My new Rig for KOTOR 2

That motherboard should support Intel's HD Audio, meaning that you can play KotOR 2 with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound :blink:

provided he can actually hear something with that huge fan... :thumbsup:"

These days, integrated sound isn't all that bad. Obviously it won't deliever the performance of an Audigy 2 soundcard but you dont have to spend $80 on the sound card. I would much rather upgrade the video card or get something like a TV Tuner (if not on my video card).

it really isn't too wise to take ATI for NVidia copy cats

I didn't say that they were copy cats but what I said was that they always try to top nVidia by releasing a card with slightly higher specifications. For example, when nVidia released the 6800 Ultra "Extreme Edition", ATi released the X850 series. Infact, the difference between the X800 XT Platinum Edition and the X850 XT Platinum Edition is both the core clock and memory are slightly faster (20 Mhz...) than they are on the X800 XT PE.

Specs:

X800 XT PE 520/1140, 16/6

X850 XT PE 540/1180, 16/6

Not to mention that the 6800 Ultra "Extreme Edition" beat the X800 XT PE in 18/40 game tests, the X800XT PE beat the 6800 Ultra EE in 11/40 game tests and the other 11 were to close to identify a winner.

Thats why I hate ATi.

You'll see, when new new generation games will come out, their computers won't be powerfull enough to make them run properly but it won't be worth buying an other one whereas we, with our poor pc, will play full specs the new games in a few years since we will buy a new one.

Does that mean you'll buy me a new machine? :geek:"

sure, it depends on the exchange rate for US $ to Euro

One of the positive sides of living in a country in the midle of nowhere is that you can get the same for about  600 euro...

And i've got an X800 muhaha;-)

No offence but you should only get an X800 if you buy the top of the line one (Even then I don't think its worth it). An X800 PRO or SE is easily matched by a 6800 GT. A 6800 probably has the same level of performance as a X800 SE but if you unlock the extra pipelines, you will far surpass it since the improvement per clock is 33.333...% approx. While an X800 XL which has 16 pipelines is fast, it delivers the same level of performance as a GT for a higher price. An X800 XT or XT PE beats a 6800 Ultra even but the 6800 Ultra Extreme Edition card beats the XT PE in most games.

The X850 series of cards are virtually the same as the X800 except for a few minor speed adjustments. An X850 XT PE matches or probably beats a 6800 Ultra EE but it costs $800 and only few places actually sell it. Dell has it on their XPS Gen 4 computers. Ofcourse, if you can shell out $800 for a video card, then I would just buy 2 nVidia 6800 series cards. You can even buy 2 standard ones for the same or lower price as an X850 XT PE and get better performance. Ofcourse, you could still buy 2 6800 GT or Ultra cards and get EVEN BETTER performance...

I'm not saying that your card is bad but I'm outlining ATi's limitations.

1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Ram

iCute Case 0408SL-SS500W

Intel D915PGNL Motherboard, DDR400, PCIe

Intel P4-530 3.0GHz 800FSB Prescott CPU

LG DVD Rom Drive 16xDVD

Pioneer 16x Dual Layer DVD Burner - 108

2 x Western Digital Hard Disk -120Gb 2M Cach

Geforce 6800GT PCI-E

=$ 1999

If you are looking for a nice sound solution, I'd reccomend an Audigy 2 ZS and a Z-5300 speaker system. I know a friend who has the Z-5300 and its truly amazing. It retails for around $120 US in most stores. The Audigy 2 card has dropped in price and its now around $70 US. The benefit of the A2 besides having a 7.1 (7.1 systems still expensive though...) sound capable card is the firewire port on the Audigy 2 card. I know that when I bought my computer from Dell, the mobo they gave me had no firewire ports (its their budget version... we're dealing w/ Dell remember?). Anyways, if you have a firewire port, then just stick w/ the Intel audio because the sound card doesnt make as much a difference as the speakers. As long as the card supports 5.1 sound, you'll be good. You don't need to spend $450 and buy a ridiculously overpriced speaker system like the Gigaworks S750 from Creative.

However, if you want a 7.1 system without spending too much money, you can buy the Creative Inspire T-7700 but I'm not sure about their quality. I know they retail for cheap (maybe $80 US... I don't know)

I can play Half-Life 2 just great with my 3-4 year old PC, and the same went for KOTOR 1 and other new games.

So far I can play any game, and I haven't even upgraded, but that's because I don't know how the heck you put all the parts in the PC, I guess I'll have to call some PC-devoted guy for that.

Man, I need a new computer.  My Compaq is old.  *sniff*

Your not the only one with a Compaq here. Mine is like 4 or 6 years old, but finally going to buy a new one in a few weeks. I have also just recently upgrade my video card. GeForce FX 5200 don't know if thats any good compared to the ones mentioned but it works for me.

Haha, that is the ugliest computer case I've ever seen! But the specs of the computer inside are really nice. Very nice GPU!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If youa ssk me, Nvidia cards are better, but not because of their cards. Rather, than drivers are easily more moddable, and people have more experience teaking their drivers. After som stumbling with the 5xxx series of cards, Nvidia is probably getting back on track with the 6xxx series. I have ATI card, and ATI cards no longer deserve reputation they once had; they have great cards with great drivers, but Nvidia narrowly beats, very NARROWLY, in a pinch.

Oh yeah, because game developers often have more experience with Nvidia drivers, they tend to drivers for Nvidia cards. And that's why many games a little bit buggy on ATI cards. :)

Haha, that is the ugliest computer case I've ever seen! But the specs of the computer inside are really nice. Very nice GPU!

