Tired of XBOX getting everything first

Are you tired of XBOXer's getting every good game first?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tired of XBOXer's getting every good game first?

• Yes
    • No, I have an XBOX, so I get it anyway
    • No, I buy it when it gets cheaper anyway
    • No, I just don't care

I liked morrowind for it's open endedness, how you could do any thing any time, any place. I played the game for more than 100 hours without starting the "Main Quest".

The only problem with Morrowind was the fighting, this is just personal opinion but i like turnbased slightly better than first person, atleast in an RPG.

I liked Neverwinter night's story better, and it was turned based. Also, henchmen might have been a good addition to Morrowind that came later in the form of Pack animals in Tribunal. even that wasn't very impresive.

A while ago (before the Xbox version was released) some of us talked about an beta version of the game, glday for the PC users it was only released for the Xbox >_<

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

Yep, I hate XBOX getting everything first and now, alot of the game series' I love are becoming XBOX only when they where released on PC first!!! Ex: Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon......how could they not make a Ghost Recon 2 for PC I loved that game.

"Some people are always trying to iceskate uphill."

Blade(Wesley Snipes) from the movie Blade.

Edited for content

"The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization." - Sigmund Freud

LOL, doesnt bother me at all.

When it got to the point I was missing out on stuff I just went out and got a XBox >_<

Glad I did to, I actually find I prefer my offline RPGs on XBox over the PC to be honest.

TV is much larger then my PC Monitor, Sofa much more comfortable then my PC chair, and Coffee machine closer :luck:

Win win win situation for me :cat:

PS: Altho I refuse to get Xbox Live, multiplayer is where the PC comes in! Offline is the XBoxes strenght!

Now theres a question i've been debating with myself about,

what do you think was a better game?

Neverwinter Nights or Morrowind?

Though call, assuming we leave mods and expansions out of the discussion. I dislike them both, but it did take longer for Morrowind's myriad flaws to really start grating, so it has to get the nod.

Things arriving first on the X-box doesn't bother me *that* much, as long as it's just a couple of months. Especially if it means I get a superior game.

If dev. wouldn't push everything so much pc would be a good gaming option. But when you have to upgrade all the time I rather just buy a console where I know the game will run. Don't have to worry that my xbox needs a new graphic card to play a game.

Also since I have modded xbox I can have modded games also. :) If I want online play I use XBC.(if the game has system link)

I wouldn't have cared if they hadn't said the XBOX and PC versions will be released concurrently.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

If dev. wouldn't push everything so much pc would be a good gaming option. But when you have to upgrade all the time I rather just buy a console where I know the game will run. Don't have to worry that my xbox needs a new graphic card to play a game.

Also since I have modded xbox I can have modded games also. :( If I want online play I use XBC.(if the game has system link)

Don't forget that the X-BOX is also cheaper than a PC. Infact, the price of a 6800 Ultra card is more than the price of an X-BOX w/ 2 Controllers, a DVD Remote and 4 games.

However, I AM STILL A PROUD PC GAMER. :D

I'm glad that the PC version wasn't rushed like the xbox version it will probably have less bugs.

Hope so.

The main issues I have with consoles are that (1) it's a completely closed platform so there's bugger all you can do if it goes wrong -- on a PC even if you're using closed source software like almost games are there's often a way of jiggering with it even if you run into an unpatched bug, and (2) the consoles' graphics quality and so ons tend to pander to the lowest common denominator and I'm a GeForce 6800GT-owning snob :rolleyes:

So about the same arguments as everyone else here. Blimey. :x

And if you are in school (like me) you can use your PC for homework and pursue other *cough* activities that cannot be done on an XBOX, I think that as far as overall value goes, looking past game, a PC is a much better deal.

Precisely. The number of things you can do on a PC is so much more than what you can do on an X-BOX. I can do work/programming such as word processing, coding etc. I can also chat w/ friends using instant messaging, use the telephone on the PC (w/ a dialup connection ofcourse) etc. If people say that you cant play console games on PC, you can probably use an emulator and play all the games for console on PC. You also get access to PC games aswell.

I'm glad that the PC version wasn't rushed like the xbox version it will probably have less bugs.

Hope so.

The main issues I have with consoles are that (1) it's a completely closed platform so there's bugger all you can do if it goes wrong -- on a PC even if you're using closed source software like almost games are there's often a way of jiggering with it even if you run into an unpatched bug, and (2) the consoles' graphics quality and so ons tend to pander to the lowest common denominator and I'm a GeForce 6800GT-owning snob :lol:

So about the same arguments as everyone else here. Blimey. :lol:

Exactly, if you have a 6800 series card, then there is no point in going for a console. To me, it would just be a waste of money. My card alone outperforms the X-BOX. I would rather have 1 6800 Ultra Extreme Edition card than 5 X-BOX systems.