban - TSL

13. Malachor V - TSL

manthing2.jpg

My K1 & K2 Planet Ranking,  :)  :

7.  Manaan  - KotOR             

8.  Dantooine  - KotOR   

How can you place Manaan over Dantooine? I couldn't stand those fish staring at me and telling me to follow their stupid laws. :thumbsup:

There was plenty to do on Manann, and it had a different feel than the other planets. Observing the Sith and Republic co-existing had it's facinating touches as well. Then the pace completely shifted from a calm, surreal surface to the intensity of the underwater station. As for the 'fish' themselves, they were the best modeled aliens in the whole game. Dantooine on the other hand was relatively boring.

manthing2.jpg

I would have to say that Korriban is my favirote planet for the sheer fact that you can level up to level 40 there in the unknown tomb where you face the exils past memeries.

The room that you find the dead Jedi in, just search it over and over to spawn multiple Hssiss dragons. Each one gives you 400 exp and if you have a strong force storm or death field, then you can level up to level 40 in under ten minuets! (w00t)

If your lightside, its just best to spawn maybe six to ten at a time until you get to level 40. Takes longer but it works.