I was bored, so I drew an orc.

Kalesar

Drew another pic. On a roll now. Decided since I have forever till NWN2 (forever because I am extremely impatient) I would draw schetches of the people I plan to use as NPCs in mods I plan to make.

post-2749-1105991888_thumb.jpg

This guy was originaly inspired by one of my friends characters that he used during our PnP sessions a few years back. I have made some adjustments. He was origanaly a specialty priest of Azuth and was known amongst our little group as THE Magistrati, since we only ever had one... Otherwise known as Lucas. His hair, my friend explained was magicaly enchanted similar to a bag of holding... Thus we called it... The Hair of Holding. There he kept things like small wands. magic components, small gems and such. Eventualy he had reached a level in high teens and was in command of a sort of theives guild in Sigil. My friend called them the South Side Sigilites.... Clueless prime I thought... Sigil has no south side... He of course would proudly proclaim, "thats the whole point.. that way the 'man' (referring to the harmonium) would never find their hideout"... Shortly after I proclaimed that this session of characters should be retired, ocasionaly using the silly gang and its even more silly leader for NPCs.

In one of my modules I have planned the character Lucas will be changed to a theif with some magic devices. Possibly posing as a Magistrati using his use magical device to appear as such a character to the clueless population of a small Cormyr farming community.

Those pictures have a very cool feel to them, especially the second one you posted. I am not an art major, but I think that your drawings could come more to life if you took a sharper lead and experimented with etching out some finer details.

~DX

...Randy Moss???... :thumbsup:

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

cool drawings. :thumbsup:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Those pictures have a very cool feel to them, especially the second one you posted.  I am not an art major, but I think that your drawings could come more to life if you took a sharper lead and experimented with etching out some finer details.

~DX

It looks like he's using pastels to color, which could be taking away some of the detail

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think you did best on the Orc because of the nose. The orc nose worked well with your style, while the human noses are too prominant. The hard straight lines for the bridge with the large nostrils stand out a little too much. Also, the eyes are too simple. With the orc, they were colored in so they weren't as noticable, with the rest, they're big white ovals. But you manage to pull off hands really well, I still can't do good hands.

Devastatorsig.jpg

i'm pretty sure i wrote a reply in this thread a few hours ago but i guess someone disapproved of my post.

i don't really understand why it was deleted though, the guy obviously wanted people to comment on his 'drawings' and that's what i did

let me restate that i think they show a complete lack of talent (assuming they were made by an adult), but i don't think that lack of talent should stop anyone from painting since it can be a wonderful form of therapy

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!

i'm pretty sure i wrote a reply in this thread a few hours ago but i guess someone disapproved of my post.

i don't really understand why it was deleted though, the guy obviously wanted people to comment on his 'drawings' and that's what i did

let me restate that i think they show a complete lack of talent (assuming they were made by an adult),  but i don't think that lack of talent should stop anyone from painting since it can be a wonderful form of therapy

?

I did expect someone being a critic. But in order to be a critic I would think you would have to state why it shows no talent. And I didn't paint them. <sarcasm> Being such a great judge of artistic talent, I would have expected you to see that. </sarcasm>

I know that these arn't great masterpeices. At no point did I ever claim that I was a great artist. I just wanted to share my pictures with a comunity who I thought would like them.

To come to a gaming message board and attack someone with such insults as "complete lack of talent" and implying that they need therapy tells me that you are the one in need of therapy.

let me restate that i think they show a complete lack of talent (assuming they were made by an adult),  but i don't think that lack of talent should stop anyone from painting since it can be a wonderful form of therapy

It art classes we were taught that when offering criticism, you tell the person what is crap, then tell them whats good, so they know whats wrong, without being discouraged. You don't just tell them they suck and leave it at that.

Devastatorsig.jpg

well isn't this ironic, now the thread has been moved to a newly created forum called "art styles"

dunno if bad art is an actual style, but a blue canvas is called abstract expressionism, so why not

well, i guess that's it, keep em coming

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!