My new Rig for KOTOR 2

Thats nice  :luck:

I can't OC my CPU or FSB because I have a Dell (grrr....). Asus is the best motherboard, and video card manufacturer in my opinion and they allow tremendous overclocking.

That Corsair ram you have there, is it DDR2 or DDR. Also, is your 6800 GT PCI-E or AGP 8x? Not familliar w/ the P4C-800 thats all. Ofcourse, I'd buy a P5AD2 Premium. That one has innate DDR2 600 but I could probably support DDR2 800 aswell once it comes out.

PS: How much did you blow on that rig? :)

actually it's just DDR it's dualchannel 400(2x200), it's 2x512MB ram

and the 6800 is AGP 8x, PX is too pointless in my opinion right now anyway, plus i bought my card before they even invented PX. And believe me when I say, Gainward is also a great G-card manu. that allows huge OC's, the stock on my GT was 350/1000, and I can run it at 445/1185, I consider that pretty damn good. lol, I can run it at 450/1200, however after about 20 minutes artifacts start up. I'll have to add it all up again to tell you how much it all cost, without the new monitor prolly around $2500, or less, I got a ton of really nice deals.

Hmm... I thought the P4C-800 had the 915 Chipset... hmm... oh well, thats still a nice system.

I can overclock my GTO to 420/1150 w/o any artifacting but right now I'm happy w/ 375/1000. I also got the extra pipes unlocked so I don't want to push it any farther now. Maybe once I get the NV Silencer 5 I'll be able to go to 450/1200. The reason I don't want to go to so high is because the Ultra's fan is twice the size of a GT fan so it can take the higher clockspeeds. The GTO card uses the stock GT fan so I'm afraid of going too high. I can do 400/1.1 pretty easily but I don't see the need for it now. What core temps is your card reporting? I'm under the impression that the GTO is waaay hotter than it should be. I idle at 55 degress which is quite high if you ask me...

btw, as opposed to getting 3 HDDs, why didn't you just get 2 74GB 10k RPM SATAs? That way, you can get 148 GB of fast storage and you could put those in Raid 1 or 0 (depending on what you want, reliability or performance). I know that 2 of these would be 550 CAD so it would be around 450 US... The Windows XP Install time on this HD is something like 6 minutes so a higher price is justifiable.

in regaurds to the temps, idle is about 49 to 51, and don't really know about load, never really used anything to check. luckilly the GAINWARD, hehe, comes "stock" with a copper heatsink, and two nice fans hooked on, so it's keeps quite cool.

yeah the P4C800 "Deluxe" is just a 478 er whatever [socket 478 Intel 875P]

(hey, I like it, lol) web site here

and with the HDDs, well, before "I was in the know," about PC's, like back in 2002 I got a dell, it was decent, and i've been adding and building on to it, when I got the new mobo, i got a new case, then went nuts with upgrades like every two months. So bassically, initially I had the 40 in there when I got it, then I got an extra 60 for some added space. Now, I totally would have gone right out and bought 2 Raptors and gone a "screaming" as my friend calls it, but it would have been a total waste of money, because I'd never use the other drives, so I just got another 60 and RAID'd em, way more cost efficient, plus in a few years, the'll have 200TB drives at 5billion RPMs, so i'm not worried, I'll get some better drives when I get the money, all of ine is gone as of now, lol. Believe me, I would kill someone to get two of the 74 10kRPM drives, or maybe 4 or 5, then get a new mobo, prolly go dual Xeon's, 8GB of PQI RAM setup a delicious RAID 5....... so don't have the money, lol, too bad ey, heh, my comp is way too nice as it is, any faster is almost unnoticable, I can always find way simpler ways to get a few more frames lol, and I'm not currently ripping movies, or encoding vids, or music, or doing any 3d/cad/rendering or any kind, so I think word/pp/xl and games'll run just fine, lol, though I need to test out that new version of Firefox, looks nice. haha, later.

in regaurds to the temps, idle is about 49 to 51, and don't really know about load, never really used anything to check. luckilly the GAINWARD, hehe, comes "stock" with a copper heatsink, and two nice fans hooked on, so it's keeps quite cool.

You're lucky that you have Gainward's cooling system. In my opinion, its the best one you can get besides things like the NV Silencer 5. I've seen the card and wish they had a PCI-e variant so I could grab one. :D

The stock GT cooling sucks... Or just my cooling :-

You're lucky that you have Gainward's cooling system. In my opinion, its the best one you can get besides things like the NV Silencer 5. I've seen the card and wish they had a PCI-e variant so I could grab one. :D

The stock GT cooling sucks... Or just my cooling :)

Gainward actually does! they do have a PCI Express version, GT only though, and I'm not sure if it's up for SLI, I'll check though.

here's their sight for it: click

erg... I could find absolutelly none of them online, crudness, maybe in a few months.

The PC market is so unpredictable. Its annoying.

I wouldn't mind if they gave me a 99% discount on all items purchased :(

The best place for discounts is Dell unless you own your own computer manufacturing business or know someone very very well... In October, they were offering 40% discounts and a free flat panel. In November, it was 30%. Now they are offering 25% of notebooks and 10% off desktops. Wait a week or two, the offers will change. You can get your dream system from Dell : 3.6 GHz Extreme Edition, 4GB of DDR2-533, X850 XT PE... *drools*

PS: I got an alienware laptop as a gift, it came fully loaded w/ 1.5GB Ram, 3.4GHz EE, and a 6800 Go card. I tried running it on batteries and they died within 2 hours. Never go for alienware if you actually want to USE your computer where there is no wall outlet...