I like :

Titanbl.jpg

1001.jpg

1002.jpg

samurai-pic2.jpg

wbSamurai-Yellow.jpg

wbSamurai-Granite.jpg

wbSamurai-Blue.jpg

wbSamurai-Red.jpg

wbSamurai-Silver.jpg

The Raidmax Titan ans Samurai series cases. They come in many colours...

man I lovve the yellow one!

Hmm... the prices really vary. I wouldn't spend more than 100 on a case but that's just my opinion. Something like $110 / $135 with PSU.

Review for the case.

You can buy the case from here. It's $149 but it comes w/ a 480 W PSU.

1021.jpg

Thats beautiful but too much $$$ for me :thumbsup:

I'd rather upgrading the RAM or VC but heh...

I like the dark gray case.  How much do they cost?  I need to get a new computer eventually.  At least a new power supply box.  250 watts is not going to cut it.  I need a good 600 watts power box.

600 Watts?!?! Even an SLI system at max needs only 460 Watts but I'd buy maybe a 480 or 510. Even a Dual XEON SLI wouldn't chew that much power...

:cool: You guys can lick my PC's nuts, hehe, it's is so almost complete...

PSU: Thermaltake 560W(600PK)

MoBo: Asus P4C800-Deluxe

P4 2.8E w/HT at 3.5Ghz(1000FSB)

(Zalman AllCopper HSF)

RAM: Corsair 1024-3200XLPT '2-2-2-5' (will get another set)

Display: Sony GDM-FW900 (look it up, 24" WIDESCREEN pro CRT)

GAINWARD GS 6800GT flashed to Ultra @ 445/1185

Sound: SB Live 5.1! on Logitech Z-680's (tehe, got em for only $200!!)

HardDD: 1 40GB main (100spd), 2 60GB in RAID 0 (133spd)

CD/DVD: RICOH 5125(2.4 blah blah) & LITE-ON SOHR-5238S(52x)

Extra: 7 Zalman Case Fans(80mm)

Logitech MX1000

Semi-Decent TV Card

ahh.... I'm such a fu**ing loser, lol, and no I'm not rich at all, or anywhere near, I just spent all my bloody money, ha.

well, enough bragging, but yeah, I feel proud, I had to actually work for my materpiece, and no I didn't buy a rediculous looking case that would cost $$$$, I just got a rediculously BIG one hehe, later guys, computers are fun, can't wait to play KOTOR2 on my new monitor hehe, played it on my friends xbox.

EDIT: and for your drooling pleasure my monitor hehe: Sony GDM-FW900

:cool: You guys can lick my PC's nuts, hehe, it's is so almost complete...

PSU:    Thermaltake 560W(600PK)

MoBo:  Asus P4C800-Deluxe

P4 2.8E w/HT at 3.5Ghz(1000FSB)

(Zalman AllCopper HSF)

RAM:    Corsair 1024-3200XLPT '2-2-2-5' (will get another set)

Display: Sony GDM-FW900 (look it up, 24" WIDESCREEN pro CRT)

GAINWARD GS 6800GT flashed to Ultra @ 445/1185

Sound:  SB Live 5.1! on Logitech Z-680's (tehe, got em for only $200!!)

HardDD: 1 40GB main (100spd), 2 60GB in RAID 0 (133spd)

CD/DVD: RICOH 5125(2.4 blah blah) & LITE-ON SOHR-5238S(52x)

Extra:      7 Zalman Case Fans(80mm)

Logitech MX1000

Semi-Decent TV Card

ahh.... I'm such a fu**ing loser, lol, and no I'm not rich at all, or anywhere near, I just spent all my bloody money, ha.

well, enough bragging, but yeah, I feel proud, I had to actually work for my materpiece, and no I didn't buy a rediculous looking case that would cost $$$$, I just got a rediculously BIG one hehe, later guys, computers are fun, can't wait to play KOTOR2 on my new monitor hehe, played it on my friends xbox.

EDIT: and for your drooling pleasure my monitor hehe: Sony GDM-FW900

Thats nice :(

I can't OC my CPU or FSB because I have a Dell (grrr....). Asus is the best motherboard, and video card manufacturer in my opinion and they allow tremendous overclocking.

That Corsair ram you have there, is it DDR2 or DDR. Also, is your 6800 GT PCI-E or AGP 8x? Not familliar w/ the P4C-800 thats all. Ofcourse, I'd buy a P5AD2 Premium. That one has innate DDR2 600 but I could probably support DDR2 800 aswell once it comes out.

PS: How much did you blow on that rig? :)

Thats nice  :luck:

I can't OC my CPU or FSB because I have a Dell (grrr....). Asus is the best motherboard, and video card manufacturer in my opinion and they allow tremendous overclocking.

That Corsair ram you have there, is it DDR2 or DDR. Also, is your 6800 GT PCI-E or AGP 8x? Not familliar w/ the P4C-800 thats all. Ofcourse, I'd buy a P5AD2 Premium. That one has innate DDR2 600 but I could probably support DDR2 800 aswell once it comes out.

PS: How much did you blow on that rig? :)

actually it's just DDR it's dualchannel 400(2x200), it's 2x512MB ram

and the 6800 is AGP 8x, PX is too pointless in my opinion right now anyway, plus i bought my card before they even invented PX. And believe me when I say, Gainward is also a great G-card manu. that allows huge OC's, the stock on my GT was 350/1000, and I can run it at 445/1185, I consider that pretty damn good. lol, I can run it at 450/1200, however after about 20 minutes artifacts start up. I'll have to add it all up again to tell you how much it all cost, without the new monitor prolly around $2500, or less, I got a ton of really nice deals.