Do you hate controlers?

Darth Reven

I actually own a SmartJoy Frag, but because I've let my girlfriend's little sisters borrow my Playstation 2, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I just tested it (in GTA: San Andreas) and it seemed to work great. Of course, I never had time to set the buttons right so it might not have been the best of tests..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I actually own a SmartJoy Frag, but because I've let my girlfriend's little sisters borrow my Playstation 2, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I just tested it (in GTA: San Andreas) and it seemed to work great. Of course, I never had time to set the buttons right so it might not have been the best of tests..

You willingly parted with you PS2? Good God man, did they drug you?! :lol:

manthing2.jpg

Hmmm... interesting. :ermm: Since I played KotOR on my PC and got an Xbox just to play Sith Lords, I did miss many of the quicker controls that you get on the PC. Now that I have played through once (and started Halo), I ma getting used to them. >_<

I hate controllers... in fact, I hate everything about consoles. They are nothing but outright devilry aimed at making life sour for us who walk the true path of the Personal Computer!!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Then don't. Just cause you have it dosen't mean you have to use it all the time.

Relax, that wasn't a knock against the converter you mentionned. It was aimed towards Kaftan.

And BTW, the old Atari joysticks kicked ***.

Especially when they got that extra button. (w00t)

manthing2.jpg

I had an old Wico Redball for my Commodore 128 that I still miss tremendously. An old swedish gaming magazine once reviewed the Wico Redball. They gave it the highest score with the motivation, "If there ever was a World War 3, the only thing that would survive would be c0ckroaches and Wico Redballs."

wicococo.jpg

Edit: Isn't it insane that I have to use "1337-speek" (almost) to be able to write c0ckroach?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I like keyboard/mouse for PC games, and I like controllers for console games. Games are always better on the system they're designed for.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thats why they brought out the S. After using the Xbox one for a while the PS2 one feels quite small but I'm quite used to going between all three of them.

KOTOR II is a joy to play with a controller , find it hard to imagine with a keyboard.

Still prefer mouse for the odd RTS.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I hate controllers... in fact, I hate everything about consoles. They are nothing but outright devilry aimed at making life sour for us who walk the true path of the Personal Computer!!

Amen ... Always hated them!

I liked the older controls better, like for Nintendo.  There weren't too many buttons or functions to keep in mind...

Only the cross, the start-select and A B buttons. (life was simple back then) :D

Not to mention the "Duckhunt" gun. :p

I still have my trusty old Nintendo and my Duckhunt gun! ahh that sweet sound it makes when you shot and hit a duck .. hehe

Fortune favors the bald.

Mouse and keyboard for life, baby.

Exitium

RPG Codex - the premier avant garde gaming news site.

"It is more convenient to follow one's conscience than one's intelligence, for at every failure, conscience finds an excuse and an encouragement in itself. That is why there are so many conscientious and so few intelligent people." - Nietzsche

Mouse and keyboard for life, baby.

Same here, I've used them too much to ever be able to move to console controllers. No matter how flexible. Have to admit though, that S-controller for bill-box feels quite right for my hand. Good enough to have endless co-ops of Halo on my friend's 'box. :wub:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds