Why is duel wielding made superior in KotOR II?

Ok well I finally got a hold of a list of feats for KotOR II and all seemed good untill I came upon the special feats for Marauders and Weapon Masters. Some of the combat feats for KotOR II are similar to those in KotOR I like Dueling, Duel Wielding, and Lightsaber Specialization. However, once we get into the prestige class feats we find that it makes duel wielding better than using one weapon. It does this by having superior duel wielding feats but no superior dueling feats....how can this be??? This kinda forces those Guardian/Weapon Masters that what just a classic single bladed lightsaber (like myself) to have to get a double-bladed or wield two sabers just so they can make their character be up to par with the rest...this dissapoints me very much.

Can someone explain this to mean....hopefully a developer.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

Can someone explain this to mean....hopefully a developer.

What's to explain? It was a bad design move.

And the Devs seem to be AWOL at the moment.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Come to think of it it's not that bad after all. When using one lightsaber there are no penalties, so when choosing dueling feats you are only improving on a good thing right? When using two weapons there are huge penalties for doing so and even after choosing six feats you still haven

Yes but in KOTOR you could cause much more damage if you used 2 lightsabers.

I was hoping that single bladed would be more powerful this time around.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Well because the real ways to be a great saberist is to have two sabers at once or a double-bladed Lightsaber.

I think you should be able to have Superior Dueling yes, but in truth the single blade is limited, the other two kinds are the real deal if you want to inflict a lot more damage.

But in the movies the single doesn't seem limited...there has to be some reason Dooku, Anakin, Sidious, Yoda chose the single blade....I think that, yes, the double and duel lightsabers may possibly do more damage but single should make up for it in defense and other things...and those that are saberist should have to give up on the single cause in the movies it always seems like the superior choice.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

The Double-bladed Lightsaber is more difficult to master, the same goes for Dual sabers.

I suspect that the knowledge on how to create a double-bladed Lightsaber was lost during some time in the movies. Maybe even the knowledge on how to use it was lost as well.

And perhaps making a Lightsaber is much more harder than we believe it is, hence the lack of people using Dual sabers.

The Sith created the double-bladed Lightsaber, so I suspect Jedis do not want to wield a Sith weapon, for obvious reasons. I guess some people couldn't be arsed learning more advanced Lightsaber techniques, who knows.

Well at least if you wield a single blade you should be able to do at least 70% of the damage you would cause if you had dual or double sabers.

Also you could have some Force bonus, cause by having two lightsabers you have reduced concerntration in comparison to one.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Its always more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, more power, and more power.

Man, its getting sickening. :thumbsup:

But in the movies the single doesn't seem limited...there has to be some reason Dooku, Anakin, Sidious, Yoda chose the single blade....

Dooku, Sidious and Yoda were all of the counsular type. It would only make sense they would use a single blade, so their "force powers" could be focused on more.

Maul would fall in the "maurader" wouldn't he? Double bladed.

Anakin uses two blades at the end of ep 2, and also during his fight with Obi in ep 3. But you can see the limits of a single blade when Anakin fights Dooku... Here you have a padawan, going against a sith lord former jedi master, and he puts up a good fight when he duel wields, actually putting Dooku on the defensive for a moment. Maul was able to fight a jedi master and a padawan with his double blade, killed the master once he got to solo combat, and then go punked when his saber got busted. :)

I agree with the rest of your post though. Singles never seem limited when going against another single, but during the movies, when a double/duel wielder has been thrown into the mix, the balance seems to quickly shift to their favor. Much like the KOTOR games, I guess...

Here you have a padawan, going against a sith lord former jedi master, and he puts up a good fight when he duel wields, actually putting Dooku on the defensive for a moment.

It's incredible the extent to which some people will twist the truth to make a point. :)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It's incredible the extent to which some people will twist the truth to make a point. :shifty:

Lets see.... From memory here -

Anakin charges, dooku owns him with lightning.

Obi fights, gets cut a few times, Anakin dives in and saves him.

Obi throws Anakin his saber, and Anakin starts swinging and Dooku begins to backpedal...

For a *moment* Dooku was on the defensive, until Anakin stopped swinging, and Dooku either cut his arm off, or the lightsaber, I don't remember.

But ok, Star Wars master, you see it a different way, neato.

dooku was just better than anakin at....everything

Until Anakin kills him in ep 3.