PS2 or Gamecube?

ramza

I don't understand why anybody rents games. It's - what - five bucks at blockbuster for a few days, and no average non-obsessive joe could finish most games in that time.

No, the best thing to do is limit yourself to older titles and buy 'em cheap - 15 - 20 bucks. There are many great games for the gamecube in that price range - wind waker, viewtiful joe, metroid prime, eternal darkness, animal crossing, and so on. I'm guessing it's even more so for the Playstation 2, with its huge library.

As to which console to get ... I dunno. I wish I'd gotten an x-box, because it has more games that interest me than the cube, and what I've seen of playstation exclusives don't do much for me. But the gamecube was _cheap_.

Sometimes, when I'm looking for a good RPG, I begin to wonder why I even bought a Playstation 2. Then Rockstar works their magic and release yet another GTA and I'm in heaven for 2-3 years.

By the way, does anyone know of any good RPG's for the Playstation 2..? Preferrably one with a huge world, exploration and a pretty non-linear story. I've only found one RPG like that so far (Road Trip - A Road Adventure) and would very much like to find another one.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just made a list of all the games that interest me for each console. For the PS2, there are more than 50 games that I am interested in and it happens that I know where I can get thoses at a good price. On the other hand, the GC games that I like are very few but worth buying though. Those are FFChronicles, RE0, RE1 and RE4, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, MGS1 Twin Snakes and some titles from the Mario, Sonic, Zelda and Metroid series. I guess I will pick a PS2, but if I manage to find a GC and those games for cheap, I am definitely buy it too. A friend of mine had bought a GC, with one controller, one memory card AND with RE0 and RE1. He only payed 50

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I don't understand why anybody rents games.  It's - what - five bucks at blockbuster for a few days, and no average non-obsessive joe could finish most games in that time.

A lot of console titles are very short (I heard Halo 2 is about 18 hours long in single plater), the advanatge of renting is testing to see if its a good game or crap.

drakron.png

(I heard Halo 2 is about 18 hours long in single plater)

Actually, it is more like 10 hours long, according to one of my Halo-loving friends. That's about the same length as Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (a very short game). Nasty.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

...I now have both a Gamecube (a gift) that's been sittin' 'round collection dust since Xmas and a PS2...go fer the PS2, ye won't regret it... :(

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

I'll buy it off you....got an Ebay account?

They're only $99 bucks at the store Eru.

I realize that, if I can get it cheaper and he's never used it though, and won't ever use it anyway, why not? :)