Playmoreconsoles.com TSL review

no offense, but a few too many spelling errors (or whatever the term is for using the wrong word). i also disagree with you saying the story doesnt make sense if you play lightside.

other than that, i suppose it was a decent review, although many of the issues you had with the game werent evident in my game. but thats your perogative since it is, afterall, your review.

*shrugs*

but do i agree with your review? id say im about 40 to 50% in agreement with you, but disagree with some of your issues.

I haven't played the game yet (yay, go europe!), so I can't comment on the storyline, glitches etc. However, I didn't find your review very useful. Apart from the aforementioned typos and grammatical problems that caused me to re-read several sentences more than once, I was under the impression it was a rather spammy post on one of these boards rather than a professional review.

As for the style, the review was only roughly structured and has a tendency to drift off into sidepoints while being on a paragraph about something entirely different. Also, I wonder why the marketing strategies are of such high importance. One sentence ought to be enough to let people know about your puzzlement, after all they are reading your review and if they haven't known before, after your review they will know about the game.

Hope it helps. Little less ranting, little more to the point and it would have been only a biased review (I'm sure there are people who're not frustrated about learning new sides of the story when they play through it again, ever thought of that? Not everyone enjoys a game for the same reasons as you do, which is obviously gaming + experiencing the whole story, just like in a good book).

I disagree with your scoring system. Didn't read all of the review, because honestly, it was hard to read. Some sentences were very confusing, and I hate reading stuff over and over just to make sense of it.

On a side note, the Ninja Gaiden review is funny as hell...

...I was under the impression it was a rather spammy post on one of these boards rather than a professional review....

Hope it helps. Little less ranting, little more to the point and it would have been only a biased review (I'm sure there are people who're not frustrated about learning new sides of the story when they play through it again, ever thought of that? Not everyone enjoys a game for the same reasons as you do, which is obviously gaming + experiencing the whole story, just like in a good book).

thats how i felt. no offense tyrell, but it seemed more like a post by a "pissed off gamer", than a professional reviewer who objectively looks at the pros and cons of the game.

plus as old school wheelman pointed out, its a bit unfair to include obsidian in the blame for poor or nonexistant marketing when its not their responsibility to do so.

...I was under the impression it was a rather spammy post on one of these boards rather than a professional review....

thats how i felt. no offense tyrell, but it seemed more like a post by a "pissed off gamer", than a professional reviewer who objectively looks at the pros and cons of the game.

plus as old school wheelman pointed out, its a bit unfair to include obsidian in the blame for poor or nonexistant marketing when its not their responsibility to do so.

It seemed sort of critical rather than informative. <_<

Spelling-errors aside, there's some lack of objectivity in the review. But considering your age Tyrell, it will probably get better over time.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Spelling-errors aside, there's some lack of objectivity in the review. But considering your age Tyrell, it will probably get better over time.

I'll agree with that.

But since i have not got the game all i can do is read what other think about it.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

Yeah well I sort of had a deadline for the review and I was quite past it so it was a rushed review as you all can tell. But one of my main things was to not be much of a suck up. What needed to be known was known.

Yes I admit, I did take more of the pissed off gamer view rather then the normal way but hey. Take a look at my MTV's Music Generator 3 review. You'll see my true skills.

That TSL review isn't my normal writing.

Besides it isn't like I'm doing this as a job, its just a fansite. None of us get paid. However I do get to goto E3 this May for free!

Like I said in the other thread, before posting read the material aloud to yourself. Its a very quick way to find mistakes compared to others. Overall, I like it and keep it up.

But considering your age Tyrell, it will probably get better over time.

Just how old are you. I am guessing late teens early twenties.

Besides it isn't like I'm doing this as a job, its just a fansite. None of us get paid. However I do get to goto E3 this May for free!

I'm never serious when I'm online, and I never take anything anyone says seriously, but I guess I'll leave that persona for a moment and just say a few things to you, from the heart without being too serious and "parent-like".

Always do your best in everything you do. Excel in whatever task is given to you, or that you chose to take. Whether you're donating your time, or getting paid for your time, you should always look at it as a direct reflection on you, as a person. When you choose to do reviews for a fansite such as this, not only are you being judged as a person, but the entire website is being judged by your reviews. It may be "just a fansite" to you, but it has the potential to become something much larger to someone else. If you're not interested enough to always put your best foot forward, then why even bother in the first place?

I do a *lot* of pro bono work, and regardless of whether I'm designing a website for money, or doing a brochure for an organization for free during my spare time, I always do the very best that my talents allow me to. It's sometimes a thankless job, but it's still appreciated, and says volumes for you as a person.

Anyway... ummm...

KOTOR 2 sucks! RaaahhH!! k?

Like I said in the other thread, before posting read the material aloud to yourself.  Its a very quick way to find mistakes compared to others.  Overall, I like it and keep it up. 

But considering your age Tyrell, it will probably get better over time.

Just how old are you. I am guessing late teens early twenties.

IIRC, he's only 18.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy