Nar Shaddaa glitch ==> Worst Glitch in Gaming?

Well every game has them. Some so minor that you don't even notice them, some so major that it totally takes away from the gameplay. If anyone played or followed KOTOR, you'll know of the Carth Glitch. I really never experienced it (Thank God!) but I think it occurred once you saved Bastilla/Carth on the Leviathon or something like that. I believe the game just freezes or some **** like that. Like I said I never experienced it but I did read some of the threads over at Bioware so I believe I have some knowledge of it. The Carth Glitches was one of those glitches that was minor in the way that it really didn't hurt the gameplay. All you had to do was turn off the game and start from where you last saved. Depending on the last time you saved, it could be really major or minor.

In TSL one of the many things that people wanted least was the bugs/glitches. KOTOR had many of them but mostly minor irriating ones. Sadly TSL does exactly the opposite of what the fans wanted. Take the glitches of KOTOR and times them by 3 and you have the level of effect of the TSL glitches. The noticable one by many is what I call the Nar Shaddaa Glitch.

Since this IS the General Gameplay forum I won't giveaway anything that has to do with the story. But let me just put it like this. After Handle Certain Business on Nar Shaddaa, there is supposed to be a cut-scene triggered. Once this happens you can now progress further onto the planet and continue it's story. See the problem is, sometimes (No matter what you did and how much you did on Nar Shaddaa) this cut-scene isn't triggered. If it isn't triggered then you can progress. You can leave the planet and complete the rest of the planets and still come back and the cut-scene still won't trigger. Leaving you in a position to where the only solution is to just delete the game file and start ALL OVER.

There is a way to get around it depending on when was the last time you saved the game. If the last time you saved was BEFORE you "handled that business" then you can always load it back up, handle the business and just hope for the cut-scene to come up. If it goes like that then you are okay. But you are **** out of luck if you last saved it AFTER the handled business (Including Auto-Saves). That means you cannot go back, you are just stuck. If this happens....then the scene never comes up. You are just put in the position to just start ALL OVER.

The Nar Shaddaa Glitch is one of those bugs that drastically effect the gameplay in a major way in which it essentially ends the game for you forcing you to start over. I mean lets say you completed ALL of the planets and NS is your final one and you have like a level 50 Jedi. You would have to start ALL OVER which would really suck.

I would say that this IS worst then the Carth Glitch of KOTOR and is probably one of the worst game glitches of all time if not THE WORST of all time. Cause this actually ****s up your game to the point where it totally messes it up on a massive level.

I experienced game glitches in the past that messed up the GP but never have I experienced one that made you start over. Sad/Funny thing is, if don't follow any strategy guides or anything, you would never know that this glitch is in effect which is another reason why I believe it is THE worst ever. You can run around Nar Shaddaa trying to progress for days, weeks, and months thinking that there is something small that you have overlooked. That can really make a person go crazy cause I know I did. In reality, you aren't overlooking anything it is just that the cut-scene never occurred which inables you to progress further.

I'm sorry I've played many games in my life but never went through something like this. I mean there may have been glitches in games that deletes your game file or enables you to save or some **** like that, something to make you start over like this one. But this not only makes you start over, atleast on those glitches you know that something is wrong, with this one you'll never know it happens. You'll just keep running around trying to find something. You'll only find out once you seek help and only to find out that a cut-scene should have occurred but didn't.

What do you guys think?

I mean I must say, I really love the story in TSL and I can see where Obsidian might be heading with this so far as a part 3 goes. But it is just these many bugs that ****s up the whole gaming experience. Not to mention these lousy load times.

But yeah, what do you think of this glitch?

To force the cut-scene to trigger you might want to try paying that little rodent creature 2000 credits to instantly fix/spoil you rep with the Exchange. It always does the trick for me.  :ermm:

See thats just the thing....sometimes you can do just that and STILL not get the cut-scene. Thats my whole basis. It happened to me and many other people, just goto the GameFAQs forum and you'll see.

Yes paying the little rat will fix it most of the times, but for those unlucky people, STILL NOTHING happens.

i have no clue which cutscene youre talking about.  if you could pm me (to avoid spoilers) and either describe it or give me the gist of it because i dont think ive ever experienced it.

Think hes speaking about the exchange getting ahold of him.

Frankly I have played the game from start to finish 8 different times and only the first time through did I have to wait for exchange to contact me (but that was my own fault (NOT A BUG) as I ended up helping and hurting the exchange about equally. Had I payed more attention to what was said and what I was doing it wouldnt have been a issue).

This just anouther one of those cases where there is no actual bug but because things not working out exactly as player wants them to, its called a bug.

It seems to me (personal opinion) that 95% of the so called bugs in KotOR2 end up falling in one of three catagories 1) Player wasnt reading the messages as completely as they should 2) Player used some form of exploit or cheat early on (I have a theory after reading these boards that using the cheats and exploits cause many of the listed bug as those that dont use them seem to have much less trouble over all), 3) Person just hates Obsidian. (the last 5% being actual slow downs and legit bugs in game).

Im guessing this person falls into number 1 catagory, just stay consistant (either help or dont help exchange) and they will contact you in short order.

This just anouther one of those cases where there is no actual bug but because things not working out exactly as player wants them to, its called a bug.

Because we all know, if you didn't experience it, nobody else on the planet ever will either. You have got to be the biggest fanboy on these forums. You claim everthing other people experience is just their own fault, and not a real issue with the glitch.

I think it would suck. Never experienced that, but I have experienced glitches with the cutscene you're referring to. Ranging from no readable text showing up while he's speaking his gibberish language, to the cutscene ubruptly ending before the first word is spoken.

