I was bored, so I drew an orc.

Kalesar

Sometimes I get the urge to kill my brother .. because he can draw like this ..

the bas****! :)

Although it's quite useful since I can use his skills to illustrate some of my writings ..

post-5477-1106840265_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1106840276_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1106840744_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

I really like the drawing of the guy with the lantern; it has a really great style and feeling. The girl with the swords is well done but fairly typical in it's presentation - it doesn't have the character the other illustration has.

newlogo.gif

thanks .. but I'm not that good .. my brother did those!

I do paint however (don't know why I can't draw!!).. and made these .. :p but it's very hard and I still need to learn some of the basic techniques! (like frontal faces)

post-5477-1106851026_thumb.jpg

post-5477-1106851044_thumb.jpg

Fortune favors the bald.

You've got a very nice colour/texture technique in the more abstract areas of your work; try and carry that into your work with faces. The hard lines of the face in the first image don't work as well as those nice textures you've got as background and border segments.

newlogo.gif

Welll, Poo, if you don't like his art and think that he is a talentless boob, lets see you do better.

ah, the old "make something better yourself" argument, thought we had enough of that one after the NWN debacle

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

If people can use it against me I can use it against others. Actually I am looking for maps of Neverwinter so I can get a proper rendering of the city with the toolset. I got one of Luskan and Waterdeep, but the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas doesn't have one of Neverwinter, which kind of sucks.

You've got a very nice colour/texture technique in the more abstract areas of your work; try and carry that into your work with faces.

hmm that's actually a good idea ..

The hard lines of the face in the first image don't work as well as those nice textures you've got as background and border segments.

I needed to make him stand out .. and kinda move out of the background, and the only way to do that was to make the lines harder in the face .. that caused him to get a kinda 3d effect .. but in future works I'll take that into consideration ..

thanks for the advice .. :p

Fortune favors the bald.

Sometimes I get the urge to kill my brother .. because he can draw like this ..

the bas****!  :p

Although it's quite useful since I can use his skills to illustrate some of my writings ..

Those are sweet. I can never get shading done that well. Even when I have something to look at to see the shading I can never get it to look right.

post-2749-1106855409_thumb.jpg

This was one I did from highschool with an ink pen. So many dots.... Drove me nuts. My instructor said that I wasnt done yet but my hand felt differently. It didnt want to move anymore. In it, at least the shading is in the right places. Unlike the other drawings I have posted which has lights where there shouldnt be any.

omg the time that must have taken a long time.. :lol:

but it looks great though, and shadows are good! I definitely like the style, but (as I guess is the point) it looks much better from a distance ..

Fortune favors the bald.

Rosbjerg, I must say I really like your work, I find the color tones very pleasing

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

thanks .. the funny thing is that I'm colorblind .. (rather extreme actually) and people always say I have an interesting choice of colour!

I hope it helps me like in Beethoven's case .. :D

Fortune favors the bald.

Ok gonna try a different approach. Draw with no shading or color and then print off copies to color. Got a new dwarf that I'm gonna try this with.

post-2749-1106875895_thumb.jpg

Why is it always dual wielding drow? Why never a dual axe weilding dwarf? Ok, ok.. so there was Gimli. Still trying to decide on how I want to have this guys personality in the modules I plan to make. But pretty sure he is going to be heavy on the dual weild feats. Just seems odd though that one of the stout folk would ever be more dexterous than strong or durable.

These aren't mine, this is my friend Andy's work. He's good.

The terminator, Predator, and Optimus Prime he did in photoshop with a tablet, the pheonix I believe was black pen, scanned, and colored in photoshop, and the monkey king was just a pencil drawing.

The optimus prime makes a good desktop image.

post-296-1106885276_thumb.jpg

post-296-1106885302_thumb.jpg

post-296-1106885463_thumb.jpg

post-296-1106885498_thumb.jpg

post-296-1106885554_thumb.jpg

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

My son drew my favorite Sith Lords NPC... Bao Dur  :rolleyes:

Your son may have a future in advertising

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.