Tired of XBOX getting everything first

Are you tired of XBOXer's getting every good game first?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tired of XBOXer's getting every good game first?

• Yes
    • No, I have an XBOX, so I get it anyway
    • No, I buy it when it gets cheaper anyway
    • No, I just don't care

Well, myself, I am glad it came to the Xbox, but not because it came to the Xbox first. It's just that I just happened to have a Xbox, and the Xbox guarantees that the game will run fine, while my PC doesn't. Also, I like playing at consoles a lot more than on PCs.

Well, myself, I am glad it came to the Xbox, but not because it came to the Xbox first. It's just that I just happened to have a Xbox, and the Xbox guarantees that the game will run fine, while my PC doesn't. Also, I like playing at consoles a lot more than on PCs.

I'd quibble about that, on Xbox it might be less likely that the game crashes or doesn't install for whatever Windows or hardware related reason, but it's also less likely to keep up a smooth framerate with high quality graphics... :o"

*nitpick* *pedant* *irritate*

Sorry, bad day at work... I'll hide now. :ph34r:

Mmm.... I hear the X-BOX has quick loadtimes... OH wait.... thats only if you copy the game to your hard drive.... Ofcourse, it all depends on what your definition of quick is. For me quick is 1 minute like on the lightning fast 733MHz X-BOX processor! WOW 733MHZ!!! I wish I had something like that. :devil:

just kidding X-BOX users, its nothing personal. I just don't like consoles.

To the original question, yes.

On the other hand, the delays in this particular game also provide a greater possibility of not suffering the numerous bugs and problems the XBox version has. And also we PCers have the opportunity for patches for gamefixes or extra content should Obsidian/LA give us any.

That alone might make the additional months of waiting worthwhile.

so i take it your copy of kotor 2 doesn't have the same kinds of bugs as everyone else or you just not saying....

I didn't mind the two-month wait so much when I thought that there would be extra content on the PC version, like there was in KoTOR 1. In my opinion, something like the Yavin IV station would make up for the delay. Yavin IV certainly added quite a bit to the original game, and if something comparably valuable were added in KoTOR II, I thought it would be worth a shortish wait.

Apparently, though, there won't be anything like that with KoTOR II. The delay is being used on bug fixes and such. While fewer bugs will surely be a pleasant addition to the game, I have to admit to that I'm already sorely disappointed with the game now, and I haven't even played it yet.

I've seen reviews of the Xbox version, and, although most of the problems with it seem to be technical ones which shouldn't occur in the PC release, a universal complaint seems to be a disappointing ending. I don't know any details, but what I've heard doesn't bode well. That, combined with the two months of waiting, combined with the let-down of finding out that this time isn't being spent on adding extra content to the game, but rather on fixing bugs which by all rights should have already been found and corrected before the Xbox version went gold, has brought me to the point where I'm no longer nearly so eager to play this game as I was a few weeks ago.

I can't help but think that Bioware wouldn't have let the fans down like this if the development were in their hands, and I hope that Obsidian does more justice to the NWN sequel than they seem to have done with KoTOR's.

I'd quibble about that, on Xbox it might be less likely that the game crashes or doesn't install for whatever Windows or hardware related reason, but it's also less likely to keep up a smooth framerate with high quality graphics... :ermm:"

*nitpick* *pedant* *irritate*

Sorry, bad day at work... I'll hide now. :ph34r:

Well, 'high quality graphics' only goes for those who have good PCs. But the Xbox version is a better choice if your PC can't handle it or anything like that. I'm sure my PC can handle it, it can even handle KOTOR 1 and Half-Life 2, and it's atleast 3-4 years old.

Technically NWN is Phase Base.  Overall I liked Morrowind better, but NWN has better mods.

I know that NWN was built for modding, but I really never got into the mods for NWN, i played several of the highly rated ones, and I got bored. Whereas in Morrowind, there were some absolutely spectacular mods that gripped me and never let me go like Suran Underground.

Plus, even though it was similar to the interface of the IE games, NWN in general seemed awfully sparse. I just didn't connect with my character at all.

im not really tired of the xbox getting things first because i own one and it doesnt affect me.

however, i much prefer using a pc to game, so in that sense im torn.

I could've bought one...

I was thinking... FX 5950 Ultra or X-BOX. Thank god I chose the 5950. Now, when my friends come over and want to play w/e game, they can choose max graphics and not lag. I also have 2 repsectable rigs now. :D

PS: I bought an FX 5950 and got 5 games with it (Doom3, Farcry, DX:IW, SW:BF, BF 1942) and it has excellent overclockability as I managed to get it operating at 600/1200 I think.

It was an exceptionally good deal considering I got the card for $150 US.

Yep, I hate XBOX getting everything first and now, alot of the game series' I love are becoming XBOX only when they where released on PC first!!!  Ex: Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon......how could they not make a Ghost Recon 2 for PC I loved that game.

Fear not! Ubisoft has not abandoned the Ghost Recon series on PC. Behold: Ghost Recon 2 PC

They're just taking awhile longer to make sure it runs properly o:)