Well every game has them. Some so minor that you don't even notice them, some so major that it totally takes away from the gameplay. If anyone played or followed KOTOR, you'll know of the Carth Glitch. I really never experienced it (Thank God!) but I think it occurred once you saved Bastilla/Carth on the Leviathon or something like that. I believe the game just freezes or some **** like that. Like I said I never experienced it but I did read some of the threads over at Bioware so I believe I have some knowledge of it. The Carth Glitches was one of those glitches that was minor in the way that it really didn't hurt the gameplay. All you had to do was turn off the game and start from where you last saved. Depending on the last time you saved, it could be really major or minor.

In TSL one of the many things that people wanted least was the bugs/glitches. KOTOR had many of them but mostly minor irriating ones. Sadly TSL does exactly the opposite of what the fans wanted. Take the glitches of KOTOR and times them by 3 and you have the level of effect of the TSL glitches. The noticable one by many is what I call the Nar Shaddaa Glitch.

Since this IS the General Gameplay forum I won't giveaway anything that has to do with the story. But let me just put it like this. After Handle Certain Business on Nar Shaddaa, there is supposed to be a cut-scene triggered. Once this happens you can now progress further onto the planet and continue it's story. See the problem is, sometimes (No matter what you did and how much you did on Nar Shaddaa) this cut-scene isn't triggered. If it isn't triggered then you can progress. You can leave the planet and complete the rest of the planets and still come back and the cut-scene still won't trigger. Leaving you in a position to where the only solution is to just delete the game file and start ALL OVER.

There is a way to get around it depending on when was the last time you saved the game. If the last time you saved was BEFORE you "handled that business" then you can always load it back up, handle the business and just hope for the cut-scene to come up. If it goes like that then you are okay. But you are **** out of luck if you last saved it AFTER the handled business (Including Auto-Saves). That means you cannot go back, you are just stuck. If this happens....then the scene never comes up. You are just put in the position to just start ALL OVER.

The Nar Shaddaa Glitch is one of those bugs that drastically effect the gameplay in a major way in which it essentially ends the game for you forcing you to start over. I mean lets say you completed ALL of the planets and NS is your final one and you have like a level 50 Jedi. You would have to start ALL OVER which would really suck.

I would say that this IS worst then the Carth Glitch of KOTOR and is probably one of the worst game glitches of all time if not THE WORST of all time. Cause this actually ****s up your game to the point where it totally messes it up on a massive level.

I experienced game glitches in the past that messed up the GP but never have I experienced one that made you start over. Sad/Funny thing is, if don't follow any strategy guides or anything, you would never know that this glitch is in effect which is another reason why I believe it is THE worst ever. You can run around Nar Shaddaa trying to progress for days, weeks, and months thinking that there is something small that you have overlooked. That can really make a person go crazy cause I know I did. In reality, you aren't overlooking anything it is just that the cut-scene never occurred which inables you to progress further.

I'm sorry I've played many games in my life but never went through something like this. I mean there may have been glitches in games that deletes your game file or enables you to save or some **** like that, something to make you start over like this one. But this not only makes you start over, atleast on those glitches you know that something is wrong, with this one you'll never know it happens. You'll just keep running around trying to find something. You'll only find out once you seek help and only to find out that a cut-scene should have occurred but didn't.

What do you guys think?

I mean I must say, I really love the story in TSL and I can see where Obsidian might be heading with this so far as a part 3 goes. But it is just these many bugs that ****s up the whole gaming experience. Not to mention these lousy load times.

I never heard of this glitch before. However, it must suck for those who experience it though.

And the loadtimes are very short compared to games like Doom III, Deus Ex 2, Half-Life 2, Bloodlines and Far Cry to the PC.

//EDIT: Whops, girlfriend's account. -Meshugger

i have gotten the glitch the topic creator speaks of and yes, it's a game ender. to test if the glitch is happening to u go to the lil bat guy to at the right of the entertainment complex and ask how u stand w/ the Exchange. if it kicks u outta the convo w/o any dialog options, i believe the quest is at that point broken. i think i found a fix for it though. i'll get the link.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...18608464&page=3

it towards the bottom of page 4 in that topic.

Excellent sig you got there :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...18608464&page=3

it towards the bottom of page 4 in that topic.

Excellent sig you got there :p

i get compliments on it all the time. thanks. can't take credit for it though because i read it somewhere. can't remember where though. anyway i hope that fix will help some peeps out because this is a HUGE glitch. way worse than the Carth glitch, which could be gotten around by leaving the console on for long periods or mashing the white button during the cutscene before Carth loaded. a guy i know got this glitch and i felt so bad for him. he had thought everything was okay so he went and did a couple more worlds before realizing he had it. he started over and i think he said he lost about 25 hours. all i lost was the time it took to level to 50 on Korriban.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i got a glich in nar shaddaa thats a game ender. it just happens after you blow up gotos yachet. you meet with the jedi in miras room after you blow up the yachet and answer all his questions and whatever and he tells you he'll meet you on dantooine later on. when you get control of your character again your trapped in miras room....the door your sposed to leave out of is closed. and its one of those doors you cant open. the magnetically locked ones that can only be opened from the inside (which is where i am btw) and you can see no means of opening it. only thing else in the room is plasteel cylinder (empty). if anyone else has experienced this and has any clue as to how i could get around it plz lemmie know. ive tried reloading a previous save, but the farthest one back i had was before infiltrating gotos yachet. i tried doin that part with 2 different characters than the 1st time and still no go.....plz help...i wont start all over. if there is no way around this i dont think i can force myself to do all that mess all over again.

• 2 weeks later...