Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

PS2 or Gamecube?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Cantousent

Cantousent

Forum Moderator

• Validating
  • 5895 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
x-box

ShadowPaladin V1.0

ShadowPaladin V1.0

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8772 posts
Get both.

The back catalogue of really cheap games makes it more than worthwhile.

As for the next gens, well unless you have to have one, or something comes out that you just cant pass up. It's usually best to wait for at least a year before buying a new console.

Llyranor

Llyranor

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 6812 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Gabrielle
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Ever consider rentals?

Sargallath Abraxium

Sargallath Abraxium

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1325 posts
...I now have both a Gamecube (a gift) that's been sittin' 'round collection dust since Xmas and a PS2...go fer the PS2, ye won't regret it... :o

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

GirlGamersUnite

GirlGamersUnite

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 59 posts
generally a ps2 is better.
right now im considering getting a gamecube to play RE4 and The Legend of Zelda.

Child of Flame

Child of Flame

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3213 posts

...I now have both a Gamecube (a gift) that's been sittin' 'round collection dust since Xmas and a PS2...go fer the PS2, ye won't regret it... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll buy it off you....got an Ebay account?

jaguars4ever

jaguars4ever

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7093 posts

...I now have both a Gamecube (a gift) that's been sittin' 'round collection dust since Xmas and a PS2...go fer the PS2, ye won't regret it... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're only $99 bucks at the store Eru.

Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz

Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 20 posts
I don't understand why anybody rents games. It's - what - five bucks at blockbuster for a few days, and no average non-obsessive joe could finish most games in that time.

No, the best thing to do is limit yourself to older titles and buy 'em cheap - 15 - 20 bucks. There are many great games for the gamecube in that price range - wind waker, viewtiful joe, metroid prime, eternal darkness, animal crossing, and so on. I'm guessing it's even more so for the Playstation 2, with its huge library.

As to which console to get ... I dunno. I wish I'd gotten an x-box, because it has more games that interest me than the cube, and what I've seen of playstation exclusives don't do much for me. But the gamecube was _cheap_.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8561 posts
Sometimes, when I'm looking for a good RPG, I begin to wonder why I even bought a Playstation 2. Then Rockstar works their magic and release yet another GTA and I'm in heaven for 2-3 years.

By the way, does anyone know of any good RPG's for the Playstation 2..? Preferrably one with a huge world, exploration and a pretty non-linear story. I've only found one RPG like that so far (Road Trip - A Road Adventure) and would very much like to find another one.

ramza

ramza

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1418 posts
I just made a list of all the games that interest me for each console. For the PS2, there are more than 50 games that I am interested in and it happens that I know where I can get thoses at a good price. On the other hand, the GC games that I like are very few but worth buying though. Those are FFChronicles, RE0, RE1 and RE4, Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, MGS1 Twin Snakes and some titles from the Mario, Sonic, Zelda and Metroid series. I guess I will pick a PS2, but if I manage to find a GC and those games for cheap, I am definitely buy it too. A friend of mine had bought a GC, with one controller, one memory card AND with RE0 and RE1. He only payed 50 for all this (I have to precise that the GC wasn't new but just a little bit used). Now, that's a bargain!

Drakron

Drakron

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2119 posts

I don't understand why anybody rents games.  It's - what - five bucks at blockbuster for a few days, and no average non-obsessive joe could finish most games in that time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A lot of console titles are very short (I heard Halo 2 is about 18 hours long in single plater), the advanatge of renting is testing to see if its a good game or crap.

mkreku

mkreku

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8561 posts

(I heard Halo 2 is about 18 hours long in single plater)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, it is more like 10 hours long, according to one of my Halo-loving friends. That's about the same length as Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay (a very short game). Nasty.

Child of Flame

Child of Flame

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3213 posts

...I now have both a Gamecube (a gift) that's been sittin' 'round collection dust since Xmas and a PS2...go fer the PS2, ye won't regret it... :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're only $99 bucks at the store Eru.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I realize that, if I can get it cheaper and he's never used it though, and won't ever use it anyway, why not? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users