I like the dark gray case.  How much do they cost?  I need to get a new computer eventually.  At least a new power supply box.  250 watts is not going to cut it.  I need a good 600 watts power box.

Hades, I found the Grey Case you were looking for. Its $99 from www.buyxg.com but its w/o a PSU.

Link

That is okay. Unless it has a 600 I was going to ditch it and get a 600.

My computers CPU is a neuralnet processor, a learning computer...

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The PC market is so unpredictable. Its annoying.

I wouldn't mind if they gave me a 99% discount on all items purchased :p

The best place for discounts is Dell unless you own your own computer manufacturing business or know someone very very well... In October, they were offering 40% discounts and a free flat panel. In November, it was 30%. Now they are offering 25% of notebooks and 10% off desktops. Wait a week or two, the offers will change. You can get your dream system from Dell : 3.6 GHz Extreme Edition, 4GB of DDR2-533, X850 XT PE... *drools*

PS: I got an alienware laptop as a gift, it came fully loaded w/ 1.5GB Ram, 3.4GHz EE, and a 6800 Go card. I tried running it on batteries and they died within 2 hours. Never go for alienware if you actually want to USE your computer where there is no wall outlet...

hey if you don't want the laptop give me your e-mail address and I'll give you my home address and i'll pay for shipping, hehe :p

but serisously, if you don't want it, I'll be glad to have it, I'd love to have a laptop... lol.

Are we talking Celsius here because if we are that is running hot for a p4 at idle. mine runs at 41 C

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

Are we talking Celsius here because if we are that is running hot for a p4 at idle. mine runs at 41 C

haha, nope I was talkin about my 6800, my cpu usually idle at like 40 yeah.

Wait...GPU core temp. or Ambient temp.? My core's at 63 C and ambient's at 41 C...idle...Gainwards normal ole 6800, overclocked to 355/855...

Nice cases, btw, and you guys seriously know how to make an avid gamer jealous...what with your amd 64 bit processors...RAM...computers that run decently....and....with your.......your make-out parties...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Wait...GPU core temp. or Ambient temp.? My core's at 63 C and ambient's at 41 C...idle...Gainwards normal ole 6800, overclocked to 355/855...

Nice cases, btw, and you guys seriously know how to make an avid gamer jealous...what with your amd 64 bit processors...RAM...computers that run decently....and....with your.......your make-out parties...

GPU Temperature - 6800 GTO (softmod to 16/6 and OC to 400/1.1)

Idle

Core : 57C

Ambient : 42C

Load

Core : 65C - 85C (Depending on the game)

Ambient : 50C - 57C

Its a bit high which is why I'm considering getting the NV Silencer 5. The only problem is I'll have to get a replacement bracket which very few places carry. My card is a 2 slot solution so the exhaust system won't be much of use if its being blocked...

Out of curiousity...and this is going to show my lack of knowledge...which is more important in terms of game performance, core clock, or memory? On a side note...just figured out i could get the core to 400mhz, safely...and only drop the memory by 5mhz to compensate.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Out of curiousity...and this is going to show my lack of knowledge...which is more important in terms of game performance, core clock, or memory? On a side note...just figured out i could get the core to 400mhz, safely...and only drop the memory by 5mhz to compensate.

Using stock 6800 or 6800GT cooling, you can go safely up to 420/1150 w/ all 16 pipes and not having any heating issues. Ofcourse, if you have the ultra fan which is twice the size, you can go up by quite a bit. You can do around 460/1220 which is pretty damn good. IMO, the Gainward cooling system is the best. It is dual slot even for the GT and has 2 huge fans not to mention an exhaust.

Compare

FrontB.jpg

with

rev-6800gtpcie-boardSM.jpg

Now you see why I favour Gainward...

By the way, I think that memory is slightly more important than core clock as the eVGA 6800 Ultra Extreme Edition which has a core clock 80MHz lower than the X800 XT PE still beats the X800 XT PE. The difference between the memory is 60MHz. Therefore, I think its safe to assume that if 60MHz of memory makes more of a difference than 80MHz in core clock, Memory speed is more important. Besides, nothing can come close to the 38.4GB/S memory bandwith of the eVGA 6800 Ultra EE besides the X850 XT PE at 37.7GB/S. This is all number crushing and it really has a very small impact on gameplay....

For a little review on the 6800 Ultra EE look here.

I think normal is around 50 C.

well its a little high for idle but if you hit 60 c for your cpu you need to cool it down some. i just got a new heatsink for it and brought my idle down to 37.5 c and 50 c under a fullload. so keep it cool and it will last longer. dont and you have a couple hundred dollar piece of junk.

And i like that video card.

FrontB.jpg

This is what happens when you can't repair HK-47: [Failure] ...aahhhh! What are you doing?! Remove the arc wrench, remove the arc wrench! Medic!

zerodark9.png

Well, I'm trying to avoid a serious artifact problem. Don't wanna go overboard so much that I dimish the visuals :lol: . The reason I said "safely" is because those are the highest settings (400/850) I could get it in the manual clocker...thing...without the tester failing, and I want this baby to last as looooong as possible. Plus, I'm already running up at around 60-65 C as is, since I've only got one fan, not that sweet dual the GT or Ultra have. :lol:

Maybe I should take off the side...and get my desk fan...hmmm...

And I thought the production people turned off the other 4 pipelines on the 6800 vanilla because one, or all of them were faulty...and the use of them could, in fact, damage the card. :ph34r:

- Everlast